Question for 9810 owners. I have a 9800 and I'm thinking of upgrading to either the 9900 or 9810. On my current 9800, I've noticed the battery door has some wiggle and there's quite a bit of bezel 'creaking' on the bottom left of the phone, and while I haven't had the chance to play with a 9810 I wanted to know if anyone has reported this in the 9810's? I've played with the 9900 and the build quality seems very solid. Nothing kills the feel of a device more than moving parts where there shouldn't be moving parts.
    08-19-11 12:23 PM
    My friend's 9800 had a loose battery door as well. Nothing real bad, but I did notice it when checking out her phone. I wonder how many 9800's had this issue and if any of the 9810's have it as well since the form factor is virtually unchanged.
    Pilot_Berry likes this.
    08-19-11 12:58 PM
    My door is creaky and I just shoved a piece of folded paper in the back of it. The extra padding stopped it from creaking. I fixed the lose battery door by slapping a case on it lol.
    08-19-11 01:02 PM
    Aren't we talking about whether the new 9810s have wobble or creak, not whether your old 9800s do?
    barskin likes this.
    08-19-11 01:08 PM
    Yeah I filled my 9800 battery door with electrical tape, that took away the battery door wiggle, and a case took away the bezel creak. But I don't want to have to do that on a 9810, who does?
    08-19-11 01:12 PM
    Aren't we talking about whether the new 9810s have wobble or creak, not whether your old 9800s do?
    Yes, thank you, Jas. Hellllllo. Do the 9810's have that back door wiggle (as my 9800 does)? Anyone...anyone...
    08-19-11 02:05 PM
    There's an easy fix for the loose battery door on the 9800. Someone posted a very detailed how-to in the 9800 forum awhile ago. I think it's this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-cover-543338/. See the second post in the thread by els822. Worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:16 PM
    Fascinating. Now how about the 9810? And saying there's something wrong with it but it can be fixed via a Mr. Dressup procedure is no help.

08-19-11 03:27 PM
    Fascinating. Now how about the 9810? And saying there's something wrong with it but it can be fixed via a Mr. Dressup procedure is no help.

That kind of snottiness isn't going to get you an answer to your question any quicker.

Since the 9810 isn't out yet, there's really no way to know if it's still a problem, is there. But chances are it's the same set-up as the 9800, so if it is still a problem, the fix will be the same. Since people here with 9800s were asking the question, I thought it might be helpful to inform them of a fix. Sorry I didn't clear that with you first.

08-19-11 03:56 PM
    I apologize I expected you could read. No snottiness just impatience.

08-19-11 04:24 PM
    That kind of snottiness isn't going to get you an answer to your question any quicker.

Since the 9810 isn't out yet, there's really no way to know if it's still a problem, is there. But chances are it's the same set-up as the 9800, so if it is still a problem, the fix will be the same. Since people here with 9800s were asking the question, I thought it might be helpful to inform them of a fix. Sorry I didn't clear that with you first.

No, I think some of us were wondering if the people who do have the 9810 already (a.k.a. Canadians), knew if there was any difference.
    08-19-11 04:28 PM
    When my 9800 was new it almost immediately started developing that slight creek in the keyboard and a loose battery cover. Actually the creaking may have gotten better ove time. Or, I just got used to it.

Anyways the battery door on my 9810 is very, very tight. I had to do a battery pull the other day and it is actually difficult to open. Almost frustratingly tight!

No creak in the keyboard yet.
    Pilot_Berry likes this.
    08-20-11 08:21 PM
    Okay. Good to know. Remember, to reboot, you don't have to open the back, anyway. Just press alt, shift, delete at the same time.

08-20-11 08:42 PM
    Physically, they got it right. No creaks or rattles. The bezel and all that was metallic before is now a very different metal (or simulated metal) that bonds extremely well to the glass and the plastics. I think this is what makes it feel so solid.

08-21-11 07:36 AM
    Played with a 9810 today. Very solid. No creeking on the battery door or sliding mechanism.
    Pilot_Berry likes this.
    08-21-11 11:27 AM
    Okay. Good to know. Remember, to reboot, you don't have to open the back, anyway. Just press alt, shift, delete at the same time.

Oh crap I'm a BB NUB, I downloaded quick pull app to do that for me lol
    08-21-11 06:57 PM
    my 9810 does not have any issues with the creaking very solid i struggled to get the door off of mine to put the friggin sim card in.
    08-21-11 07:20 PM
    No creaking or loose battery door on my 9810. It has a very solid feel. It's substantial without being heavy. LOVE it.
    RIM got it right with this device. I hope the 9900 turns out to be this great when I get mine.
    dochouse7 likes this.
    08-21-11 07:25 PM
    Glad to hear the lack of battery door issues, creaky bezel and wobbling slider are gone. I only had an issue with slider wobble on my 9800, but i'm planning to get the 9810 within the next 2 weeks.
    08-21-11 07:32 PM
    Got one for the Wife today, not a peep.

08-21-11 07:38 PM
    No creaking or wobbling. Slider and bezel are solid.

08-21-11 07:41 PM
    No issues here either with my 9810, as stated the battery door is actually very tight and not issues with creaking, or a lose slider. Loving the experience so far.

CS
    08-21-11 07:46 PM
    No creaking or loose battery door on my 9810. It has a very solid feel. It's substantial without being heavy. LOVE it.
    RIM got it right with this device. I hope the 9900 turns out to be this great when I get mine.
    You have a disease. Lol. I also want to try out the 9900, but after buying the 9810 this morning, I see myself ordering the new iPhone 5 when released.

Side note: Your love for torch prompted me to give it another shot. You not only ran your old one over, but went out and purchased another one promptly. Awesome! One thing I can say about you and your phones,is that you try them all before throwing darts. The failed atrix experiment was pretty funny to me and provided good insight. Thanks.
    08-21-11 07:57 PM
    Qbnkelt: Yon going to keep the 9810?

08-21-11 08:22 PM
    You have a disease. Lol. I also want to try out the 9900, but after buying the 9810 this morning, I see myself ordering the new iPhone 5 when released.

Side note: Your love for torch prompted me to give it another shot. You not only ran your old one over, but went out and purchased another one promptly. Awesome! One thing I can say about you and your phones,is that you try them all before throwing darts. The failed atrix experiment was pretty funny to me and provided good insight. Thanks.
    WOW!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. It is true that I've tried every platform except Symbian and simply prefer BB.
    I LOVED my first Torch. It's been smooth as silk all along...even the refurb after running over my first one. So there was no way in h3ll I wasn't going to get this one!
    And it's true....I do have a disease!!!! I'll be getting the 9900 too!
    08-21-11 08:48 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD