not sure what is going on, but my 2 day old (now 3 day old I guess) 9930 all of a sudden keeps switching to vibrate mode... I missed some messages and phone calls tonight, because I NEVER have it in vibrate mode...

anyone else having this problem or knows what it could be? starting to get annoying... and yes, battery pull was done, and every time I do, it automatically boots up in vibrate mode...
    08-18-11 03:58 AM
    Not sure what the issue might be, but one simple solution is to change the vibrate profile to play ring tones, assuming you really don't ever use that setting.
    08-18-11 04:01 AM
    If you hold down your Q/# key, vibrate mode will enable. Try lock your phone?
    08-18-11 04:02 AM
    yeah, I'm aware of holding down Q key will turn on vibrate function on and off, but my phone just sitting on my bed or on the table should NOT activate vibrate mode...

and no, I don't want to sacrifice vibrate mode to play audibles... thanks for the suggestion but I can't do that one, lol...
    08-18-11 04:06 AM
    I have this exact issue as well, would love to find a solution
    08-18-11 06:36 AM
    I even tried deleting all apps... still got same issue... woke up this morning in vibrate mode...
    08-18-11 01:14 PM
    I'm sort of in the same boat. My 9930 won't vibrate at all!
    08-23-11 10:48 PM
    Well my holster is to blame for my phone not vibrating at all. It wouldn't vibrate on the leaked .340 so I downgraded back to Sprint's .241 & it still wouldn't work. Now that that's been taken care of my phone switches to Vibrate on every reboot! Grrr..
    08-24-11 06:47 AM
    Mine switches to vibrate only and the wallpaper is reset to the default wallpaper on every reboot. I don't think it's ever switched to vibrate without a reboot though. I assume this will be fixed with an OS update in the future.
    08-24-11 07:15 AM
    Holding Q switches to and from vibrate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 07:16 AM
    Mine switches to vibrate only and the wallpaper is reset to the default wallpaper on every reboot. I don't think it's ever switched to vibrate without a reboot though. I assume this will be fixed with an OS update in the future.
    My wallpaper doesn't revert, but it switches to vibrate on every reboot for me as well. Never without rebooting tho. VERY annoying.

Holding Q switches to and from vibrate.
    Do know that, but it has nothing to do with it happening on reboot.

Also, just for the heck of it, put it in vibrate and did a battery pull just in case it was toggling it. But booted up in vibrate regardless of mode when the battery is pulled.
    08-25-11 12:12 PM
    My wallpaper doesn't revert, but it switches to vibrate on every reboot for me as well. Never without rebooting tho. VERY annoying.

Do know that, but it has nothing to do with it happening on reboot.

Also, just for the heck of it, put it in vibrate and did a battery pull just in case it was toggling it. But booted up in vibrate regardless of mode when the battery is pulled.
    I'm happy to report that the problem is completely gone in the latest .353 os leak.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-25-11 12:20 PM
    Just curious as to whether or not when it switches overnight, do you have it set up in the clock section to switch to a certain profile in bedside mode? If you go to clock, options, and then scroll to bedside mode make sure it says active profile instead of vibrate. That might be part of the issue. I found that problem with mine when I first got it.
    08-25-11 02:08 PM
    Anyone found a solution for this? My 9900 does the same thing. I made sure in Bed side mode it is on active profile, but still after every battery pull it boots up in Vibrate mode. Very annoying. Other than that its a great phone....apart from battery life obviously.
    10-27-11 01:56 AM
    Anyone found a solution for this? My 9900 does the same thing. I made sure in Bed side mode it is on active profile, but still after every battery pull it boots up in Vibrate mode. Very annoying. Other than that its a great phone....apart from battery life obviously.
    Updating the OS fixed it for me. I'm on the latest official Verizon release now--7.0.0.374 Check the OS threads for the latest version.
    10-28-11 07:42 AM
    If anyone were to search this, they'd find out it was addressed in .353 months ago.
    10-28-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD