08-18-11 01:09 PM
    You would do much better if you would ship to canada.
    08-18-11 01:56 PM
    How can they possibly be doing this? Anyone know anything about this company, their feedback seems great.
    08-18-11 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up. Too bad they only ship domestic.
    08-18-11 02:53 PM
    Im guessing they got their hands on a lot of some playbooks for a good price. (maybe refurbished?).
    I think you can compare this to groupon. Kind of a wholesale for residential customers.
    08-18-11 03:05 PM
    Im guessing they got their hands on a lot of some playbooks for a good price. (maybe refurbished?).
    I think you can compare this to groupon. Kind of a wholesale for residential customers.
    It says new, unopened in box on e-bay. I think since they have a very good feedback score and I can pay with Pay Pal I might give it a try, I had good luck once with Pay Pal when I got a counterfeit product. This just seems too good to be true...
    08-18-11 03:19 PM
    Sounds like greymarket goods to me. A distributor dumped a bunch (probably in violation of its agreement with RIM) and here they are for sale.
    08-18-11 03:32 PM
    Who cares. Ordered one. Been meaning to grab one for awhile and give it a chance. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.
    08-18-11 03:55 PM
    You would do much better if you would ship to canada.
    In Manitoba, some just get products shipped to a US border town and then make a quick run to the border.

Tell custom officials where you're going, pick it up for a small holding fee, do a u-turn, pay the duties and you're good to go.

Sure beats paying ridiculous shipping and brokerage fees.
    08-18-11 03:56 PM
    It says new, unopened in box on e-bay. I think since they have a very good feedback score and I can pay with Pay Pal I might give it a try, I had good luck once with Pay Pal when I got a counterfeit product. This just seems too good to be true...
    Make sure if you have problems or if you don't get it, you file a claim with eBay within 90 days of the sale or your SOL. I ordered a 2TB external drive off eBay and it was shipped right in the middle of the Canadian Postal Strike. By the time the strike was over and the goods never showed up, it was past the 90 days and eBay wouldn't do anything about it. The shipment never did show up.

Mike
    08-18-11 04:06 PM
    History: 284 sold... I see his feedback but how did he get his hands on so many? Something just doesn't sound right.
    08-18-11 04:08 PM
    History: 284 sold... I see his feedback but how did he get his hands on so many? Something just doesn't sound right.
    I know another reason I worry its not above board. Is it worth $299 to gamble if you use Paypal?
    08-18-11 04:21 PM
    Went for it, I figure Ebay and PayPal will have 300 other really unhappy people if this doesn't pan out. In the meantime if we all get it for $299 then it is a real bargain. Even without native PIM Plus is shipping is slow it will arrive just as the killer and sweet updates and apps are pushed out too
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 08-18-11 at 04:38 PM.
    08-18-11 04:33 PM
    You guys are over analyzing this. lol. eBay offers daily deals on various products, many times electronics. They advertise it on the homepage. Sometimes you can get a really good deal. They've done it on other Tablets in the past.
    08-18-11 04:34 PM
    I know another reason I worry its not above board. Is it worth $299 to gamble if you use Paypal?
    If it's not on the up and up you will get your money back from PayPal....eventually. I had someone stiff me on auction to the tune of around $200. He never sent the item. I got my money back but it took over a month. I personally would rather find one on Craigslist for a few dollars more and go pick it up. That price just sounds too good to be true. I could be wrong...the seller might have just acquired a large lot of them some how.
    AutoPilot2020 likes this.
    08-18-11 04:36 PM
    History: 294.
    I pulled the trigger on this bad boy. I bought one for my dad a couple of weeks ago for $500 from BestBuy. Let's hope for the best. **praying**
    08-18-11 04:59 PM
    There is no reason not to buy from these guys on eBay, they are a Daily Deal Seller - which means they are more scrutinized than any other seller on eBay.

The only thing I would be concerned with, is what if you get a playbook with a dead pixel..

Then you would probably have to pay return shipping =/

BTW just so you know, if it doesn't get to you- the seller has an obligation to prove that it has been shipped AND that it was delivered with a signature.

(meaning if no one signed for it, you can open a eBay/Paypal case and win --fyi, I myself sell on eBay and I am a daily deal seller)
    Last edited by emosquito; 08-18-11 at 05:13 PM. Reason: more details
    08-18-11 05:09 PM
    I want one of these for work, but would never trust such a low (questionable) deal on ebay. I'll save a bit more money and pay full price from a local or reputable source where I can get help or a refund if any major problems.

Some of you may not think $299 is a lot of money, but it is to me and even more so if I lose it and have to fight to get it back from a seller.
    08-18-11 05:36 PM
    Picked one up at this price, can't beat it and we are covered through ebay buyer protection and paypal. nothing to lose.
    08-18-11 05:55 PM
    Wow over 400 sold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 07:45 PM
    I opted for one... For my wife... She is tired of not having flash and her iPad browser crashing anytime it uses a decent amount of memory...

I believe what we may be seeing here are recalled devices after the OS was updated from the first week... New none the less, never touched by a consumer... That is my hunch and I hope I am right!

I am content with my 64GB from release day!
    08-18-11 08:01 PM
    they say brand new in box, they have to tell you if it is a refurb if they dont you can file a complaint
    08-18-11 08:12 PM
    It does sound like grey-market. There's not that much mark-up on the PlayBook.

I'd be quite happy if RIM put a stop on any updates downloaded by products with grey-market serial numbers.
    08-18-11 08:25 PM
    I don't think a recall of un-purchased merchandise for a firmware update qualifies under refurbished status anymore than your carrier sending you a new device with updated firmware.

I hope this is what these units are since if I recall correctly it was only the 16GB units that were recalled for the OS being on a version that had issues updating for some users... Time will tell. They have a return policy and seem very legit based on their status.
    08-18-11 08:34 PM
    I do want to see the auction stop already though. I would feel better if it stopped at 500 or so.
    08-18-11 08:36 PM
152 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD