Anyone had any luck in locating the OEM Blackberry spare battery charger for the 9900 /9300? I found the one for M-1 battery but not sure if the JM-1 battery would work in that one? Help ! Anyone?

Mike
    08-21-11 10:45 PM
    The battery charger is the same in all the micro USB BlackBerry smartphones..

Only the PlayBook super charges then(charges them super fast)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:48 PM
    I think me means a charger that holds only a battery, so that you can charge a spare.
    08-21-11 11:49 PM
    you talking about this?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=arSr2zRc

i'll definitely need this when i get my 9900, i just have to find a shop which has this and ships to europe
    mssca, JUSTQUAN2 and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-22-11 04:43 AM
    Yes I am speaking of the EXTERNAL box type battery charger that charges a spare battery. I need one asap !
    08-22-11 07:09 AM
    I could use one of these myself, that's a great find. Kudos to you. I was able to get a second battery with my purchase, so I'm pretty amped up for one of these chargers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 07:19 AM
    glad i could help : )

yea, definitely need one of those as well, that battery is so small and light, you can easily put a spare one in your pocket or your wallet and never have to worry about battery life again

just wish the 9900 would get released over here already
    probably mid september : /
    08-22-11 08:07 AM
    i would be advisable to have one.
    08-22-11 08:47 AM
    I've been looking and have posted on this forum about this. I actually bought one off eBay along with a spare battery and definitely regret it -- just opened it and while the battery may be OEM (but made in Korea for Asian phones?) the external charger the guy sent me was total b.s. It says RIM and for M-series batteries but it clearly is for older batteries and won't fit my phone and doesn't even have a micro USB plugin. So now I have 2 batteries which is basically worthless without an external battery-only charger.
    08-22-11 09:04 AM
    Dcnats which vendor did you by it from. That would help less people to get sucked in.
    08-22-11 10:31 AM
    Best-4-wireless from Airmont, NY

I figured out exactly what happened. The charger he sent me was for "M Series" batteries but the 9930/9900 battery is "J Series" (J-M1). Probably an honest mistake. But the spare battery is completely useless without an external charger (at least for my purposes) so I'm returning it all. Nobody is selling the external charger from what I've seen, even the RIM store is out of stock (if they ever had it, I don't think they did).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
    08-22-11 11:13 AM
    I've been watching the accessories since they were posted - I don't think they've had a stock of them, yet. If they did, it sold out really quick.

I would imagine we'll be seeing these shortly...hopefully CB gets them in, as well. With how thin these batteries are, it only makes sense to carry an extra one around...
    08-22-11 12:54 PM
    Best-4-wireless from Airmont, NY

I figured out exactly what happened. The charger he sent me was for "M Series" batteries but the 9930/9900 battery is "J Series" (J-M1). Probably an honest mistake. But the spare battery is completely useless without an external charger (at least for my purposes) so I'm returning it all. Nobody is selling the external charger from what I've seen, even the RIM store is out of stock (if they ever had it, I don't think they did).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
    I bought the same one from the same ebay seller. Mine is actually labeled Bold 9000 charger, but the auction said 9900. He hasn't responded to my emails on ebay to return it...
    08-23-11 03:09 PM
    Crackberry Canada store has them in stock. I ordered mine on the weekend and its already shipped out

battery, charger & Y cable combo: BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9900/9930, Torch 9850/9860 - CrackBerry Canada
    They raised the price $10 since I ordered though. I pad $59.95, now it's $69.95
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-23-11 03:21 PM
    Got mine in the mail today
    Lucky you live in the same city as the store ships from. When did you order?
    I'm on the other side of the country... I paid the extra $5 for 5-8 day shipping so hopefully I get mine this week
    08-23-11 06:19 PM
    I bought the same one from the same ebay seller. Mine is actually labeled Bold 9000 charger, but the auction said 9900. He hasn't responded to my emails on ebay to return it...
    I would also avoid buying from any website or seller in the same general area (Rockland County, NY). I found a website selling battery-only wall chargers for the 9900 but I suspect they won't work properly. Why? Well for one, they say the chargers also work for several other models but I don't think the 9930/9900 battery has ever been used before. And second, they are 2 minutes from Airmont -- Monsey. There is a large Hassidic population in that area and I'm thinking this is not unlike the digital camera business which is run by Hassidic Jews in Brooklyn (and they are all crooks playing an accessory scam, cheap camera and way overpriced accessories -- can't get the camera unless you buy accessories). Maybe these sellers are making an honest mistake, but I find it unlikely that the only external chargers for this battery are all located in this county. And having dealt with these people I can tell you they are bad news. The real American Taliban. (And yes I am Jewish so nothing against the religion in general, just the Hassidic which are basically scum of the earth).
    08-24-11 08:53 AM
    Ordered Friday night. ... To be honest, I didn't know where the CrackBerry CA store was - I thought it was in TO or Vancouver actually...

Good to know they're off the island of Mtl on the south shore. But I don't think I'll go there for fear of crossing our crumbling bridges..
    I didn't know it was there either until I ordered and saw it was picked up and processed in montreal...

I paid for the quicker shipping, and 3-4 days later Canada Post still says "Item processed at postal facility" in Montreal
    08-25-11 03:55 AM
    I love how it looks
    08-26-11 11:24 PM
    It looks the same as the previous versions for other batteries. I am annoyed Crackberry Canada won't ship to US -- why not? Ugh, nobody has this charger in the US and really might be weeks for months for all I can tell. FYI I've now seen 3 different addresses from the seller that sold me my false charger -- bottom line is don't buy anything from any seller (ebay or website) in Rockland County.

Would love a reputable website to actually have this item.
    08-27-11 08:21 PM
    Verizon had a good price on the spare battery online and i got it as well as the desktop cradle. without the battery charger it is a bit of a pain to keep it charged. Dont know why they wouldnt have the accessories available at time of launch.
    08-27-11 08:53 PM
    If you pay what it costs I'm sure there are CB members in Canada to ship it to you.
    08-27-11 09:05 PM
    I have still not found the external charger other than Canada and no one will seel me one from there. Wierd they have the charger there but none in USA. Whats the hold up RIM?
    08-29-11 07:53 AM
    I am not sure where you all are looking but I have gotten 4 good hits off Google searching for the product number. RIM is out of stock. Most large online retailers will have the unit on September 1st. For those in the UK, I am fairly certain that Mobilefun.co.uk has em in stock, or did last week.

For those that live in the US, you guys should be seeing some love at the end of the week. Most sites already list it (like UK's expansys, but is not shipping until October 1st!!!)

Desktop Chargers for cell phones :: AftermarketCellular.com
    08-29-11 08:11 AM
    you talking about this?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=0Zj6srP9

i'll definitely need this when i get my 9900, i just have to find a shop which has this and ships to europe
    I ordered one today from Expansys France and it's supposed to ship in 7 days plus 2 days delivery time. Expansys Germany says the same thing - BlackBerry JM-1 Batterie mit Ladeger�t Bundel (J-Serie, Y-Kabel , J-M1 Batterie) #ACC-38580-201 - Expansys Deutsche
    08-29-11 10:04 AM
    I called multiple vendors yesterday (August 29th) and no one still has any idea on when the USA will have the JM-1 charging bundle in stock. Anyone in Canada that wants to pick on up for me and I will pay you via Pay Pal. Email at [email protected] if you can help me out.
    08-30-11 08:10 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD