Just wondering why AT&T is releasing the 9900 almost 3 months after everyone else.... Why September? Someone please teach me why it isn't coming out in 2-3 weeks? Thanks.
    Supervillain24 likes this.
    08-23-11 07:14 AM
    Most likely because they are the exclusive carrier of the Torch and, based on what they probably paid to get that exclusivity, want to make sure they move a bunch of those phones before releasing one that will eat away at Torch sales.
    08-23-11 07:19 AM
    It's the 9810. They want to get some sales to justify an exclusive.
    08-23-11 07:20 AM
    Yes for some reason they are going to put the 9810 on us like the plague! I hated the first version and the 2nd will not be any more attractive. Then I think they will do the 9860 and only after the iPhone 5 we will see the 9900 in November.

It is all about selling plans for AT&T
    08-23-11 07:26 AM
    Makes sense. Sort of wish they didn't have the torch. Just the new bold. Then I would have one about now haha. Thank god the phone I do have is a good one.
    08-23-11 07:34 AM
    Just wondering why AT&T is releasing the 9900 almost 3 months after everyone else.... Why September? Someone please teach me why it isn't coming out in 2-3 weeks? Thanks.
    Because they're idiots and choosing to push the 9810 first, that's why they're selling it dirt cheap. Nothing on the 9810, but the 9900 imo is better and it's a bad business move on their end not to release it when everyone and there mother is releasing it. Singapore has it for godsake!! Guaranteed at&t is losing business off this little stunt.
    08-23-11 08:04 AM
    Patience is not a talent I possess and at&t is trying it. Definitely thinking about making a executive decision and move my talents to big red lmao
    08-23-11 08:12 AM
    The 9810 is what should have been released prior to the release of the 9800.

The 9800, being the "fastest" Berry at the time, was already dated tech before it was released. Now the 9810 shows up to the party over a year late. I just think the 9810 is waaaaay overdue and now have to suffer the wait time for the 9900 to drop.

Side note - the few reasons I haven't jumped shipped: g-fathered unltd. data, surf-and-talk and rollover minutes. If it weren't for these 3 factors, I'd have been dust.
    08-23-11 08:29 AM

Side note - the few reasons I haven't jumped shipped: g-fathered unltd. data, surf-and-talk and rollover minutes. If it weren't for these 3 factors, I'd have been dust.
    Same for me. If I didn't have unlimited data and I was almost done with my contract, I would jump ship in a heartbeat...AT&T really screwed up.
    08-23-11 11:16 AM
    Here are a few possible reasons as to why:
    1. RIM keeping the fairness of exclusivity for BB devices among U.S. carriers. i.e. Torch, Style, Storm, Pearl 3G
    2. The ability to move & sell a $49.99 BB 7 device.
    3. Imminent release of iPhone 5?

As AT&T users, you all have enjoyed the best overall BB lineup for a while now, while CDMA carriers historically have been on the short end of the stick. It's just other people's turn.

I wanted the Pearl 3G & Torch also, but instead had to settle with a re-badged Tour (9650) for the past year until now. Imagine how that felt!
    08-23-11 11:35 AM
    Has nothing to do with the iphone 5! The Torch would not sell if they released the 9900 now! However I've heard the Torch is selling well because of the price point, so at&t could care less abot what the users want! Put it this way, they skipped the 9780 because of the fear of losing sales of the original Torch and being stuck with all that inventory! They could care less about they're customers, which is why I left and ported my at&t line to my vzw account. Plus I'm enjoying no more dropped calls...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD