Just drove back from the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI where I put a $50.00 deposit to get one of the first BB Bold 9930 from Sprint Sunday August 21st. I'm sure they'd have plenty in, but just to be on the safe side, I can stroll in at 12pm sharp Sunday, and walk to the counter and get my new BB Bold 9930 and have them activate it, and inspect it throughly, and run some apps and test the brower and let them delete the worthless stuff (PTF Files Multi-Langue...etc.) After hearing some Verizon fed-ex shipped Bold's not working properly, I wanna get a clean bill of health on my new Sprint BB Bold 9930 BEFORE I leave the store...if it's a dud, they'll just go in the back and grab me another new box unopened. Then take it home and enjoy the rest of the day getting to know my Bold!
    08-18-11 10:23 AM
    Sunday can't come soon enough.
    08-18-11 10:25 AM
    By Sunday I'll have had my 9930 for 6 days!
    soogriff likes this.
    08-18-11 10:28 AM
    By Sunday I'll have had my 9930 for 6 days!
    LUCKY!!!! Hope my Tigers can get to the WS to face your Phillies
    08-18-11 10:29 AM
    I Put my $50 down on Monday to reserve it , can't wait for the BIG wait to be over and have it already ...

Just drove back from the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI where I put a $50.00 deposit to get one of the first BB Bold 9930 from Sprint Sunday August 21st. I'm sure they'd have plenty in, but just to be on the safe side, I can stroll in at 12pm sharp Sunday, and walk to the counter and get my new BB Bold 9930 and have them activate it, and inspect it throughly, and run some apps and test the brower and let them delete the worthless stuff (PTF Files Multi-Langue...etc.) After hearing some Verizon fed-ex shipped Bold's not working properly, I wanna get a clean bill of health on my new Sprint BB Bold 9930 BEFORE I leave the store...if it's a dud, they'll just go in the back and grab me another new box unopened. Then take it home and enjoy the rest of the day getting to know my Bold!
    08-18-11 10:40 AM
    How much are they charging for a 9930 with a two-year contract extension?

ETA: I called. They're charging $249. Not worth it to me. I'm going to wait for the price drop.
    Last edited by ewick12; 08-18-11 at 11:09 AM.
    08-18-11 10:42 AM
    I can't wait! Getting mine on sunday as well...girl mentioned 20-25 in stock for sunday

Blackberry Bold 9650@ Tapatalk
    08-18-11 10:47 AM
    Did you ever find out if you get the $50 gift card off the $249 - making it $199?
    08-18-11 10:57 AM
    Did you ever find out if you get the $50 gift card off the $249 - making it $199?
    better question is who knew there were blackberry stores? (i tease - but seriously never heard of anyone get in one before)
    08-18-11 11:02 AM
    The only discount I know of is thru BlackBerry.com Tradeup, if? They're still running that program...think it's online thru them for a Visa $50 gift card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 05:44 PM
    better question is who knew there were blackberry stores? (i tease - but seriously never heard of anyone get in one before)
    Oddly enough, Farmington Hills, MI has the ONLY free standing brick and mortor BlackBerry Store in the United States...why in Farmington Hills, MI? I don't know...Just know it's kewl store...EVERYTHING BlackBerry...and just 20 mins away from me also getting it from The BlackBerry Store assures me the reps their will know the new 0S7 better than carrier reps...well I hope.

08-18-11 07:43 PM
    The only discount I know of is thru BlackBerry.com Tradeup, if? They're still running that program...think it's online thru them for a Visa $50 gift card.

They are still running the program, but as of right now, the OS7 devices are not part of it.
    08-19-11 07:00 AM
    Well hopefully after Sprint launches the BB Bold 9930, I'll see it listed as a trade up device, if the OS7's are not included, that is gonna be totally messed up.

08-19-11 08:25 AM
    Well hopefully after Sprint launches the BB Bold 9930, I'll see it listed as a trade up device, if the OS7's are not included, that is gonna be totally messed up.

I made a post about this in the News & Rumors section on a CSR responding from BB about the trade-up program here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...rogram-638442/
    08-19-11 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD