I have not been able to Backup my contacts using the Backup assisant on my phone, i keep getting "backup assistant has encountered an error" however when i sync from my verizon online, it wont send all my contacts...anyone else having this issue?
    08-18-11 12:19 PM
    I did this morning, removed the battery and it worked fine.
    08-18-11 11:43 PM
    I think there is a problem with Backup assistance across the board. I was unable to use it on my daughters dumb phone, got the same error message.
    08-19-11 12:43 AM
    Same here. I have not been able to sync since getting the 9930.
    08-20-11 01:35 AM
    Why not just use BlackBerry Protect? One of the first things I did was uninstall Backup Assistant.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    08-20-11 05:33 PM
    Me either, and I'm tired of seeing the error every morning. I even tried going to website and doing it from there. Battery pull no worky. and you know what Octacon72, GOOD IDEA. It's already set up, so back up assistant is being deleted (I can't figure out how to suspend the syncing).
    08-22-11 07:26 AM
    Why not just use BlackBerry Protect? One of the first things I did was uninstall Backup Assistant.
    does this grab contacts from backup assistant online? how does it get your contacts if you already have switched devices?

EDIT: this doesn't work if you have already switched devices. and good sync is not working for me on the 9930.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 08-25-11 at 09:23 AM.
    08-25-11 09:18 AM
    If you set up a BIS to your Gmail you shouldn't need Google Sync.
    08-25-11 10:48 AM
    I called Verizon about this, they had me delete Backup Assistant, then they had me try to re-install which, to their surprise and mine! You cant downlowad it. OS 7 doesnt allow you too, at least not at the moment..so there was nothing they could do. They said, to wait for Blackberry Desktop to be released then, i can call back....looks like its PEN and PAPER from now on.....
    08-25-11 02:25 PM
    Just use BB Protect from now on, as already mentioned. It's stupid easy to use.
    08-25-11 07:01 PM
    does this grab contacts from backup assistant online? how does it get your contacts if you already have switched devices?

EDIT: this doesn't work if you have already switched devices. and good sync is not working for me on the 9930.
    What was your old device? A BlackBerry? If so did you backup your device/contacts before making the switch? If not...do you still have the old device? Just plug it into DM and backup the contacts then transfer them to your new device. If your old device was Android export the contacts to an Outlook CSV file then sync them to your new device with DM.

Get rid of Backup Assistant and fire up BlackBerry Protect.

Once you start Backup Assistant it cannot be stopped only uninstalled.
    08-25-11 10:33 PM
    Just fire up your old device. If you have to, switch ESNs. You won't be charged anything extra. Then if you have a Gmail especially, sync all your contacts with that, then once they are safe on your Gmail account, switch back to the new phone, and add it in to your e-mail setup via BIS and it will let you sync contacts. It actually worked just fine on my 9650 when I had it earlier this year without the Google Sync program. If you can download the Google Sync program, then try that too, but don't do both BIS and Google Sync because you'll have duplicate everything.
    08-27-11 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD