So I have a DroidX which I HATE. It is constantly crashing and restarting on me for no reason. I have only had it for 4 months so I do not qualify for a discounted price on this phone and would have to pay $509, which I obviously don't want to pay. Would there be ANY way to get it cheaper?
    08-22-11 01:45 PM
    Purchase it from someone who wants to sell theirs is proably the best way. I had the droid x and had the same issue I filed a complaint with the BBB and verizon lost and gave me a new fascinate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 01:51 PM
    You can sell your Droid X to offset some of the cost. Other than that you'll have to wait for the price drop.
    Get DroidX replaced by warranty or "accident" if it's insured. Get new DroidX in box. Sell "brand new DroidX in box" online. Put profits toward 9930.
    I like what Thomps says.

Hurt Motorola just a little bit before getting yourself a used 9930. (which should be fine)

Sarcasm in the above.

Take note, You may not get any benefits from the wwarenty if you happen to buy from another person.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 08-22-11 at 03:18 PM.
    08-22-11 01:57 PM
    Yeah I guess I could get a new DroidX and then sell it then buy the 9930. It is so frustrating. All I want is some sort of discount, it doesnt need to be a full discount, I just don't want to pay $500.

They are trying to get me to sign up with a whole new line on my contract so I can get the phone at the discounted price but that is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I am not looking to pay an extra $40 a month just to have this phone
    08-22-11 02:03 PM
    Now they are saying I could pay the early termination fee and get a whole new contract or just add a new line and cancel it within the 14 days and send the phone back... wtf? lol
    08-22-11 03:14 PM
    Get DroidX replaced by warranty or "accident" if it's insured. Get new DroidX in box. Sell "brand new DroidX in box" online. Put profits toward 9930.
    Yeah, dishonesty always pays!
    08-22-11 03:16 PM
    Go to the market place section of the forum, try a sale and/or a trade of the Droid X.
    08-22-11 03:19 PM
    Now they are saying I could pay the early termination fee and get a whole new contract or just add a new line and cancel it within the 14 days and send the phone back... wtf? lol
    You can pay the ETF and it ends your contract - but you will loose your current phone number as well. It may be cheaper doing it this way depending on what your ETF. ETF + device + tax =? Or buy device out right and sell what you have and you still have your number and 4 months closer to another upgrade.
    08-22-11 03:38 PM
    So I have a DroidX which I HATE. It is constantly crashing and restarting on me for no reason. I have only had it for 4 months so I do not qualify for a discounted price on this phone and would have to pay $509, which I obviously don't want to pay. Would there be ANY way to get it cheaper?
    Just an FYI for those who own the Droid X...

I have had mine for a while now, and at first it did give me a lot of problems with phantom restarts and crashing. After upgrading the OS to the newest version on Android (2.3.3 Gingerbread), I have had ZERO crashes or restarts. This may be something you should look into doing in the interim to make it a bit more usable. It could be something to do with certain apps and usage, but most likely it is because you are running an older OS, possibly a crappy version of Froyo or the like.

I HATE my Droid X as well though, and use my Tour more, but am seriously considering upgrading to the new Bold...
    08-22-11 04:08 PM

I have had mine for a while now, and at first it did give me a lot of problems with phantom restarts and crashing. After upgrading the OS to the newest version on Android (2.3.3 Gingerbread), I have had ZERO crashes or restarts. This may be something you should look into doing in the interim to make it a bit more usable. It could be something to do with certain apps and usage, but most likely it is because you are running an older OS, possibly a crappy version of Froyo or the like.

I HATE my Droid X as well though, and use my Tour more, but am seriously considering upgrading to the new Bold...
    I have totally whipped it clear and loaded everything back in. I have no special apps on it besides twitter and facebook and I am upgraded to whatever the newest Android is so I am not quite sure what to do. I wish I could just unlock my old Torch and use it but I cant
    08-22-11 04:31 PM

I've had the exact opposite experience. While on 2.2 (Froyo), I had zero problems with regards to random reboots and freezing. However, after upgrading to 2.3 (gingerbread), although the phone is faster than on 2.2, I have had more random reboots and freezes. Its really annoying when I have to do a battery pull because the whole phone will not respond to anything I do to it.

I am not happy about purchasing the 9930 for full price but I am self-employed and can write off that purchase =D
    08-22-11 04:33 PM
    I have totally whipped it clear and loaded everything back in. I have no special apps on it besides twitter and facebook and I am upgraded to whatever the newest Android is so I am not quite sure what to do. I wish I could just unlock my old Torch and use it but I cant
    Strange...I had a ton of issues with it out of the box, and after the upgrade to 2.3.3 there have been no rebooting issues. I just dont like typing on a virtual keyboard.

Do you know what OS you are running?
    08-22-11 04:52 PM
    I've had the exact opposite experience. While on 2.2 (Froyo), I had zero problems with regards to random reboots and freezing. However, after upgrading to 2.3 (gingerbread), although the phone is faster than on 2.2, I have had more random reboots and freezes. Its really annoying when I have to do a battery pull because the whole phone will not respond to anything I do to it.

I am not happy about purchasing the 9930 for full price but I am self-employed and can write off that purchase =D
    That is really odd. While running Froyo my X was useless. Now with Gingerbread it is still pretty useless, but at least it doesnt restart on me all the time

I think I will go order myself a 9930 today though. Seems like it will be a lot better for my use than my old Tour and this stupid smudge stick Droid.
    08-22-11 04:54 PM
    I am running on 2.3.3.

I HATE the keyboard too. The factory installed keyboard keeps crashing on me too which is just plain ridiculous. I STRONGLY despise this phone.
    08-22-11 05:31 PM
    I am running on 2.3.3.

I HATE the keyboard too. The factory installed keyboard keeps crashing on me too which is just plain ridiculous. I STRONGLY despise this phone.
    Yeah, I feel your pain. I always use the virtual keyboard in portrait since coming from a long use of Blackberry's I am used to typing that way, and it BLOWS. Every so often I have to go into the app management and reset the keyboard so that it works correctly again.

Anyway, seeing that you have 2.3.3, it could be a bad system version. I did the official upgrade to Gingerbread, then found it was crap and went back to the "leaked" GB version number 4.5.588 and have now restart issues at all. Could be that...
    08-23-11 06:35 PM
    I am really not too sure what it is, and I honestly do not care I am that over it. Haha. I am just waiting until I am settled into my new semester and make sure I have everything I need before I go and buy this or the new Curve if it is out.
    08-23-11 06:41 PM
    Haha, good choice. As soon as I get my 9930 shipped to me, I will be tossing this Droid into the Pacific Ocean. Well, maybe not...I will probably sell it too someone who likes smudge sticks.
    Last edited by graspDESIGN; 08-23-11 at 06:52 PM.
    08-23-11 06:49 PM
    HAhaha the smudges are horrible and so is the battery! I am lucky to get 6 hours lol. I was so dumb to think I would like this instead of a Blackberry! lol
    08-23-11 06:50 PM
    The funny thing about battery for my X is that I dont think I have ever really found out how long it would last. I am a HEAVY user of all the phones i have had, so I usually get chargers for home, office and car just in case. I KNOW for a fact that I plugged my BB's in way less and they lasted quite a long time, but with the X, I keep this thing plugged in any time I am near a charger just to be safe haha.

Honestly though, I love the build of the X regarding how solid it feels, and the soft touch metal casing. I just still haven't been impressed enough by Android to stick with it full-time.
    08-23-11 06:56 PM
    HAhaha the smudges are horrible and so is the battery! I am lucky to get 6 hours lol. I was so dumb to think I would like this instead of a Blackberry! lol
    I got a Droid 3 last month because I wanted to try something new. Big mistake.... couldn't believe the amount of bloatware that you couldn't even uninstall. I got 6 hours max on the battery. Luckily since it's a new device I got $350 for it on Ebay but I had a ton of accessories. It offset a lot of $509 cost. My fiance is waiting for the new Curve. She has the old one at the moment.
    08-23-11 07:00 PM
    I am a pretty heavy user as well and it seems ever since Gingerbread came out my battery has gone down the toilet, or so it seems. I have it constantly plugged into my computer to charge it. Oh well, another 2 weeks and I wont have to deal with it anymore.
    08-23-11 07:02 PM
    I got a Droid 3 last month because I wanted to try something new. Big mistake.... couldn't believe the amount of bloatware that you couldn't even uninstall. I got 6 hours max on the battery. Luckily since it's a new device I got $350 for it on Ebay but I had a ton of accessories. It offset a lot of $509 cost. My fiance is waiting for the new Curve. She has the old one at the moment.
    Yeah I kept hearing such amazing things about Droids and how amazing the DroidX is, so when I made the move from AT&T and my beloved Torch, I figured I would try it out, biiiiig mistake as well. I am leaning towards the new Curve just because I am a student and I dont really need the "higher end" and I keep hearing it will be cheaper. All I do is text/bbm, the occasional call, and tweet haha
    08-23-11 07:06 PM
    2 weeks is going to feel like a lifetime...

I'm hoping I get mine in a day or so. Shipping to Hawaii always sucks.
    08-23-11 07:06 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD