I've been using BB for years and I want to feel something different. I am waiting for the iPhone 5 to be released in a little more than a month or so, but i am not sure if the iphone 5 will have all the email features like the BB does. I do production support, so, customizable email alert is extremely important.
    The current pricing on the Torch 9810 is so attractive ($49).

I like almost everything about the BB, but there are a few apps that I use and BB don't have it, like: app for my Yamaha AV receiver, Pandora...etc.

Current 8910 owners, what kind of apps are you using? how do you like your BB? Why?

Thanks for your input.
    08-21-11 10:43 PM
    I just purchased the 9810 this morning and it still feels like a blackberry to me. My iPhone 4 still is in a class of it's own, but RIM has closed the gap a little.

I chose to upgrade and try it out for few days. Then I haven't lost anything, and I could decide if it was worth keeping or waiting for future phones. Right now, if presssed, I would say to just wait for the iPhone 5.
    08-21-11 11:28 PM
    I think it will depend upon what is more important. The ease of email handling or the apps/access to apps.

in my case, it's all about email and other communications, and the only apps I use are generic productivity/info (weather, traffic, mapping) and games.
    08-21-11 11:31 PM
    if you can i will get both, but if your serious about emails and your privacy bb is the way to go if not iphone 5 it is. also if you use sertin apps take a look at that, most of my apps are bb and iphone, one app i always use thats better on the bb than the iphone but all my main apps are bb related compare to the iphone. its a great phone by the way. but its just a machine that does the same thing differently.
    08-21-11 11:45 PM
    I have the four and after a 2 year blackberry hiatus(went to iPhone) I'm back with the new torch trying it out. I figured for 49.99 it couldn't hurt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 11:47 PM
    I have the four and after a 2 year blackberry hiatus(went to iPhone) I'm back with the new torch trying it out. I figured for 49.99 it couldn't hurt.

I am doing exactly the same thing. 50.00 is nothing for me to try the phone out and see it first hand. What are your thoughts so far?
    08-21-11 11:54 PM
    Yes, $50 is nothing. But, if I upgrade to the Torch now, I won't have a chance to choose the iPhone 5 or I'll have to wait for another 1 yr and 1/2 to be eligible to upgrade again :-). The BB deal might not last long enough until the iPhone 5 is released

Yes, I had iPhone 4 before and went back to BB just because the iPhone didn't have the e-mail alert features on the BB. If the iPhone 5 has all the e-mail alert features, then it has everything I need. Otherwise, can't go wrong with the BB Torch 9810 deal for $50.

Tough decision heh?
    Last edited by sqa4life; 08-22-11 at 12:09 AM.
    08-22-11 12:06 AM
    I am doing exactly the same thing. 50.00 is nothing for me to try the phone out and see it first hand. What are your thoughts so far?
    So car I'm liking it I think. I've been with iPhone for a longntime now and having to relearn bb stuff is not so fun lol. I'm very intrigued by the 9810 I was sure I would wait for the 9900 but it's a pretty damn awesome phone so far. I've messed with the basics and it's worked flawlessly so far. Super fast and very comparable to iPhone.

08-22-11 05:43 AM
    I just purchased the 9810 this morning and it still feels like a blackberry to me. My iPhone 4 still is in a class of it's own, but RIM has closed the gap a little.

I chose to upgrade and try it out for few days. Then I haven't lost anything, and I could decide if it was worth keeping or waiting for future phones. Right now, if presssed, I would say to just wait for the iPhone 5.
    When you say that the iPhone 4 is "in a class of its own", do you mean that it doesn't feel like an iPhone to you?

What about it stands above the rest to you?
    08-22-11 09:31 AM
    Get the torch for all your smartphone needs and should you feel the need for the only real advantage, then get an iPod touch for you entertainment and/or app needs.
    08-22-11 09:33 AM
    I've been using BB for years and I want to feel something different. I am waiting for the iPhone 5 to be released in a little more than a month or so, but i am not sure if the iphone 5 will have all the email features like the BB does. I do production support, so, customizable email alert is extremely important.
    The current pricing on the Torch 9810 is so attractive ($49).

I like almost everything about the BB, but there are a few apps that I use and BB don't have it, like: app for my Yamaha AV receiver, Pandora...etc.

Current 8910 owners, what kind of apps are you using? how do you like your BB? Why?

Thanks for your input.
    The iPhone 5 is sure not to disappoint. And notifications with iOS5 & the i5 rival BlackBerry's.
    That said, BlackBerry's are notorious for their notifications & email. Both are good at different things. It basically comes down to which one is best for YOU.
    08-22-11 10:42 AM
    Just my opinion...customization potential will still favor RIM.
    mesnewberry likes this.
    08-22-11 12:02 PM
    Just my opinion...customization potential will still favor RIM.
    Agreed 110%. The walled garden of iOS is good for some things bad for others. BlackBerry most certainly has a leg up in this regard and I imagine will for some time.
    08-22-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD