Anyone know when ( If ) 9900 will be available on Orange in the UK......
    08-17-11 07:47 AM
    No idea. You'll likely need to call and ask them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 12:18 AM
    on their website it says "SOON"

so the "real" answer we can give is "soon".
    but maybe you should ask it on the orange (other carriers) / 9900 9930 forums.
    08-18-11 04:20 AM
    They should also get the new 9860 as well ..
    08-18-11 01:29 PM
    They told me mid September today
    08-18-11 07:14 PM
    I went into Orange asking when it would become available to Orange, and got the reply that it would be most likely mid september, maybe if you could try a place like Phones4u or CarphoneWarehouse who may have it in stock and do it on an Orange contract, either give that a try or play the waiting game?
    Matt

P.S- You could try moving contract as other Carriars are matching upto better and cheaper contracts.
    08-22-11 10:03 AM
    I was told last week tthat it would be out sometime this week, but now another rep said early Oct. I really don't know what the delay is, but it sure as **** is frustrating!
    09-20-11 04:22 PM
    I was told last week tthat it would be out sometime this week, but now another rep said early Oct. I really don't know what the delay is, but it sure as **** is frustrating!
    Rumour is that they won't release it until UMA is up and running... and that could be some time yet

09-20-11 05:42 PM
    Rumour is that they won't release it until UMA is up and running... and that could be some time yet

Hey Phill, see you've now got the 9900. Thought you didn't fancy it and was waiting for the 9790. Anyway, what do you think it?

Alan.
    09-20-11 06:50 PM
    Hey Phill, see you've now got the 9900. Thought you didn't fancy it and was waiting for the 9790. Anyway, what do you think it?

Alan.
    Yeah Alan, popped into my local store to check it out again and got offered a contract renewal I just couldn't turn down... 9900 for free and �21/month with everything thrown in

Still not totally sold on it, but the keypad is amazing!!! Will probably still buy a 9790 when they release as I miss the more compact size of the 9700/80, and sell the one I like least.

09-21-11 07:59 AM
    Just spoke to an orange representive - the phones have been delayed until early october due to issues with blanks screens errors, BBM & issues receiving email. All 5000 phonesthat were received were sent back to be fixed. They should have been ready for mod September but it's been delayed again.

He also advised if youre on Orange & go via Carphone warehouse & Phones 4U not to do so as quote "they are being returned by the bucket load" his words not mine.

Roll on October...
    09-21-11 12:08 PM
    Just spoke to an orange representive - the phones have been delayed until early october due to issues with blanks screens errors, BBM & issues receiving email. All 5000 phonesthat were received were sent back to be fixed. They should have been ready for mod September but it's been delayed again.

He also advised if youre on Orange & go via Carphone warehouse & Phones 4U not to do so as quote "they are being returned by the bucket load" his words not mine.

Roll on October...
    [RANT]

That just goes to prove beyond any doubt, that reps know absolutely nothing!!!

Blank screen errors... BS! Never even heard of that issue.
    BBM issues... possibly, but that would be a BBM issue NOT a 9900 issue!
    Email issues... utter BS, there are none. If there were, that's BIS and not the 9900!

Don't believe the hype. Orange can't get their UMA working, and until they can... no 9900, simple as!

[/RANT]

09-21-11 02:25 PM
    My Dad's just ordered his 9900 through Orange, was originally meant to be released yesterday, but now pushed back by another week. I have to wait for my billing date this month (this Saturday) and then will buy out the remaing few months on nmy contract....the phone "should be delivered some day next week" according to the Orange sales rep. Take whatever you want from that but at least they're taking orders for upgrades which has to be the most positive sign so far that its release is iminent!

10-05-11 07:31 AM
    I don't get it phones4u ( online new contracts ) have orange branded handsets in stock ready to dispatch, how can p4u supply 9900's before orange can themselves?

think im gonna give cs another try & see what they have to say today .
    10-05-11 09:19 AM
    well i've come to the conclusion that Orange CS are just making it up as they go along.

when i spoke to them last week i was told that the handset was on their system to be launched on 4th October, today is the 5th Oct and i have just been told they dont have a release date on their systems or any stock, but they should be getting them soon .
    10-05-11 09:29 AM
    Its now officially available on Orange, seems like what they were saying yesterday was true! Will have mine within a week.

10-06-11 11:05 AM
    Yep just ordered mine, will be here on Monday

Just goes to show CS don't know what the **** they are talking about as yesterday i was told they had no stock or any release date.

Looks like it wont have UMA though, no mention of this feature on the website & CS didn't have anything on their system to say it is a UMA device, hopefully it will be pushed out by orange soon.
    10-06-11 01:56 PM
    well i've come to the conclusion that Orange CS are just making it up as they go along.

when i spoke to them last week i was told that the handset was on their system to be launched on 4th October, today is the 5th Oct and i have just been told they dont have a release date on their systems or any stock, but they should be getting them soon .
    My god! There really having trouble getting that UMA working then? Why don't they just admit it.
    10-06-11 02:34 PM
    My god! There really having trouble getting that UMA working then? Why don't they just admit it.
    hahaha yeah to the point where it looks like they have released the handset without UMA enabled
    10-06-11 02:37 PM
    hahaha yeah to the point where it looks like they have released the handset without UMA enabled
    Phill was right about UMA all along then.
    10-06-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD