so my birthday is the 17th of next month. i was planning on upgrading my phone(9780) to the 9900 on tmobile. today was a downer of a day. my car is not doing too good. it has 103,000 miles and its limping along. i have to take it into the dealership tomorrow. its possible they might tell me something i dont want to hear. if thats the case and i have to shell out big money... then its no 9900 for me. im going to have to wait until later this year. so not sure what you believe in but keep me in your thoughts. hopefully it will be something minor wrong with my car. i will keep you guys updated.

thanks in advance!
    08-18-11 11:42 PM
    If you got to shell out money for your ride, don't sweat it. You still got a decent device in the 9780. The 9900 is awesome though...buy it and take the bus(just kidding). Good luck with the ride, hope it works out for you.
    08-18-11 11:49 PM
    so my birthday is the 17th of next month. i was planning on upgrading my phone(9780) to the 9900 on tmobile. today was a downer of a day. my car is not doing too good. it has 103,000 miles and its limping along. i have to take it into the dealership tomorrow. its possible they might tell me something i dont want to hear. if thats the case and i have to shell out big money... then its no 9900 for me. im going to have to wait until later this year. so not sure what you believe in but keep me in your thoughts. hopefully it will be something minor wrong with my car. i will keep you guys updated.

thanks in advance!
    Best of luck man. I know how it is, I just lost my job two weeks ago and my funds are much lower. There isn't even any real job openings around here.

Just look forward to the day when your funds are back up and get that 9900. It will make it more worthwhile for you to own it.

What kind of car issues are you having? If it is something minor, an off the clock, weekend warrior type tech can help you for much, much cheaper.

I used to detail cars for a dealership and was friends with the mechanics(wish I still knew them now) and I could not believe people were paying $65 an hour in labor back then. With some of the contracts with our mechanics, almost half of the rates were going right to the shop and they only get paid by the job.
    08-19-11 12:27 AM
    Best of luck man

I really hope it's not that bad so you can join the 9900 bandwagon
    08-19-11 12:40 AM
    I heard the new blackberry colt is gonna be better than the 9900
    08-19-11 12:43 AM
    thank you guys for responding. we will see what the dealership says
    08-19-11 02:18 AM
    Good luck with car ,no idea what's the problem?and ya the
    9900 is awesome. And "Izeng" yer a ****

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 02:28 AM
    I'd make a funny if I knew anything about cars... but I don't.

Hope it works out for ya.
    08-19-11 02:55 AM
    If the budget is that tight, you need to be putting the money in the bank! I know that is boring but think about it.
    08-19-11 05:33 AM
    what kind of car you have? and why you gonna take it to the dealership? take it to a known mechanic...youre gonna save some dough and maybe have money left over for the 9900..you mentioned you have 103,000 miles it...so that means your out of warranty...again stay away from the dealer!
    08-19-11 06:59 AM
    I'm taking it to a dealership for diagnostic test? We will see what they say. Its a german car so you never know. I have 3 mechanics lined up to fix my car when I find out what's wrong. Neither of them work at a dealership. Hopefully things work in my favor we will see. I'm just a realist and it possible I might have to wait a couple months to get the phone as this car repair could dry up my savings. German cars aren't cheap to fix.

08-19-11 09:17 AM
    TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!!

If you heard so, then go wait and get it! Don't hijack threads with your rubbish!
    08-19-11 09:32 AM
    Well it better be if it's a new model!
    08-19-11 09:34 AM
    Thank you guys for responding. So car is done I have to get a new one. So right now the 9900 is on the back burner.

08-19-11 11:48 AM

thanks in advance!
    My birthday is too!! Same day.
    08-19-11 11:52 AM
    My birthday is too!! Same day.
    That's what's up!

08-19-11 01:53 PM
    lmao anyone who says the 9780 is "still a decent device" has lost their marbles. its a great device!! i can do everything on this phone that the 9900 can do, save for having a touchscreen and NFC (which isnt even useful yet)... im still on the fence about getting a 9900, only because it seems like a phone to hold us over until the QNX devices release. i might stick with the 9780 for a while until the real bb's start dropping! its a shame that they cannot compete with some of the basic functionality of other devices however

thats what im hoping for in the QNX phones...

OP-- dont sweat the phone, get your car fixed and worry about the phonelust later! your car will keep you going whereas your phone may not...
    08-19-11 04:06 PM
    wow 100,000 miles and the car is gone? my daily driver lexus GS430 just hit 200,000 with pretty much just oil changes and timing belt/water pump its whole life. Anyways back on topic, I would put priority on the car over getting the blackberry as having reliable transportation is a necessity and the blackberry is a want.

However, I can't wait to get mine despite the current development of QNX compatible phones
    08-19-11 04:21 PM
    103,000 miles is nothing.
    08-19-11 04:35 PM
    lmao anyone who says the 9780 is "still a decent device" has lost their marbles. its a great device!! i can do everything on this phone that the 9900 can do, save for having a touchscreen and NFC (which isnt even useful yet)... im still on the fence about getting a 9900, only because it seems like a phone to hold us over until the QNX devices release. i might stick with the 9780 for a while until the real bb's start dropping! its a shame that they cannot compete with some of the basic functionality of other devices however

thats what im hoping for in the QNX phones...

OP-- dont sweat the phone, get your car fixed and worry about the phonelust later! your car will keep you going whereas your phone may not...

Tune has changed I see. You've been gung ** about the 9900 and wanting to grab one. I'd talk myself out of one too...
    08-19-11 04:36 PM
    i know that feeling.

bought a 98 passat for $4500 2 years ago, just dropped $2800 on repairs for it, and still got about $1000 to spend on it to service the timing belt etc.

i know...why spend $4k on a car you spent $4k on...i searched all over craigslist and local dealerships for cars in the 4k range and found NOTHING that was what i wanted...

passat looks good on coilovers and BBS's though =)
    08-19-11 04:49 PM
    Fingers crossed!!!!
    08-19-11 05:22 PM
    As a mechanic I hate seeing people get hosed on car repairs
    And give advice when I can to help folks, the days of a mechanic
    Are gone. Now they are parts hangers and will keep throwing
    New parts at it until it worx ,but cannot find the problem/part
    Through traditional methods.
    But that 9900 is awesome and I'm getting one also.
    CHEERS

08-20-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD