Software For BlackBerry� Storm� 9530 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1688 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1688
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.1041
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.456
    File name: 9530hwEastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel1688_PL4.2.0.456_A5.0.0 .1041_China_Telecom_.exe
    File size: 133.79MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    ------------------------------

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1688 (All Languages)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1688
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.1041
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.456
    File name: 9530jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1688_PL4.2.0.456_A5.0.0.1 041_China_Telecom_.exe
    File size: 175.43MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    08-17-11 05:53 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    08-17-11 05:55 AM
    This is HYSTERICAL! I had this version on my Storm for a while before I switched to an Android phone back in January! This is now coming out as official?

For the record, I LOVED my BB Storm and it was hard to give up. But now that I have been using something else, I can't imagine going back to a BB. Honestly the only thing I really miss is BBM.
    08-17-11 12:22 PM
    Yes, I am showing I downloaded the leaked version of this in late December 2010.

Remember, not everone is willing to use a leaked version. I do find it to be pretty stable and am still using it, but I am probably not much longer with my Storm. Just waiting for one of the next Verizon 4G androids.
    08-17-11 01:11 PM
    This is HYSTERICAL! I had this version on my Storm for a while before I switched to an Android phone back in January! This is now coming out as official?
    I agree. I thought I was making a mistake since it leaked back around New Year's, just like you mentioned. I even asked a Mod/friend for help looking since it seemed so crazy.

For the record, I LOVED my BB Storm and it was hard to give up. But now that I have been using something else, I can't imagine going back to a BB. Honestly the only thing I really miss is BBM.
    Hey happy you're happy. But it's not really fair to compare a 3-year-old BB, their first-ever touchscreen, to today's Androids. Not saying you wouldn't still prefer Android, just saying if you tried a 9850 or 9930 you might find more of a contender.
    Nash_Vegas likes this.
    08-17-11 02:42 PM
    Just installed and everything is running great. Pop-up keys are still functioning well, and all apps have worked great (facebook, quicklaunch, tether, vlingo, etc...)

Thanks for the tip! Still clinging to the storm. It just does everything I need it to. Especially video and maps.

*I've noticed that the speaker seems quite a bit louder during video playback.
    Last edited by Nash_Vegas; 08-19-11 at 10:12 PM.
    08-19-11 07:57 PM
    How much free memory do you guys have after install?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 07:14 PM
    I've never had over 30mb on mine, but this one's around average for me ~26mb or so with everything installed.

I know it's cliche for these, but this is the first upgrade for me since .419 and it honestly seems to be running better than it ever has.

I used to get random messaging glitches and those are gone. And all of the sounds seem to be playing louder. My home screen used to hang up between landscape and portrait with my theme (:elle and quicklaunch screen lock all used to glitch up and I haven't noticed any of those problems since the install.
    08-26-11 06:17 PM
    My app free space is about 31 mb after rebooting and I usually reboot about every 10 days. The free space really depends on how many and what apps you are loading. It also depends on how many messages you store (email, sms and mms).
    08-26-11 07:29 PM
    Also, I just noticed the speed dial bug from setting the full keyboard in portrait mode is gone!

There's more. Now when the lock button is pressed it locks just the screen, not the device. You can unlock the screen again without entering your password. This may be new in the leaks, but it's the first time I've encountered it coming from .419
    Last edited by Nash_Vegas; 08-27-11 at 10:08 PM.
    08-27-11 12:18 PM
    Quick question. I used to have a blackberry on verizon and it has 4.7 version on it. I recently unlocked it and now am on the t-mobile no contract plan. I tried to do wireless update and it fails when trying to download it. Any suggestions on how to get the most current updates/os on it? Do I h to have to have verizon to use the desktop to storm approach? Also where can I get a usb to phone connection? I do not have any of the old cables.

thanks.
    08-28-11 07:12 PM
    Now when the lock button is pressed it locks just the screen, not the device. You can unlock the screen again without entering your password. This may be new in the leaks, but it's the first time I've encountered it coming from .419
    Around when the OS 5.0 builds hit .450-.500 or so for the various devices, the Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock functionality was changed.

This thread isn't specifically for Storm, but I believe it works the same as the other devices listed:

How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock with newer OS � for Torch 9800, Bold 9700/9780/9650, Tour 9630, Curve 8900
    08-31-11 05:09 PM
    Quick question. I used to have a blackberry on verizon and it has 4.7 version on it. I recently unlocked it and now am on the t-mobile no contract plan. I tried to do wireless update and it fails when trying to download it. Any suggestions on how to get the most current updates/os on it? Do I h to have to have verizon to use the desktop to storm approach? Also where can I get a usb to phone connection? I do not have any of the old cables.
    Hahaha... not so quick, and more than one question!

Upgrading your OS using Wireless Update or Desktop Manager will only get you the latest OS that your current carrier officially released for your device.
    Since T-Mo never carried the Storm 9530, they obviously have no support for it, which means no OS releases for it.

You'll have to update using a PC. And you'll have to find, borrow, or buy the appropriate cable.

See Post #2 in this thread for a guide on upgrading your Storm's OS.
    08-31-11 05:15 PM
    Hi friends,
    I am just getting my storm 9530, which is locked by Verizon(i am not a Verizon user),unlocked.I don't know how successful will be the unlocking hence i have questions.

1) If it is not unlocked-How do i completely uninstall the OS and install 5.0.0.1041?will it work on any wireless service provider?

2)If it gets unlocked-then also how do i do the complete uninstall and then installation of OS 5.0.0.1041?

I have used JL_Cmder app to wipe the storm but i was not able to get any new OS.I also decided to downgrade OS but the Loader didn't detect my PIN. So wiping it completely and cleanly is the key.
    Thanks
    Nimesh
    09-14-11 09:51 AM
    Hi friends,
    I am just getting my storm 9530, which is locked by Verizon(i am not a Verizon user),unlocked.I don't know how successful will be the unlocking hence i have questions.

1) If it is not unlocked-How do i completely uninstall the OS and install 5.0.0.1041?will it work on any wireless service provider?

2)If it gets unlocked-then also how do i do the complete uninstall and then installation of OS 5.0.0.1041?

I have used JL_Cmder app to wipe the storm but i was not able to get any new OS.I also decided to downgrade OS but the Loader didn't detect my PIN. So wiping it completely and cleanly is the key.
    Thanks
    Nimesh
    1. the installation of the OS is the same regardless if the phone is unlocked. See links below to instructions. The 9530 is a cmda phone so it will only work on a cmda vendor unless it is unlocked. Once unlocked it should work on other vendors (GSM).

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

You may want to check this web site to see if they still offer free unlock codes. It appears that they do.

berrymods.com
    09-14-11 11:31 PM
    12-31-11 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD