Ok....I'm being taken to webpages after I do a google search and as I scroll my cursor over the results on google, the cursor opens up certain web pages (wikipedia, etc) and it takes me to that webpage...even though I don't click on them!!!

Anyone else having this trouble?
    08-22-11 08:38 AM
    Yep, mine does that.... I think I've read that it's an OS issue?
    08-22-11 08:48 AM
    Sounds like an eventual update will solve it....its not a deal breaker for me to return. But, I would like it fixed...
    08-22-11 08:50 AM
    I thought perhaps it was just me..I have tried to lowere the sensitivity of the track pad but I think only the rate of up-down and sideways can be adjusted. if you can lessen the sensitivity of track pad.....I would like to know how to do it. I am constantely opening 'things' I am scrolling thru
    08-22-11 08:56 AM
    I hope they fix this issue quickly, its annoying.
    08-22-11 09:01 AM
    Happened to me on 296 but not on 317
    08-22-11 09:09 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think you may be inadvertenly selecting items at the bottom of the screen when using the pad. You can test it by covering over with thick tape the bottom of the screen and then try the trackpad. In my case this test proved that it was user error. The bottom of the screen is really sensitive.

bobj66 likes this.
    08-22-11 09:13 AM
    I'm constantly doing this on the PlayBook and haven't figured a way around it yet, other than being really bareful bout where I touch the screen to scroll. Doesn't seem to happen too much on the Torch ... although that could be because I hardly ever browse on it any more!

08-22-11 09:26 AM
    Yes I am having that problem too.
    08-22-11 09:33 AM
    This is an issue of the combination of a trackpad with a very close touch screen. when you are swiping the trackpad you are accidentally hitting the touchscreen. This used to happen to me when I would use people's Torch. Get used to not overtracking up and you will be fine.
    08-22-11 09:43 AM
    The Torch didn't do it as it isn't as sensitive at the bottom of the screen. For all of the Torch's problems, this was not one of them.
    08-22-11 09:43 AM
    I think you may be inadvertenly selecting items at the bottom of the screen when using the pad. You can test it by covering over with thick tape the bottom of the screen and then try the trackpad. In my case this test proved that it was user error. The bottom of the screen is really sensitive.

You know what...I think you might be right!!! I just made a conscience effort and it didn't open things like that....

THANK YOU!!!
    08-25-11 05:37 PM
    Good news. .353 fixed the sensitivity on the bottom of the screen. No more wild link selections.
    08-26-11 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD