Anyone have any information on when the Bold 9900 or any of the OS 7 devices (GSM) will come out in OEM? Where would I get the contact for this?
    08-18-11 06:07 PM
    By OEM I mean no branding on phones, straight from the manufacturer.
    08-18-11 06:08 PM
    By OEM I mean no branding on phones, straight from the manufacturer.
    They are available NOW.... sort of:

Bell 9900's do not have ANY branding on the phone. No logo at the bottom or any splash screen on startup. Other than the Bell service books & apps that get pushed onto it because I am with bell for the their online bill & account management page etc, I cannot tell that it is from Bell and not direct from the factory. You could use it with any other carrier and not get these service books and have a completely unbranded phone
    08-18-11 06:39 PM
    They are available NOW.... sort of:

Bell 9900's do not have ANY branding on the phone. No logo at the bottom or any splash screen on startup. Other than the Bell service books & apps that get pushed onto it because I am with bell for the their online bill & account management page etc, I cannot tell that it is from Bell and not direct from the factory. You could use it with any other carrier and not get these service books and have a completely unbranded phone
    Bell would be a canadian carrier right? What's the complete name?

Also, is there any way to delete the carrier apps you talk about?

Thanks.

P.S. Nice pic.
    08-18-11 06:48 PM
    You'd only get those apps if you were on Bell. They're pushed through to your phone
    08-18-11 07:02 PM
    Bell would be a canadian carrier right? What's the complete name?

Yes, Canadian. 'Bell Mobilty' www.bell.ca (click the mobile button)

Also, is there any way to delete the carrier apps you talk about?

Thanks.

P.S. Nice pic.
    Thanks
    You'd only get those apps if you were on Bell. They're pushed through to your phone
    ^what he said^

You won't get these carrier apps unless you are with Bell, and afaik if you are with bell you can't remove all the apps they push on you.... I just hide the icons for the ones I don't want.

You won't get the Bell apps using a Bell phone with your US(?) carrier, but instead you will get your carriers apps push through their service books. That's a standard thing with all BB's (and other smart phones too) on any carriers
    08-18-11 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD