OK. briefly.

I need a new cell phone line/plan for an area code in which i work and need a local number. I could do pre-paid, but my wife would like a blackberry, but her line (secondary) isnt up for renewal till January

A couple questions:
    -Can I add a line in the area code of my choice, get a blackberry for this line at the promo pricing, and then swap phones/lines with my wife so she gets the berry and i take her old phone as my secondary line (we'll have 3 lines total, my berry, her new one, and her old phone)? Any pitfalls to avoid?
    -How will the contracts work? Will the new number have a 1 or 2 year contract, or will it assume the timing of her old contract? (giving her line a new 2 year contract?)

thanks in advance!
    /b
    08-21-08 02:49 PM
    Yes you can add a line with just about whatever area code you want. You can swap the phone later to your wifes line..just make sure to add the email and web data plan to her line.

The new line can go with either a 1 or 2 year contract...the price of the phone will be higher however on the 1 year. Each line has their own independant contract so it will have no effect on the contracts of the other lines on your account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 04:01 PM
    ^ that is the way to go. thats what I did with my friend she got my old EnV I gpt the curve.. sweet deal
    08-21-08 08:28 PM
    great thanks!
    08-22-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD