When someone sends me a message, I am not getting notified. I have to open up the app and wait for it to load. I have deleted, installed it again, wiped device and upgraded to 2.0.0.45 facebook and STILL not getting notified.
    I get notified for wall posts, comments on my status, etc.. Just not messages.
    I have cleared caches, clicked everything and done everything. This just started last week with my 9900. Maybe it is OS7?

Anyone else have this?
    08-22-11 08:29 AM
    Try searching the apps forums for an answer

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-apps-f152/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-22-11 at 09:23 AM.
    08-22-11 08:34 AM
    I feel like it is for a very annoying reason.

On the day that FaceBook 2.0 was released, the notifications was fine.
    the day after however, facebook decided to change how messages work. They made them and chat mix together and now.. well. we have to deal with this.
    brava27 likes this.
    08-22-11 08:37 AM
    Try searching the apps forums for an answer

http://forums.crackberry.com/native-apps-f152/
    More traffic in this forum group, maybe I will get a quicker response. Someone with the same problem perhaps.
    08-22-11 09:06 AM
    More traffic in this forum group, maybe I will get a quicker response. Someone with the same problem perhaps.
    Try taking your own advice

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!
    08-22-11 09:22 AM
    This is a new problem, not re-occurring. I would like you to search and find an answer because this has never happened before. Good luck grumpy
    08-22-11 09:32 AM
    It's not a new problem; it's been posted before.
    08-22-11 09:38 AM
    Calm down. At least he didn't post it in like 5 different forums.

And plus look! Your post count just went up by 2!

Celebrate!!!1!!1one!!
    08-22-11 10:36 AM
    I've seen it posted before, its happened to my phone as well as other peoples my problem fixed on its own after a weekend of it not working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 10:47 AM
    I've seen it posted before.....
    08-22-11 10:51 AM
    I deleted my facebook to re-install and it still goes to error when downloading it. very annoying.
    08-22-11 11:40 AM
    Ughhhhh anyone?
    08-24-11 07:24 AM
    I've been having this issue for the past few weeks. I'm using FB v2.0.0.45. I've cleared the cache, nothing. Uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing.

I searched the native app forum, nothing.

Did anyone find out what's up with this and is there a fix yet?

Cheers guys.
    09-03-11 02:04 PM
    It's not a new problem; it's been posted before.
    Well then maybe you know the answer since you're so smart. Instead of being a ****** why not just help? Oh because you're full of brown stuff and just trying to raise your post count... you haven't seen anything before.

I have the same problem with facebook messaging... and I got here by USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION. Obviously since this forum is full of @sswipes like you, I wont be finding the answer here.

Sorry I know this was not nice but it had to be said... don't ban me over one angry post.
    will1881 likes this.
    09-07-11 02:28 AM
    Hi all, I found in the forums a quick workaround for this issue, and being this the fist post on google when you search for the problem I decided to share it.

The fix is simple. Log off Facebook, restart your blackberry and log on again. This will fix the messages problem, it worked for me

Cheers, to all

BB Torch 9800 6.0.0.706
    Last edited by jevalladares; 12-17-11 at 09:09 AM.
    12-17-11 09:07 AM
    I do believe is a matter of Facebook.
    As you all know, they changed the interface including the Friends category. Now you have Close Friends, Acquaintances, bla bla. On top right of different categories you have Notifications. There should be the problem.
    12-17-11 10:38 AM
    Hi all, I found in the forums a quick workaround for this issue, and being this the fist post on google when you search for the problem I decided to share it.

The fix is simple. Log off Facebook, restart your blackberry and log on again. This will fix the messages problem, it worked for me

Cheers, to all

BB Torch 9800 6.0.0.706
    I've treid that before and yes, they do come through on the initial log on but then as new messages come in nothing happens and no notifications come through so it's back to square 1.

About time RIM pulled thier fingers out and gave us a Facebook app that does what it's supposed to do. It's still missing page admin support and groups but even the bog standard messages don't actually work.
    12-20-11 02:17 PM
    Exact same problem I'm having, my BB is an older curve 8530 so I thought it was the phone perhaps. It's VERY annoying having someone send a message and then never receive it until I use my computer at home. I'll try the log-off then reboot, never logged off before, guess it won't hurt to try.

Also seeking answers as to why my Ebay app is telling me I must have BB messenger to use it, and even after installing messenger it still doesn't function and I get no auction notifications, but I'm on the search elsewhere for that answer...
    12-21-11 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD