So I called Verizon Global to get my phone unlocked. None of what they told me to do worked, so they gave me the unlock code and told me to go to my local Verizon store, their techs were clueless, thought I had asked them deliver a baby? So I left upset when home and called global services again, still not able to get to a screen where an unlock code can be input! Apparently is not the same as my old bold 9650 or my tour 9630. They told me that I would have to get another carriers sim card put it in the phone and then input the code when asked to. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone else have any suggestions? If I could get to the input screen I could insert the number!
    Thanks for any help!
    08-18-11 04:35 PM
    08-18-11 05:27 PM
    So I called Verizon Global to get my phone unlocked. None of what they told me to do worked, so they gave me the unlock code and told me to go to my local Verizon store, their techs were clueless, thought I had asked them deliver a baby? So I left upset when home and called global services again, still not able to get to a screen where an unlock code can be input! Apparently is not the same as my old bold 9650 or my tour 9630. They told me that I would have to get another carriers sim card put it in the phone and then input the code when asked to. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone else have any suggestions? If I could get to the input screen I could insert the number!
    Thanks for any help!
    I would borrow a friends sim and you will get the prompt to input the unlock code.
    08-18-11 10:46 PM
    Used an AT&T SIM and it worked like a champ.
    08-19-11 11:21 AM
    Good to hear!
    08-19-11 11:42 AM
    would it get Tmoble 3G or 4G
    08-19-11 01:05 PM
    BlackberryCodeSource told me how to unlock the phone. Go to options, advanced, sim card, hold down the ALT key and type in MEPE, then a screen appears where you enter your code, voila its done! Thanks for the Help
    08-19-11 01:12 PM
    Used an AT&T SIM and it worked like a champ.
    Thanks for sharing... this will be helpful for some people here.
    08-19-11 02:48 PM
    using MEPD to check type of lock and then ALT+MEPE (network in my case) worked fine. without any sim card or original carrier's sim.
    08-19-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD