Ok so my battery has been behaving strangely in the last couple days. Like today, I took off the charger when I woke up (7 am). I used my phone to check my facebook a couple of times, checked twitter feed once, sent quite a few texts, and had about 20 emails. Finally I had one phone call that lasted about 10 seconds.

My battery started off at 100%. Then by 11am, it showed 90%. I thought it was great battery life. However, now it's 1:20 pm and my batter shows 50%. It seemed like it started to drain a lot faster. This has happened before too. Does anybody know why it starts to drain faster?

I rarely run extra apps in the background. I always "close" them. Help please?
    08-19-11 01:21 PM
    How is your signal? If signal strength is poor, and the device is searching for signal, the battery will drain faster.
    08-19-11 01:25 PM
    I'm at work everyday and the signal is just about perfect.
    08-19-11 01:27 PM
    Do you have GPS enabled?
    08-19-11 01:30 PM
    Nope. I've never used GPS on my phone before. I have sprint so I'm guessing that's sprint navigation right? If so, yea I've never used that before.
    08-19-11 01:32 PM
    Did you install the new OS?

My battery was lasting TWO DAYS stock. I updated to the newest Sprint OS a few weeks ago and now I'm lucky to make it through the day without it dying. One day it was dead by 11am. Sprint even swapped out the battery, but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I am also getting great reception, but the battery just crashes. I can count down the percents as they tick off. Not sure if this is a widespread problem or just me?
    08-23-11 04:05 PM
    actually now my battery functions perfectly. i'm a between moderate and heavy user. i've had a pretty strict schedule lately: unplug at 7am and plug it back in by 11pm. I'm usually left with 40% and that's good enough for me.

and tandaina I do have the latest OS. I dont know how to solve your problem though
    08-23-11 04:09 PM
    To keep this going. Any ideas out there? I just did a battery pull. At the end of reboot battery read 91%. 30 minutes later after sitting idle with NO use battery reads 85%. This is ridiculous, and pretty much unusable.
    08-23-11 05:36 PM
    To keep this going. Any ideas out there? I just did a battery pull. At the end of reboot battery read 91%. 30 minutes later after sitting idle with NO use battery reads 85%. This is ridiculous, and pretty much unusable.

That's pretty extreme. How long have you had the 9650? Do you think it could just be a bad battery and could go to the store to swap one?
    08-24-11 09:32 AM
    I'd check and see what applications are running in the background... some are real battery hogs, even if you aren't using them.
    08-24-11 11:24 AM
    actually now my battery functions perfectly. i'm a between moderate and heavy user. i've had a pretty strict schedule lately: unplug at 7am and plug it back in by 11pm. I'm usually left with 40% and that's good enough for me.

and tandaina I do have the latest OS. I dont know how to solve your problem though
    So your battery stopped draining after 1:20?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 06:24 PM
    Yep lol and my phone has been fine ever since. No complaints

08-24-11 06:29 PM

My battery was lasting TWO DAYS stock. I updated to the newest Sprint OS a few weeks ago and now I'm lucky to make it through the day without it dying. One day it was dead by 11am. Sprint even swapped out the battery, but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I am also getting great reception, but the battery just crashes. I can count down the percents as they tick off. Not sure if this is a widespread problem or just me?
    what was the os you had been running when you were getting 2 days? i dont even get that on my extended battery. lol
    08-24-11 07:41 PM
    Me either. I am lucky to make it home before i have to plug in with my extended battery.
    08-25-11 11:27 AM
    Me either. I am lucky to make it home before i have to plug in with my extended battery.
    well i have the 2600 battery but on a real heavy use day (pandora 11hrs, alot of bbm and twitter and using sprint nav for about 2-3 hrs total) im around 20%
    08-26-11 07:52 PM
    What's helped me in the past when I notice my battery being sucked down is to reload the OS and all my apps again one by one. Battery pulls does not solve the problem.

I usually do this about every 6 months and after I'm finished my phone is 10 times snappier and my battery lasts much longer with the same usage.

For whatever reason I feel like there is an app that will get hung up and drain my battery much faster.

08-27-11 08:19 PM

I installed the latest official (.600) and battery and radio signal were horrible I was constantly roaming and battery did not last 2 hours of stand by. I downgraded to the latest leak (.587) and all is very good now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 07:08 AM
    I have officially given up on the bold I activated a few days ago to get away from my samsung epic ... And the lag and battery life was just too frustrating to deal with ... So I will just deal with android for a bit until a onx phone comes ...
    08-30-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD