So just wanted to give you all my impressions of the BlackBerry Hard Shell Case for Bold 9900.

PROS:

- Its a very nice looking case and not too thick, and sill thinner than most Blackberry devices.
    - It has a glossy back with crinkle finish in the center where the battery door lies underneath which looks nice, though I suspect this will scratch over time, especially the sides which are shiny glossy.
    - It has rubbery ends/sides which make it easy to remove from the case.
    - The rubbery sides make it much more grippy and nice to hold.
    - All the posts ear easily accesible including the 3.5mm headphone jack, allowing the use of all types of plugs.
    - Price is reasonable for such a quality product.

CONS:

- It's fit is only 'just' tight enough. It doesn't move around in it, but the rubbery sides don't make for a snug fit like most other plastic snap on back cases.
    - With the case on you cannot use the BlackBerry Charging Pod as the contacts are covered. Luckily the case is easy to remove for this purpose and for doing battery pulls/resets.
    - Difficult to get right now due to the phone's popularity, but this is not a negative on the product itself.

CONCLUSION: At first I was a little disappointed as the fit wasn't as tight and snug as I would have liked, but the more I felt it in my hands, the less it mattered because its very comfortable and does not move around in it's case. It's a high quality product and I opened 2 of these and they feel identical in feel, fit and finish.

In my opinion, it is the perfect blend between portability (thin profile), protection (rubber sides) and usability (easy to remove). Highly recommended - from a BB user with 15 years of BB use
    Last edited by leicashot; 08-20-11 at 05:47 PM.
    08-20-11 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the review. I went with the silicon case that BB has made. I thought the hard case might scratch too easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 05:43 PM
    Thanks for the review. I went with the silicon case that BB has made. I thought the hard case might scratch too easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I thought so too, but i don't mind the scratches cause its a case and wanted to enjoy 'some' gloss on the phone.

i'm sure the silicon case is great. is it a nice tight fit?
    08-20-11 05:46 PM
    I tried both and hard case is 100% better than soft case. None of cases that I know of will work with charging pod without removing it first.
    08-20-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD