Haven't had a chance to mess around with the Bold 9900/9930 - debating to upgrade.

Isn't it redundant to have both the touch screen and trackpad? I imagine it would have been nicer to extend the screen a bit and do without the trackpad altogether. Have users noticed an advantage to having both input mechanisms?
    08-19-11 09:20 PM
    Yes. The track pad can be more accurate in some situations. For instance, Angry Farm would be a pain to play with JUST the touch screen because some levels require some very accurate positioning and your finger would just hide that. And in BrickBreaker, using the trackpad with the "laser" or "gun" is more effective because you don't have to stop moving the paddle to fire, like you do on the touch screen. And I'm sure there are non-game related reasons to want a track-pad too, I mean, I do use it every so often on a web site that refuses to zoom nicely or something... and it's always a nice backup to have. Saves the frustration of "I can't touch that for some reason!" when you have the other option so eminently available.
    overhere likes this.
    08-19-11 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD