Everything had gone swimmingly after getting my new 9810 from the AT&T store today -- device switch wizard ran flawlessly (device data only), I re-installed apps from App World (often with a dozen at a time being downloaded -- never could do THAT with the 9800!), and then when I was waiting for email from Bellshare transferring my Berry Weather activation code to my new device, I noticed it was taking a long time.

I sent myself a test email from one account to the other and got the red clock next to the sent email. I then went into Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account and got the following message: "Your device had a problem connecting to the server." Repeated retries get the same thing.

So I'm not getting email and am incapable of sending it. (I also have BES, but I won't be able to do an enterprise activation until IT is available tommorow; that should have nothing to do with not getting any BIS service.) Anyone else experiencing this who knows what's the dillio?
    08-21-11 12:27 PM
    Go to setup and click email accounts
    08-21-11 12:30 PM
    Yep. Just re-add the accounts. Had this issue before. Not a bid deal.
    08-21-11 12:39 PM
    Did either of you read what I wrote? Meaning this part, emboldened for emphasis:

I then went into Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account and got the following message: "Your device had a problem connecting to the server." Repeated retries get the same thing.
    Evidently not.

Anybody else? Anybody? Buehler?
    08-21-11 02:10 PM
    Are you able to access your BIS email account from the online website from a computer? Did at&t mess with your data plan?
    08-21-11 02:26 PM
    same prob here... on phone with tech support....
    08-21-11 02:27 PM
    Are you able to access your BIS email account from the online website from a computer?
    yes but cant do device switch
    08-21-11 02:28 PM
    There appears to be problems with the 9810 especially if you had unlimited data. I was told in the store all was well but when I got home found out my data had been completely deleted. I have been on with ATT x 2 so far today and I am checking now to see if it's finally fixed. Sounds like you are having the same problems I had I couldn't even access the ATT BIS site since my data had been deleted.
    08-21-11 02:29 PM
    08-21-11 02:29 PM
    yes but cant do device switch
    uh-oh...........sounds like an at&t launch problem! Report back what at&t says.
    08-21-11 02:30 PM
    The tech this time told me that the 9810 was not permissioned for unlimited data and his supervisor was having a difficult time adding it. I am not sure what they did but this time it worked. I would call customer service on the home line and not leave until it's done, it's apparently not easy to do and the first rep I got did not get it done.
    08-21-11 02:37 PM
    Wow! Same problem here. I was in to AT&T twice and still don't have it working.
    08-21-11 02:40 PM
    Just started working on one of the 2 lines...
    08-21-11 02:53 PM
    I ran into the same thing, but a call to CS fixed it. Apparently, the BB 9810 is provisioned as a 4G device and the switch has to be made by CS for those moving from a 3G device to the 9810. And yes....you can keep your unlimited data if you already have it.
    08-21-11 02:56 PM
    I am having the same issue with my gmail accountm it won't connect.
    08-21-11 03:16 PM
    Same issue, somehow the 200mb data plan was erased from my account, CS put it back on and everything is a go!
    08-21-11 04:10 PM
    Add me to the list. Couldn't set up any internet email without a call to CS. When I went into Setup then Email it took me right to enterprise activation. No options for internet email. Checked the service status and BIS was NOT connected. After talking with CS, they were about to send me to next level tech support, I asked if my account showed the blackberry data plan. It didn't. And I was on the 200 MB plan. It appears they are not transferring over. All is well now after they added the plan back in.
    08-21-11 04:54 PM
    Lol. Add me to the list. Stopped by this morning and everything seemed to go smooth. Went to eat and set email up and noticed BES option only. Went back and he clicked some keys on his computer, and everything looks good to go. Never did say what the problem was, but it's all set-up now.
    08-21-11 05:02 PM
    Wow! Hopefully at&t checks this and resolves the problem as a lot of users would blame the phone! Good to hear a lot of you got it fixed with CS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 05:07 PM
    End of my story: The CS rep told me that I didn't have a data plan -- I said I not only had an unlimited BES plan, but I was also grandfathered into the unlimited part. She tried to tell me that you automatically lose unlimited when upgrading, which I said couldn't be possible because I had kept it when I went from the 9000 to the 9800 last year. In any event, she told me she was letting me keep the unlimited plan (why, thank you!), she provisioned me for Faux G, and after I still wasn't getting email and was still getting "can't connect to server" messages from email setup, I had to tell HER that the way to do it was to go to the BIS website and take care of it from there. Which I did and all is well. But apparently first someone has to flip a switch at AT&T before you can do that.
    08-21-11 07:39 PM
    I just got mine and had the same problems. It seems the removed my unlimited data (GGRRR) but after adding my browsers won't work.
    08-24-11 01:04 PM
    My upgrade was painless. All my emails, etc. were still there. Rep told me that they weren't going to mess with my unlimited data plan. How do I verify this?
    08-24-11 04:54 PM
    they switched my data plan off of unlimited.. got to call them back!
    08-24-11 05:01 PM
    I had a problem getting BIS to show up. I went to options, advanced, host routing table and resent registration. Everything worked after that. Had to do the same thing after I changed the OS.
    08-24-11 06:24 PM
    Same BS boat here too.

Been on Blackberry Enterprise Unlimited data since 2007 and I now have a pay-per-use data plan that's not even working.

The funny thing is when I call CS and tell the rep the name of the plan they finish my statment by saying the $45 plan, YES!! I don't even need to tell them that. It's comical knowing that they say everything will stay the same and it obviously doesn't. I even asked the rep in the store before I left, have unlimited, no change right? Right.

On phone second time tonight, hopefully they'll fix it.

I'm trying to be paitent here cause I never have issues with AT&T, only seems to occur when a device change takes place (upgrade/add line/etc).

Every other day things are just dandy, coverage, calls....

UPDATE: Same as all others, CS rep got a manager to approve the reinstatement of the unlimited plan.
    Last edited by slideaway; 08-25-11 at 11:00 AM. Reason: update
    08-24-11 08:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD