Enjoy this very good read....As some may know I have expressed my enthusiasm for Blackberry platform Fall 2011 onward....We are on the verge IMHO of some amazing software "deliverable's" very...very soon!

Share your enthusiasm......Utterly ignore any troll post you encounter in this thread! Suck it up and ignore them...Express your enthusiasm!

08-18-11 06:47 PM
    I personally don't care about apps and all that other shabazz. Just give me the security! World phone capabilities! Keyboard! Led! Bbm! I miss blackberry! I'm jealous of you all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 07:02 PM
    Adobe Player is going to be released before the conf. Nice :-)

Wondering if the NDK will also have the work from TAT. Looking forward to seeing what developers will do with that.
    08-18-11 07:04 PM
    I personally don't care about apps and all that other shabazz. Just give me the security! World phone capabilities! Keyboard! Led! Bbm! I miss blackberry! I'm jealous of you all!

All this and apps. BB is going to deliver the whole package.
    08-18-11 09:03 PM
    The new Blackberry OS7 phones gives you the multimedia power of Apple and Android phones while providing the four, essential pillars Blackberry has been known for: security, data efficiency, reliability and practicality.

With all these features, why buy anything else?

Jake Storm likes this.
    08-18-11 09:29 PM
    The new Blackberry OS7 phones gives you the multimedia power of Apple and Android phones while providing the four, essential pillars Blackberry has been known for: security, data efficiency, reliability and practicality.

Exactly.
    All I need now is a pair of RIM socks.
    rjshahan likes this.
    08-18-11 09:42 PM
    just give me a Blackberry! i don't care on any "on-the-topic" phones! i llove to live simply and happy.
    08-19-11 02:54 AM

For Apps! But the Android App player should fix that. I heard the top 50 apps consisted of 62% of all app usage.

Awhile ago I was thinking about buying an Android/iOS just for that game. And Fruit Ninja. But glad I didn't. I love my BB too much.

I can't wait for QNX. So many promises I hope they deliver on. Which looks like it will be likely. I love the UI of the OS also.
    08-19-11 04:19 AM
    Did anyone notice, how the only benchmarks he talked about in regards to apps were development speed, speed to market, etc? How about the other big problem RIM has in regards to apps: QUALITY...
    Not a word about that, which is troublesome, if it reflects RIMs priorities.

" For Apps! But the Android App player should fix that."

Not really... Not only does the developer still have to translate their app for BBs Android player, which means that availability of a given app os far from sure.
    The Android player also doesn't support many of Google's APIs, which means most modern games are out of the question. It also wont support the newest version of Android, which means no Tablet apps, only phone apps. Multitasking is also in doubt. The player is an emergency solution, and if you expect it to make a huge difference, you'll be disappointed.

08-19-11 05:46 AM
    Did anyone notice, how the only benchmarks he talked about in regards to apps were development speed, speed to market, etc? How about the other big problem RIM has in regards to apps: QUALITY...
    The app totals in the android and ios app stores are the main sticks being used to beat rim over 3rd party development right now so it seems obvious that they would mention things that can address that issue and anyone deliberately picking out what wasn't mentioned just seems like somebody looking to find fault.
    08-19-11 07:26 AM

Aside from the obvious (apps), buying a different smartphone would save someone the aggravation of BIS or the costs of BES.
    08-19-11 07:56 AM
    There is a free version of bes you know and you only require a BIS data plan.

Sounds like a win.
    08-19-11 10:39 AM
    There is a free version of bes you know and you only require a BIS data plan.

Sounds like a win.
    Its only free if you want to host your own BESx server on your own hardware. Hosted BESx seems to cost the same $10 a month that has been charged for hosted BES.
    08-19-11 12:02 PM
    the new phones don't come with current BES support right? they'll only work on systems that have upgraded BES specifically for the new devices ? or am i wrong? i thought i read they didn't work with current ones
    08-19-11 04:40 PM

" For Apps! But the Android App player should fix that."

Not really... Not only does the developer still have to translate their app for BBs Android player, which means that availability of a given app os far from sure.
    The Android player also doesn't support many of Google's APIs, which means most modern games are out of the question. It also wont support the newest version of Android, which means no Tablet apps, only phone apps. Multitasking is also in doubt. The player is an emergency solution, and if you expect it to make a huge difference, you'll be disappointed.

sadly this seems to be the case, maybe they can work closely with devs and make sure things are as seamless as possible, but it seems like the android devs don't really want to do what it will take to migrate to the android player, from what i've read theres close to 0 interest in this, and as far as developing for QNX that's even less enthusiastic. hopefully the platform takes off to create interest for developers, that'll take a long time tho, took android a few years.
    08-19-11 04:43 PM
    sadly this seems to be the case, maybe they can work closely with devs and make sure things are as seamless as possible, but it seems like the android devs don't really want to do what it will take to migrate to the android player, from what i've read theres close to 0 interest in this, and as far as developing for QNX that's even less enthusiastic. hopefully the platform takes off to create interest for developers, that'll take a long time tho, took android a few years.
    Can you provide facts for the 0% interest of the Android dev community having 0 interest for the Android App Player?

Ronen Halevy who IMHO is the best Blackberry journalist/ blogger (tied for 1st with CB Kevin ) , repeatedly claims that there is overwhelming interest in Android devs who want to bring their applications to App World...

I find your post hard to believe as Ronen's credibility is almost second to none!
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-20-11 at 01:52 PM.
    FMB8900 and _StephenBB81 like this.
    08-20-11 01:12 PM

Don't confuse Quality over quantity....

QNX is renowned for its rapid development framework. This is about streamlining the developer process and bringing accelerated development times to the platform. It all boils down to providing an abundance of tools and allowing the devs to have a rapid cycle of development to market place...This alone will provide devs with a greater return on investment, and provide the end user with more choice....I am thrilled at Mike Kirkup's stance on this...
    08-20-11 01:27 PM
    QNX is renowned for its rapid development framework. This is about streamlining the developer process and bringing accelerated development times to the platform. It all boils down to providing an abundance of tools and allowing the devs to have a rapid cycle of development to market place...This alone will provide devs with a greater return on investment, and provide the end user with more choice....I am thrilled at Mike Kirkup's stance on this...
    Really. By the way, how is the "rapid development framework" working out for PlayBook development? It's true there's no NDK yet, but to me this is proof that the development framework isn't quite as "rapid" as you'd like to believe.
    08-20-11 03:41 PM
    Really. By the way, how is the "rapid development framework" working out for PlayBook development? It's true there's no NDK yet, but to me this is proof that the development framework isn't quite as "rapid" as you'd like to believe.
    Thanks again for your typical drivel....

The NDK will more then likely translate outside of the consumer market to include development framework with such examples as QNX car, the medical industry etc...allowing for some extensive and elaborate development framework and protocols...

QNX is a micro-kernel OS and the NDK will allow devs to switch off processes and interact with hardware much more extensively then that of a monolithic kernel..which ios and Android so happen to be....

RIM also has plans to streamline the dev process under one roof allocating resources to a very broad reach and depth...With this also comes the integration of "Project Highlander".....which will see the NDK become a apart of QNX HH's and tablets...not to mention BES and BIS...

QNX also supports a broader reach of Dev tools, graphics and audio capabilities then that of Android and ios...Not to mention all the libraries that QNX has that allows them to be POSIX certified...

The intrinsic realities of the NDK are that the development and software capabilities with the interaction and support will be much more extensive and much more capable then that of Android and ios.....

There is much more to the intrinsic nature of the long development time required of the NDK...However the NDK will allow the PB to stand a firm footing in a league of its own...I personally value that RIM is being very careful, clever and calculated as well as providing tools that will allow an eclipsing of competitors offerings....

IMHO the NDK in an alpha state will allow the BB platform to retain a status as being in a league of their own...There is no need to rush this process as in this case we can sacrifice the now, for allowing RIM to be the premier mobile software solution in the future.

Your redundant skepticism, arrogance and negativity typically isn't worthy of a response. As I feel it brings the collective enthusiasm and intelligence level down as a whole on the CB forum...

I'm still curious to know who your identity was prior to May 2011....As I am more then confident you were banned while "the cleaning up the trolling trash" was underway....

Under your new name of ,"Economist101" post April 2011...You appear under the guise of having more careful ways to separate yourself from a troll...however it becomes very evident through you posting behaviors....

My CB name is missing_K-W...and I am a Blackberry fanboy! and I hold myself to account for the duty and responsibility of exposing trolls
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 08-20-11 at 04:43 PM.
    Jake Storm, FMB8900 and lnichols like this.
    08-20-11 04:36 PM
    Thanks again for your typical drivel....

Your redundant skepticism, arrogance and negativity typically isn't worthy of a response. As I feel it brings the collective enthusiasm and intelligence level down as a whole on the CB forum...

I'm still curious to know who your identity was prior to May 2011....As I am more then confident you were banned while "the cleaning up the trolling trash" was underway....

Under your new name of ,"Economist101" post April 2011...You appear under the guise of having more careful ways to separate yourself from a troll...however it becomes very evident through you posting behaviors....

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Somebody had to finally say it....
    Jake Storm likes this.
    08-20-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD