what would happen if i tried to install OS7 .261 for the torch 9810 onto my 9800
    08-17-11 05:12 AM
    I don't think it would load, because the internal hard ware is completely different faster processor etc etc.
    Of course there is always the possibility of a fry up.
    I wouldn't even try.
    08-17-11 05:43 AM
    Likely end up with a useless brick.
    08-17-11 06:10 AM
    It would be wise not to try something that risky on a new, very expensive phone unless you just have money to blow. But hey if you're willing to just brick your blackberry, give it to someone else (preferably me ) they would be gratefule

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 06:13 AM
    nothing would happen. your phone identifies itself as a 9800 when plugged into the computer and the OS you install to your PC will identify itself as only being able to install on a 9810. DM and Apploader will show there is no OS/updates to install and that will be it.

you wont brick or anything....just nothing will happen. dont you think that after all the years we have OS updates, if this was possible, there would be more threads on it? the only thing you can do with OS 7, is use some of its cod files and make a hybrid. check the hybrid forum for available ones.
    rrrebo likes this.
    08-17-11 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD