Really missed my pattern lock so i downloaded the storm version. It works well but the screen is formatted smaller. Better than anything else out there that i have found so far.
    08-22-11 03:38 PM
    Really missed my pattern lock so i downloaded the storm version. It works well but the screen is formatted smaller. Better than anything else out there that i have found so far.
    I'll be picking up a T2 tomorrow.....Pattern lock doesn't work on it?
    08-22-11 04:20 PM
    No, Pattern Lock doesn't work. Or it least it shows up as unavailable on one's App World list. Same with the Berry Slider locking app.
    08-22-11 04:34 PM
    Great! Wonder want else doesn't work?
    08-22-11 04:47 PM
    People...people...be patient...it will take a while before existing apps catch up to OS 7. I was still able to reload a ton of apps that work in OS 7.
    08-22-11 05:16 PM
    It may sound silly, but the app I use the most is Mileage Tracker.
    I hope that works!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 05:20 PM
    WHAT??? Pattern lock doesn't work?!!!!!

I just picked up my phone tonight and haven't opened it yet.

Patternlock is the best app ever, I don't like folks on my cell. Man, this hurts, I may very well wait until pattern lock works before I switch over to my 9810. I'll just do the set up but use my 9800 for now.
    08-23-11 09:58 PM
    Yeah man....I'm on my 9810 now. I'm thinking the same thing. I may sit on this till a few app's I really need become available
    Pattern lock being one of them.

08-23-11 10:06 PM
    Yes, I hate to seem so paranoid about my phone but I really just appreciate the locking system and the locking button on all BB's for years, just flat out stinks unless you password protect it.

So maybe I'll password protect that, so I can use my phone until pattern lock comes out.....
    08-23-11 10:44 PM
    Password lock is of course doing the trick for now....I've always liked it. Pattern lock is just great though!

What would make the password lock (app already on bb's) better, would be if it too would launch behind the native lock button. The fastest it can lock is a minute or if inserted into a holster.

Anyone know of how to get an immediate lock from password lock? maybe not possible.
    08-25-11 05:07 PM
    I downloaded PatternLock for the Storm & it works great. Paid like....$3. It just occupies a third of the Torch screen....no biggie. This will do till the "real" app is updated.
    Did I mention...I love this device?

08-25-11 05:28 PM
    LOVE mine too! I don't get how or why folks complain about the Torch/es. Squares.

ACTUALLY, pattern lock doesn't even come up in my app world. Its not even in my apps where I've purchased things, in the app history rather in app world.
    08-25-11 05:33 PM
    The Torch PL isn't os7 ready....you'll need to dl the Storm app. Its not formatted for the Torch screen, but it works just fine.

08-25-11 05:37 PM
    I mean, I cannot even pull that one up on App World. Nothing comes up for Pattern Lock
    08-25-11 05:38 PM
    You'll need to do a search or go to another thread and look for the link. Someone dropped the link for the Storm PL on a thread...just don't recall which one. Lemme look & see if can find it. Do a google search..now, if rim would just put spell check back in the browser, I'd be all set!!!

TLS2000 likes this.
    08-25-11 05:45 PM

Anyone know of how to get an immediate lock from password lock? maybe not possible.
    Put the icon on your home screen. That's where I have mine if I have to get to it it's quick and easy.
    08-25-11 05:46 PM
    I mean, I cannot even pull that one up on App World. Nothing comes up for Pattern Lock
    You can also go to crackberry mobihand apps and search for pattern lock. Make sure you search all devices and not the 9810.
    08-25-11 06:46 PM
    Yes I have the icon on my homescreen, thanks. Just thought maybe there was a setting I was missing.

Well, I won't be able to transfer for free if not from app world, I'd rather not pay $3.99 again for it. I will keep my eye on crackberry's mobihand though, thank you.
    08-25-11 07:53 PM
    WHAT??? Pattern lock doesn't work?!!!!!

I just picked up my phone tonight and haven't opened it yet.

Patternlock is the best app ever, I don't like folks on my cell. Man, this hurts, I may very well wait until pattern lock works before I switch over to my 9810. I'll just do the set up but use my 9800 for now.
    If you are upgrading from the 9800, just move your apps over from the old phone. The Torch/Storm version of Patternlock works just fine. Except it's designed for the lower rez of the older phones. So, the functional part is in the upper left 2/3 of the screen. Everything works as intended, just smaller. Looks dorky, but works fine.
    08-25-11 09:00 PM
    If you are upgrading from the 9800, just move your apps over from the old phone. The Torch/Storm version of Patternlock works just fine. Except it's designed for the lower rez of the older phones. So, the functional part is in the upper left 2/3 of the screen. Everything works as intended, just smaller. Looks dorky, but works fine.
    Exactly......I'm using it till the os7/Torch app gets updated......kraski, waz up man!!!

08-25-11 09:38 PM
    Exactly......I'm using it till the os7/Torch app gets updated......kraski, waz up man!!!

Enjoying my 9810. Works a whole lot better than my series of 9800s did.
    08-25-11 09:40 PM
    Enjoying my 9810. Works a whole lot better than my series of 9800s did.
    Agreed.....this is what the 9800 should have been.
    Now RIM has the green light to "put the hammer down"

08-25-11 09:43 PM
    I'm looking forward to a PatternLock update as well. For now, I'm using QuickSlide.
    08-25-11 10:13 PM
    [QUOTE]If you are upgrading from the 9800, just move your apps over from the old phone./QUOTE]

I'm not sure I know how to do that! :::gets red faced:::
    08-26-11 09:47 PM
    How does one "sideload" an existing app on their 9800 to their 9810?
    08-31-11 11:18 PM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD