Hi,

Is everyone else out there having trouble with the piece of SH*T mp3 software media player that come's on the BlackBerry ?!!

God I freaking hate it !!

When you want to turn the volume up or down the damm sh*t just shuffles to the next song when you try to use the two buttons on the r.hand side of the unit.

Also, if you start a song with the BB headset it seems like if you brush against or breathe on the button on the headset the damm music stops .... also if you start a song and back out to the main screen and then hit the screen shut off on the upper left ..... the song MAY or MAY NOT keep playing !!

Has anyone at BB ever heard of a fuggen lock button!?! What crap !!

Can anyone suggest a better music (MP3) player for my new BB Torch Slider???! I'm thisclose to tossing it at BB's CEO's head or kicking him in the as$ for letting some shmuck coder write that piece of crap!

A tad cranky ....

Cheers'
    Dave
    08-21-11 12:18 AM
    If you hold the volume buttons up or down, it will fast forward or rewind the song. And try getting a new headset then. And try doing a battery pull, music seems to stop for some reason why I exit the media player sometimes. It's not the best media player but it get's the job done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 12:42 AM
    The volume is a rocker so you just click up and down, one level at a time to raise or lower the volume.

08-21-11 08:31 AM
    I was frustrated too until I learned that to adjust the volume, press the volume buttons quickly. Any longer than 0.5 seconds and it changes the song. I happen to like this feature. I've never had a problem with the buttons getting pressed accidentally though, they are stiff and hard to push by accident.
    08-21-11 08:47 AM
    I wish the song shuffle was NOT associated with the side keys at all myself. If I want to change songs, and I usually dont, I will change from the screen buttons themselves. RIM should at least allow up to select this ourselves say in options...
    08-21-11 09:08 AM
    Agreed I am gonna try sending feedback to rim to update this. Maybe we can get a update on that.

Blackberry feedback tool app.
    08-21-11 09:12 AM
    Use an ipod people... Leave the phone alone.

omi10468 likes this.
    08-21-11 09:48 AM

And that type of thinking is exactly why RIM is being mocked so much. People don't want to carry two devices. Why should they when their are so many capable devices that eliminate the need for two.
    08-21-11 09:54 AM
    I agree…use an iPod and save yourself the trouble. Blackberrys and iPods are like peanut butter and jelly, you need one with the other. You can get by using your berry as your music player but the experience is def not that good.
    twitching pollices likes this.
    08-21-11 09:57 AM
    I agree�use an iPod and save yourself the trouble. Blackberrys and iPods are like peanut butter and jelly, you need one with the other. You can get by using your berry as your music player but the experience is def not that good.
    Sorry, but the experience is excellent if you know how to use it. No need for an iPod for music with my device. It would be a total waste of money.
    Lyls likes this.
    08-21-11 10:19 AM
    Have to agree with JasW. I use the media player 6 hours a day every day, pausing and skipping songs with the hardware button and I've never had a problem
    08-21-11 10:34 AM

i have to agree
    i mean, i really LOVE RIM <3 and i dont like apple (i did, in the past, when i've got my first ipod ^_^)

but apples ipod+itunes are the best things they've ever made, why would anyone use their smartphone for listening to music?
    even if i had an itoy (yea, flame me plz :P) i'd still use my ipod for music oO
    08-21-11 10:51 AM
    i have to agree
    i mean, i really LOVE RIM <3 and i dont like apple (i did, in the past, when i've got my first ipod ^_^)

but apples ipod+itunes are the best things they've ever made, why would anyone use their smartphone for listening to music?
    even if i had an itoy (yea, flame me plz :P) i'd still use my ipod for music oO
    I really dont understand why you feel this way. Music playback is music playback. Why carry around another device if you dont have to.
    Lyls likes this.
    08-21-11 11:25 AM
    I agree...
    I don't see any reason to carry 2 devices.

I personally LOVE the next track/previous track feature of the volume keys! Walking with the phone in my belt holster, I can easily skip a track without ever pulling out my phone. Music stops when a call comes in, starts again when I hang up. The appearance of it doesn't even bother me, cause I never look at it :-) I just hit shuffle songs, holster it, and away I go.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    08-21-11 12:08 PM
    Wow... so if im understanding this conversation correctly, are we saying that not one solution is gonna work for everyone and everyone should do what they like best? wierd.

ps, the media controls on the blackberry are awesome.
    08-21-11 04:10 PM
    I have a question for those who own an iPod and a blackberry.

Regarding the music playing abilities on both, how do they perform compared to one another? Forget form factor and placement of buttons, how does the audio compare?

(I ask because I've used my BB as a personal audio player in my car for years--and I think it works great. Am I missing something?)

Thanks in advance!
    08-21-11 04:26 PM
    I have not used any MP3 player since I got by first BB, unless the BB media player was totally useless, which it is not, it is very capable, there is zero reason to carry two devices.

CS
    Last edited by CanuckSoldier; 08-21-11 at 09:29 PM.
    08-21-11 08:11 PM

Regarding the music playing abilities on both, how do they perform compared to one another? Forget form factor and placement of buttons, how does the audio compare?

(I ask because I've used my BB as a personal audio player in my car for years--and I think it works great. Am I missing something?)

Thanks in advance!
    It really has to do with the source quality and what you are listening on. My one gripe with the BB is the equalizer. It kinda sucks.

On a side note, I thought Pandora (free account) had decent audio quality and then I plugged my Playbook into my home theater. Ouch. It was so compressed it literally hurt my ears. On a cheap set of earbuds you wouldn't notice a difference anyway.
    08-21-11 09:57 PM

Thanks in advance!
    For me there is no comparison. The sound I get from my iPod kills my BB. Even the new Torch.
    But then again, I simply prefer having a dedicated music player.
    08-21-11 10:01 PM
    The reason I have an iPod (2 actually) along side my BlackBerry is that I just have too much music to fit on a BlackBerry. The 2 iPod Classic 160GBs already can't hold my entire collection, and that's after converting everything to bitrates I find at the best, noticeable.

But I don't actually mind the BlackBerry media player, and would gladly stick all my music on my phone if RIM ever released a BlackBerry with 500GB - 1TB of storage.
    08-21-11 10:08 PM
    For me there is no comparison. The sound I get from my iPod kills my BB. Even the new Torch.
    But then again, I simply prefer having a dedicated music player.
    I rather go out and spend the extra $$ for an ipod nano that doesn't kill my phone battery and let it do its part. The nano also has an FM radio and fits a lot more music and is easier to find artists, songs, etc...
    I love the bolds dont get me wrong, but I just like the extra ipod. I use the BB in case the ipod dies actually....
    08-21-11 10:09 PM
    I had my iPod Classic (fifth generation) hooked up to a dedicated iPod connector in the glove compartment of my old car, using it as a dedicated hard drive for music. When I bought a new car this past February, it turned out I would have to shell out over $400 to add an iPod connector. So since I already had a Pro Clips mount for my Torch in the car, I decided to use the Torch. The downside is that I have to connect a cable leading from the Aux In on the car every time. And I can't use the skip song control on the steering wheel. But the upside has been that I have a great display with album art and touchscreen controls just to right of the steering wheel.

As for audio quality -- having a direct iPod connection in the car was technically better because there wasn't the conversion to analog that one has when one connects from the headphone jack to the Aux In. But we are talking listening to music in a car -- hardly the optimal environment -- and the difference is imperceptible.

Listening over headphones, I've not noticed a difference in audio quality between the iPod and BB. These are mp3 files we're talking about, so it's not absolutely top shelf audio to begin with (unless you're talking about lossless format, but that uses up a lot more space than regular mp3s).
    08-22-11 11:52 AM

Thanks in advance!
    I believe the audio quality is equal on them. I use an iPod Touch in my car because I wanted a music only device that stays in my car. I like that my BB plays music well, but in my car, I don't want my phone doing that extra work, especially when I use it for calls, navigation, watching traffic conditions (I drive a lot for my job).

That said, my BB could do the music, too, and one day I may switch to having just one device. I do like that it can synch with iTunes.

I like the iTouch a lot, but it isn't easy to use in the car with that touchscreen. I was able to control my Nano much better with it's hard buttons.
    08-22-11 12:07 PM
    Unless you can tell the difference of the same song played on either through the same speakers you will never know kind of like 720p video vs 1080p unless you get on top of the screen a lot of people can't tell any difference.
    08-22-11 12:08 PM
    Hi,

Is everyone else out there having trouble with the piece of SH*T mp3 software media player that come's on the BlackBerry ?!!

God I freaking hate it !!

When you want to turn the volume up or down the damm sh*t just shuffles to the next song when you try to use the two buttons on the r.hand side of the unit.

Also, if you start a song with the BB headset it seems like if you brush against or breathe on the button on the headset the damm music stops .... also if you start a song and back out to the main screen and then hit the screen shut off on the upper left ..... the song MAY or MAY NOT keep playing !!

Has anyone at BB ever heard of a fuggen lock button!?! What crap !!

Can anyone suggest a better music (MP3) player for my new BB Torch Slider???! I'm thisclose to tossing it at BB's CEO's head or kicking him in the as$ for letting some shmuck coder write that piece of crap!

A tad cranky ....

Cheers'
    Dave
    I'd say more than a tad cranky....the real problem is not the device...it's operator error. Like blaming your baseball bat for striking out!
    08-22-11 02:23 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD