Hey guys,

I have a 1gb data plan on my curve 8520(waiting for my 9900). But I'm curious how much more traffic does PB use when bridged? Is 1gig going to be enough considering the full page browsing experience etc? For the handheld device it's more than enough, but I'm not sure how it is going to be when bridged?
    Actually, I'm curious about any given tablet for that matter.

And three more sub-questions:
    - how much the bluetooth is draining the battery when bridged?
    - Is there a way to find out on the device(services or something) if the carrier is requiring a tethering plan?
    - I've seen a video here where it's explained that the bridge itself is enough for the PB to use your handheld's connection to internet; but there are many posts of users claiming that it's only possible with tethering - so which one is it?

Thanks.
    Chaddface likes this.
    08-19-11 07:37 AM
    Bridge and tether are different. With tether the PB will function just like you are connected to wifi. Using the bridge will allow you to use the bridge browser but apps that require internet service will not work. How much data you use will depend on what your doing on the internet and how long your doing it. I haven't noticed a big difference with battery life on my torch and it's connected to the PB most of the day. You would have to call your carrier to see if they charge for tethering. Who is your provider maybe someone here can chime in on the charges?

By the way... Welcome
    Last edited by Chaddface; 08-19-11 at 07:51 AM.
    Anoobis likes this.
    08-19-11 07:48 AM
    On Telus a plan with 1GB data or more is needed for use of the bridge/tether with the PB without extra charge. AT&T are the only ones that charges you for using bridge. I can surf the web via bridge browser without needing tether.

Bluetooth kills the battery on my Android but doesn't seem to affect battery duration on my BB, or at least as long as it's connected.
    Anoobis likes this.
    08-19-11 08:32 AM
    Thanks, guys.

I should most probably wait for a next major update to see how things are going to be. Or may be just wait until winter when the next PB is going to be released.
    08-19-11 09:08 AM
    Your best bet may be to look for a deal on the PlayBook from the same company selling you the new 9900.

I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a new and improved Playbook as soon as this winter, maybe just one with 4G built in.
    Anoobis likes this.
    08-19-11 09:54 AM
    Thanks, guys.

I should most probably wait for a next major update to see how things are going to be. Or may be just wait until winter when the next PB is going to be released.
    you get get a brand new PB on eBay for $299 right now, but I am doing the same, waiting for PB2, and hopefully a bigger form factor.
    Anoobis likes this.
    08-19-11 10:44 AM
    you get get a brand new PB on eBay for $299 right now, but I am doing the same, waiting for PB2, and hopefully a bigger form factor.
    It was yesterday's daily deal.

Deal's dead now.
    08-19-11 11:01 AM
    I'm connected to my playbook with my bold 9700 pretty much all day. The battery lasts me for 1 to 1-1/2 days without a problem. Usually 1 day if i use my berry constantly or 1-1/2 when is sitting on standby most of the day with bluetooth turned on. As far as bandwidth is concerned I'm on the bridge browser most of the day browsing crackberry and don't typically hit 1gb. This month so far I've consumed 365MB of data with my cycle starting on july 28th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

edit: I apologize, i just refreshed my data and i've actually consumed 524MB so far since july 28th.
    Anoobis likes this.
    08-19-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD