The amount of complaints, whining, crying I have seen on the 9900 / 9930 forums has taken all the joy in me of getting this phone.

I have already pre-ordered it and it should arrive anytime soon now.

With all the negativity going around, I hope I don't get a half working phone.

The reviews I've seen Kevin's and other sites too, all make it sound like the best thing made ever since sliced bread.

"I dont want a touch screen" "Camera is crap" "I don't wanna lock my phone but I expect it not to tap anything accidentally waaaa" "Charger doesn't charge my phone anymore" "Phone reboots randomly", etc, etc, etc.

Seriously, is it that bad guys?

Where are all the people enjoying their 9900s? Please pop in and tell me these are just minorities because that's all I see on this forum now it's taken the fun away.
    crigga84, Speczorz, beemir and 2 others like this.
    08-17-11 09:16 PM
    It's fine. No worries. All that matters is if it's the right device for you. Nothing else matters. )
    08-17-11 09:18 PM
    I just got my phone in the mail today and have been enjoying it. I'm coming from a Moto Droid and need a navigation app, otherwise I'm very happy.
    08-17-11 09:18 PM
    Where are all the people enjoying their 9900s? Please pop in and tell me these are just minorities because that's all I see on this forum now it's taken the fun away.
    They're around, but they're far less likely to post saying how problem-free their phones are. It's just the nature of forums; you're far more likely to hear from people looking for help with issues they're having, because that's one of the main reasons why these forums exist. On the other hand, you'll also hear a lot from people that are just here to complain and spread negativity. If they don't like the phone, they'll make sure people know.

If you really want the phone, don't pay attention to either until you actually get it in your hands to try for yourself. What other people feel about your phone shouldn't matter to anyone but you.
    08-17-11 09:21 PM
    I feel the exact same way, it seems as if many people on the forum are having hardware/software issues.Is it even normal to have this many?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 09:23 PM
    Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster.

Ignore and wait. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

08-17-11 09:23 PM
    I feel the exact same way, it seems as if many people on the forum are having hardware/software issues.Is it even normal to have this many?

Yup. Actually, I was expecting a lot more than this...
    08-17-11 09:25 PM
    Thank you guys! for assuring me that I made the right choice again!

It is 6:26 AM here I cannot wait until it will be released any time during the course of the day.
    08-17-11 09:26 PM
    I don't listen to peoples whining on here. It's usually people who are overly picky. Not always but a lot of the time. I always go into thinking neutrally and then come up with my own decisions.
    08-17-11 09:28 PM
    You will like the phone don't worry and I am coming from a android device.

08-17-11 09:29 PM
    no problems since the 9th, been loving it
    08-17-11 09:30 PM
    I'm really looking forward to mine arriving. God willing, and a fast overseas courier will mean we are united by Tuesday/Wed next week.
    08-17-11 09:32 PM
    Every since I got thos phone in my hand I have been playing with it, I can not put it down, Im coming from an iphone 4. when I decided to get this blackberry the first thing I had to do was tell myself it was not an iphone and it was a blackberry. This phone is great. dont worry
    08-17-11 09:34 PM
    The majority posting about their 'problems' (edof camera, locking the touchscreen, blah blah) are a bunch of whiney children imo

My 9900 has been flawless for me after I gave up trying to struggle through swapping my phone without using the DM device swap wizard cause the whiners said it didn't work... Well, it works perfectly!
    08-17-11 09:36 PM
    Yes I have been seeing the complaints also. But you really have to recognize this is the forum. Most people in forums come here either to complain or give solutions. Basically why forum started up, a lot of complaints and people came together for solutions. Also one more thing, people won't/don't complain of something works cause they are too damn busy having fun. Complaints only come when the fun is interupted.
    08-17-11 09:37 PM
    Everyone had such high expectations since RIM has been leaking this device for like 2 years they've had it in the oven. People are a little dissapointed its still not fuly cooked. We were really hopeing it could legitimately contend with iPhone and Android but with no/very few apps available at launch(not even pandora), no WIFI hotspot, smaller battery and a sub par camera theres bound to be alot of people dissapointed. I am still exited to get the device but with all the shortcomings my mind knows I really shoudn't get it. It's just the desire to get a new phone.
    08-17-11 09:37 PM
    Its a great phone. I am really enjoying mine
    08-17-11 09:38 PM
    I fully agree that the whiners are the first to show. From the awesome pics I've seen posted, unless you want close ups of a flys **** forget about the camera naysayers. And the toddler who can't lock his phone! And I didn't bother piping in about Os's needing sometimes 24 hours to settle in to the whiner who loaded a leak. Good lawd! They all sound like a bunch of babies with full diapers. I'm going to get one soon. Waiting for the price to drop and waiting for the dust to settle. By then all the whining should calm down too. Hang in there, I am confident you will be completely happy with your choice. See you guys in the forums!

ylefrancois likes this.
    08-17-11 09:39 PM
    I actually thought the mood has been pretty good around here compared to many other device releases i've been around. There are always complainers but there have been far less for the 9900/9930 which makes me optimistic.

08-17-11 09:43 PM
    Nothing has changed on CB.

You can't speak your mind here at all without getting flamed.

The camera sux and if you say so, you're immediately called a child.

LoL

RIM is sinking. I wanted to love the 9930. Heck I left TMO after 11 yrs yesterday to get it and was hoping I would be in lourrrve with it.

Sorry, its just not a pleasure to use at all yet. The touchscreen blows, the camera blows. 340 is leaking, the browser cvrashed on me circa OS 6.0

Its not the end of the world. Its a damn phone. Don't be so **** hurt that RIM failed. Again. Argh. I wanted to love this phone.

anon(2729369) likes this.
    08-17-11 09:51 PM
    I actually thought the mood has been pretty good around here compared to many other device releases i've been around. There are always complainers but there have been far less for the 9900/9930 which makes me optimistic.

Heh. I feel the exact same way.
    hammerhead102 likes this.
    08-17-11 09:51 PM
    You can't speak your mind here at all without getting flamed.
    Oh the irony...
    MissJennell#IM and LuckyDad like this.
    08-17-11 09:56 PM
    I love my device.. no complaints at all.. uhh.. maybe that's because I knew what it was, and what I expected before jumping in and I don't ask for lame things like being able to disable the touchscreen on my purposely bought touchscreen phone lol.
    08-17-11 10:05 PM
    Not being a smart arse or anything Bla1ze but being able to disable the touchscreen at times imo would be a decent feature to have. Choice is good.
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    08-17-11 10:15 PM
    Not being a smart arse or anything Bla1ze but being able to disable the touchscreen at times imo would be a decent feature to have. Choice is good.
    Sure but you don't buy it knowing it doesn't have that as a feature.. only to complain about the lack of that capability as a feature later.
    auntrosie likes this.
    08-17-11 10:17 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD