From some of the messages that I have been reading about things that AT&T has been doing to customers and the last posts about the Bold being pushed back to October, I was just curious as to know how many people were planning on leaving them due to heartbreak after heartbreak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 07:17 AM
    I have been with at&t for I don't remember how many years. Yeah it does suck that the Bold has been pushed back yet again, but as far as heartbreaks I personally have never had any. Now I can't speak for everyone else, but it will take a lot more than a phone being pushed back to make me leave a carrier, but I am interested to see what other people may have to say about that. Just my two cents
    08-22-08 07:21 AM
    I agree that i won't leave at&t because of a phone being delayed. i am more interested in service and call quality. my service has been outstanding for many, many years and i look forward to many more. i personally think that people are too wrapped up in having the newest item as soon as possible. i also like the newest gadgets but just got my curve the way i like it, so don't see a change in the near future. jmo
    08-22-08 07:32 AM
    I have been with AT&T for over 5 yrs and in all that time I have only had two issues. One was with the phone itself, which after one visit to my local AT&T store was fixed (new phone). The other was with service right after the Cingular/AT&T merge, but that was fixed relatively soon. Overall I would have to say that I am very happy with AT&T and have no plans on switching carriers just because a phone release is pushed back a month or two.
    I would rather have them push the release back a month or two and release a phone that works 100% instead of the SNAFU called the iphone 3G.
    Last edited by yarbleck65; 08-22-08 at 07:39 AM.
    08-22-08 07:35 AM
    I'm not sure what "heartbreaks" you're talking about. I've had no major problems with AT&T, our plan is about as good as anybody's, and the coverage is generally excellent. Even if I was planning to upgrade to the Bold I don't think waiting until October would be a reason to switch carriers.
    08-22-08 07:42 AM
    I'm not sure what "heartbreaks" you're talking about. I've had no major problems with AT&T, our plan is about as good as anybody's, and the coverage is generally excellent. Even if I was planning to upgrade to the Bold I don't think waiting until October would be a reason to switch carriers.
    You know cousinb, believe it or not, there are a lot of people that will switch carriers just for a device. I for one can't do that. Wait, I take that back. That's why I left Sprint/Nextel after 4 and a half years. I was stuck with a 7100i for 2 and a half years and Nextel had no plans for future Berries. I couldn't go to the Sprint side because I couldn't get any service at my job with them so I came over to Verizon. Now I'm happy.

08-22-08 07:59 AM
    I have AT&T for my company phone and it gets the worst service I have ever had. I get more dropped calls from it than I do Alltel. Yeah they may have a great calling area more than others but the service doesnt really help when you can not recieve calls and make them because of the coverage area. I had At&t for about 3 years and my sister has had them for about 8 and she is ready to switch because of the service
    08-22-08 08:07 AM
    I have had AT&T in some form (SNET/SBC/AT&T) for my home service since 1982.
    Cellular for almost 10 years. The service and support has been
    nothing short of exemplary, so no, I'm not going anywhere else.
    08-22-08 09:06 AM
    Im actually thinkin of doing the opposite...Im thinking of switching to at&t lol...I really want the bold and I highly doubt the thunder is gonna come out to VZW by October going off all the pushbacks for the Bold. My girl switched to ATT to get the iphone so I might just add a line to her plan and pick up the Bold and give my father my VZW line so I dont hafta pay an ETF. Decisions Decisions Decisions
    08-22-08 09:50 AM
    I have been with AT&T for almost 15 years and I can't forsee leaving them anytime soon. I think it is very responsible for AT&T to hold off on releasing the Bold until its ready to go - I would rather be patient and wait until the Bold is bug-free and stable rather than be in a rush to get a product that might not be ready yet. Every carrier has it's postives and negatives, but AT&T has always been really good to me and there isn't any other carrier I would want to be with.
    08-22-08 10:06 AM
    I've had good experiences with T-Mobile and Cingular/AT&T, and not so good with Verizon. I don't think I'd change carriers just for the sake of a device.

08-22-08 10:22 AM
    I have been with them 9 years and love them. Its not At&t's fault the BOLD was delayed. At&t tested the device strongly and found the issues with roaming and now waiting on the fix. At&t did the right thing by not releasing a device that did not work to its full potential on their network. Excellent job by them in my mind!
    08-22-08 10:28 AM
    I have been with AT&T for almost 15 years and I can't forsee leaving them anytime soon. I think it is very responsible for AT&T to hold off on releasing the Bold until its ready to go - I would rather be patient and wait until the Bold is bug-free and stable rather than be in a rush to get a product that might not be ready yet. Every carrier has it's postives and negatives, but AT&T has always been really good to me and there isn't any other carrier I would want to be with.
    I have been with them 9 years and love them. Its not At&t's fault the BOLD was delayed. At&t tested the device strongly and found the issues with roaming and now waiting on the fix. At&t did the right thing by not releasing a device that did not work to its full potential on their network. Excellent job by them in my mind!
    I agree.
    Better to wait the extra time to get a better working device.
    08-22-08 10:50 AM
    One more comment about AT&T. When I went to upgrade to my Pearl I expected to pay the full upgrade price of $180. When I went to pay I was told that I somehow qualified for an extra $100 off as well as a rebate of $50 for our existing family SMS texting plan, regardless of whether or not I got a data plan. Pretty good customer service in my book.
    08-22-08 12:27 PM
    Shoot, I left verizon for coming out too late with phones. I guess its ok for them to push the phone back to get the kinks out. At least they're coming out with it. With Verizon, you never know when and if a phone is coming out and it's over 6 months it's out for VZW and AT&T already had it. By the time VZW gets it, AT&T is about to get something newer. Now I will leave AT&T if they start messing with my money!
    08-22-08 01:24 PM
    You know cousinb, believe it or not, there are a lot of people that will switch carriers just for a device. I for one can't do that. Wait, I take that back. That's why I left Sprint/Nextel after 4 and a half years. I was stuck with a 7100i for 2 and a half years and Nextel had no plans for future Berries. I couldn't go to the Sprint side because I couldn't get any service at my job with them so I came over to Verizon. Now I'm happy.

Yes, people will switch carriers for a device. But you are asking if people will switch because the Bold has been pushed back. Nobody else is going to get it before them, so who are people going to switch to and for what device? Definitely now Sprint or VZW, because they not getting the Bold until next year sometime.
    08-22-08 01:27 PM
    AT&T missed with my Money! Worst Phone company in the world! I will never recommend there crappy customer service and I use to get a lot of dropped calls until I switched to Verizon. My sister even had a bad experience with AT&T, but is still with them due to her work discount.
    08-22-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD