Maybe im slow..

But i cannot for the life of me program Quicklaunch to open up an "Compose SMS" screen !! im going nuts!
    08-22-11 12:29 AM
    Omg how effen funny.

I just tested to see if I could do that and the flashing screen escape bug happens after you choose the shortcut in the CL menu for compose SMS.

I should video all these bugs so ya'll don't think I'm a hairy troll.

So many bugs. But whatever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 12:48 AM
    Hmmm, I never tried to initiate a general text from QL before - only texts to specific people (which work fine). Figured I'd just try it for the heck of it.

Using Default Launch it pops open a white screen which disappears instantly.

Using Alternate Launch 1 or 2, it does nothing.

Again, individual shortcuts to texts to specific people works fine.

Maybe try to email them - they got back to me pretty quickly earlier today when I asked about the camera mute.

Good luck (now I'm curious...)
    08-22-11 12:49 AM

08-22-11 12:51 AM
    Ok, thank god. Cuz I was about to go ape s**t. So I'm not crazy. Or dumb. Phew.

08-22-11 12:53 AM
    It does open a blank sms msg after the flashing screen bug goes to Home, then u open up messages and see a blank green sms waiting to be clicked on for editing.

It works but the flash screen is epic.

08-22-11 12:53 AM
    Can u guys try QSMS for me ?? I truly love that app and so do a lot of other people. But that darn thing just wouldn't work.it opens up an empty text in the SMS inbox in the background!

The app is OTA. It'll take you 2 seconds

08-22-11 12:56 AM
    I also get the flash. Am running .340. Never used it for Compose SMS, always set it for specific contacts.
    08-22-11 01:03 AM
    To be honest, from the time I had created this thread till now, I have in fact discovered/settled on the most convenient efficient way in composing a text. So I don't even care anymore. I feel stupid paying 4bux this damn app. Can't really think of anything I would wana launch ina quickness.

08-22-11 01:33 AM
    it's a bug. fixed it earlier today. fix will be released soon. as i mentioned in several threads there will be some bugs in this version because of the new os and if you find any to notify me at support. apparently you didnt read that.
    also if you would have contacted support when u found the issue then it would have been fixed and the fix would have been released already and everyone would have benefited. but if you prefer to just start a new thread and call yourself stupid for paying 4bux for this damn app then that's cool too.

welcome to cb noob
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 08-22-11 at 02:23 AM.
    bighap, JHopdevil and rafiks like this.
    08-22-11 02:12 AM
    QL is an awesome app, extremely helpful. I use it constantly to do many many things that would normally take more steps to accomplish. As an simple example, I can access my Contacts from any screen or while using any app with just two "clicks", one to bring up QL, next to open Contacts.

Haven't upgraded to the 9930 yet, but glad to know that QL will be available when I do get one

Last edited by Craterz; 08-22-11 at 06:18 AM.
    08-22-11 02:22 AM
    opening an app or shortcut from any screen from QL is undoubtedly quicker and more convenient than what you've probably settled on.
    08-22-11 02:25 AM
    i need to get back on a blackberry just to use QL again
    08-22-11 02:46 AM
    Wow, tech support for QL calling people n00bs.

What a tool. Classy.

Waste of $4 for sure. Won't ever give you fools a dime again Cranky Cheetah Troll.

Last edited by lazerus; 08-22-11 at 06:06 AM.
    08-22-11 06:03 AM
    lazerus, seriously, ur so annoying xD
    ur just a troll

just switch over to android, windows or iphone, i dont care, but your posts are horrible
    CheetahAce likes this.
    08-22-11 06:51 AM
    You are ******** lazerus. Get out of here.

08-22-11 06:51 AM
    CheetahAce may sound harsh at time, but considering the amount of emails he gets and responds to, you have to excuse him.

I have had very good experience with this app and cannot do without it. It makes using your BB so much easier.

I have reported the Bluetooth Toggle bug to him and he fixed it within 1 day.

You can't expect a bug to be fixed if you don't inform the developer. OS 7 is new, so don't blame the app, give it time till QL is polished up to properly work on OS 7.

So far everything is working perfectly for me after the upgrade to QuickLaunch v3.8.2

Let us help, by reporting the bugs rather than saying "I wasted $4 bucks on this stupid app". it is in no way stupid.
    08-22-11 07:12 AM
    Well, the guy did only have 7 posts when Cheetah responded, so technically "noob" is accurate. And seriously, if the noob can't see the utility of being able to access any app with 2 clicks instead of drilling down through menus & submenus (depending on where the app is), then he probably isn't qualified to text, much less judge how much value there is to a particular piece of software.

I paid $4 for this app, and after trying it for less than 5 minutes immediately deleted "One Touch Launcher". Quick Launch does so much more, is far more customizable, and simply has a more "polished", professional feel to it. I was able to delete a couple separate apps that I still needed with OTL (one touch SMS & quick pull), I was able to add apps to the list that OTL didn't include, I can rearrange the order in which apps are listed in the menu which OTL won't do, I can adjust the menu color, background, and font size, so my older eyes can see it clearly...the list of benefits just goes on and on.

And the BEST part, in my opinion, is that Cheetah actually responds to emails & fixes bugs! Jaredco hasn't updated OTL to work with OS6 (their menu still shows "SMS" & "MMS", and doesn't work with "Text Messages" in OS6), despite OS6 being out for over a year! If they choose to answer an email, they say they're going to fix it sometime later this year. Well, they're now TWO OS's behind and still no fix. Cheetah was notified of an issue/needed update and fixed it so the app works with the latest OS, plus he answered the guy's email in a timely fashion!

OK, off my soapbox and /end rant. I don't know Cheetah, don't work for him/her, and don't make any money on the sales of their app. I'm just an end user who appreciates their product & customer service after having experienced lesser products & CS from others. And if Cheetah wants to get a little pissy with someone who posts a stupid comment about shyt they don't understand, then power to him/her!
    08-22-11 07:16 AM
    I think there is something wrong with me cause I do not know how to set it up. Any step by step instructions , please ? I just got always Add Item screen What am I doing wrong ?
    08-22-11 11:28 AM
    Run QuickLaunch
    Hit Menu Key
    Select Add Item
    Choose Item type
    Hit Escape to Save
    Repeat
    08-22-11 12:16 PM
    Been w/ QL since its inception...couldn't imagine BB life without it...just discovered this 'issue' this morning, and first place I checked was here to see if there was a mention/solution for it...simultaneously, I was pulling up the NikkiSoft site so I could email support if I needed to...trouble-shooting 101, folks...but, might be too much to expect the n00b tr0lls to know/do that, huh?

Keep up the good work, Ace!
    08-22-11 12:51 PM
    QL is a great app. I actually just bought it this morning. I set up my main contacts for calls and SMS and a few apps. It's awesome! I have bought a few apps that I didn't use with my Tour, Storm or Pearl and wish I had. QL is one of them.
    08-22-11 03:26 PM
    Run QuickLaunch
    Hit Menu Key
    Select Add Item
    Choose Item type
    Hit Escape to Save
    Repeat

Thank you. Got it

08-22-11 03:58 PM
    Just got QL also and I like it. I haven't been able to get the Options Sub Menu to work (trying to set up for Date/Time because I switch time zones a lot) but whatever, not a huge deal. IMO it is worth it just for compose email and SMS and quick compose to top contacts (like my wife). I also put in some websites I visit a lot and it is cool that it has Opera Mini support though Opera's latest browser doesn't really support the 9930 (no pinching, etc.) and the BB browser is better (for the first time).

One suggestion -- it would be cool if I could clone my QL icon. Like maybe have one QL icon for phone/email commands, one for top apps I use, and one for websites. Something like that. Honestly I could get everything I ever use into about 4 QL icons, dump every other program on my BB into a folder and never have to scroll on my home screen again.

Another thing about QL -- it seems like old versions supported the silent function for the camera shutter. Wish they'd bring that back, the camera is way too loud IMO. It might be worth $4 just for that functionality.
    08-22-11 07:05 PM
    BTW I just downloaded the latest version of QL (3.8.3) and the Compose SMS launcher still doesn't work -- so I don't think the bug was fixed. And yes I did a full reboot, etc.

It works if I choose a person for my SMS but the generic "Compose SMS" just brings up a white screen and then the QL menu closes.
    Last edited by dcnats; 08-22-11 at 07:40 PM.
    08-22-11 07:37 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD