Hello everyone. So I dropped my Torch and a piece of the plastic on top chipped off (I know I shouldve had a case on), so I was thinking of purchasing some model paint to try to cover up the chipped spot. Is this a good idea? If so, what colour of model paint shoul I choose? I assume it's a gun metal grey, but is there a specific gun metal grey for the Torch 9800? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 10:51 PM
    It might be cleaner and easier to purchase a replacement bezel instead of trying to match color and then adding a clear coat. However, if you do end up doing it yourself please be sure to share now you matched it and what method you used to paint it. I would be really interested in seeing that.

TarekElsakka likes this.
    08-21-11 11:54 PM
    I'd recommend replacing the bezel.
    08-22-11 12:14 AM
    Put a case on it and forget about it. Replacing a bezel is not that easy on a torch.
    08-22-11 06:45 AM
    I agree with the answers so far.

Plus, the Torch's bezel trim is not "painted". Certainly not in a way you can match. It's a plated dark chrome finish. No "paint", model or otherwise, will ever look right because you can't get the same mirrored finish from it.

08-22-11 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD