So I have been using my 9900 since the release date. I have found the following bugs so far. If anyone's knows how to fix them or is also encountering the same please reply.

-no way of replying or copying to a email searched using universal search or advanced search. This drives me absolutely insane. Once I find my searched email and press the blackberry key nothing happens. No menu, nothing!

- type a bbm msg or email,hit back..and suddenly you have app switcher screen up. Everytime I hit back it comes to this window. Wait a few minutes and its back to normal the way it should be.

Hardware:

- try talking on your phone holding between your neck and face (holding with your neck) the other party can barely hear you. They must have moved the mic never used to be a issue on older bbs.

- just my berry: defect on the housing and screen. Little gap between the screen and housing. I can see the backlight from the gap, I am sure dust is going to enter this thing.

I love my 9900 still, by far the best berry but the above bugs are driving me mad.

What are the other bugs/issues you guys have found?

Rogers 9900: 7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0.464
    Last edited by fr0zen; 08-16-11 at 10:17 PM.
    08-16-11 10:14 PM
    I am also having problems with the back button (escape) bringing up the app switcher screen, I've found quickly locking and unlocking the phone quickly with the top button fixes it. Its very intermittant at this point for me, so I've only had that fix work 3 times, but that's consecutively in a row.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 10:42 PM
    Try .296 as this seems to have fixed the back button bug.
    08-16-11 10:55 PM
    So I have been using my 9900 since the release date. I have found the following bugs so far. If anyone's knows how to fix them or is also encountering the same please reply.

-no way of replying or copying to a email searched using universal search or advanced search. This drives me absolutely insane. Once I find my searched email and press the blackberry key nothing happens. No menu, nothing!
    once i hit the blackberry key i get all the normal options an email/message would get. weird bug

- type a bbm msg or email,hit back..and suddenly you have app switcher screen up. Everytime I hit back it comes to this window. Wait a few minutes and its back to normal the way it should be.
    this bug doesnt only happen with bbm or email. happens with lots of people all the time, when using a holster. are you using a holster? people have found either battery pull, or upgrade to newer os will fix it. check out the other forum posts about it.

Hardware:

- try talking on your phone holding between your neck and face (holding with your neck) the other party can barely hear you. They must have moved the mic never used to be a issue on older bbs.
    personally havent had anyone complain about my voice level. not sure thats a bug.

- just my berry: defect on the housing and screen. Little gap between the screen and housing. I can see the backlight from the gap, I am sure dust is going to enter this thing.
    i too have a gap between the back shell and the strip just beside the usb port. dust will get in there. i used a needle size dollup of clear caulk to block it. just be gentle.

The newest bug i have is that when choosing close in blackberry app world (which has been working perfectly for me) from the bb menu, it wont actually close until i make a swipe of the screen or the track pad. if i choose bb menu>close and then just put my phone down then app world will stay on the screen.

none of the bugs i've posted about previously on the forums are a deal breaker for me. been waiting for this phone for almost 3 years.
    08-16-11 10:57 PM
    well back button has an easy fix (go to vodafone release)

and yes, I just got off a conference call, if the phone isn't in the right position no one can hear you
    08-16-11 11:01 PM
    i really dont knwo what to do about this:
    Hardware:

anyone figure out a better way?
    08-23-11 10:12 AM
    i really dont knwo what to do about this:
    Hardware:

anyone figure out a better way?
    Try holding the phone with your hand

The mic is on the front of the phone, bottom right hand corner. If you hold it between your neck and left shoulder, you probably won't have this problem
    08-23-11 10:20 AM
    Back button bug here too, requires battery pull. Haven't seen it yet today though.

I would never hold this device with my face and shoulder - that's just asking for a nice fall to the ground.
    08-23-11 10:26 AM
    When I plug the phone to a headphone or 3.5 mm cable for aux input in my car. Sometimes the phone constantly switches rapidly from the 3.5 mm output and either handset or a2dp.

I have to quit the media app plug in the 3.5 mm first then open the media app.

Using 7.0.0.296 had this problem in 7.0.0.261 also, maybe hardware problem with my phones 3.5 mm jack?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 10:32 AM
    *Random freezing
    *Hidden icons re-appear after battery pull

That's all I have for now.
    08-23-11 10:44 AM
    *Random freezing
    *Hidden icons re-appear after battery pull

That's all I have for now.
    i havent experienced those yet
    08-23-11 10:54 AM
    i have the back button bug from time to time (random). i have found that rebooting the phone isnt necessary. hitting either the top lock button to lock and then unlock the phone, or hitting the alt key will usually return the back button operation back to normal.

i havent experienced any of the other listed bugs. verizon 9930 on os .254
    08-23-11 11:04 AM
    You guys should post which OS build you are using when experiencing these issues. I am using 7.0.0.317 (leaked) and have not experienced any of the software issues you are mentioning.

Every once in a while I get a "screen freeze" for about 5 seconds where no inputs can be made from the touchscreen or keyboard, thats about the only bug I have encountered so far.
    08-23-11 11:07 AM
    7.0.0.216, And everything works perfectly, expept from the occasional screen freeze, but not really too often though. Otherwise, all good!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 11:14 AM
    i have the back button bug from time to time (random). i have found that rebooting the phone isnt necessary. hitting either the top lock button to lock and then unlock the phone, or hitting the alt key will usually return the back button operation back to normal.

i havent experienced any of the other listed bugs. verizon 9930 on os .254
    The lock/unlock seems to work for the back button bug - just popped up a few minutes ago and locking/unlocking quickly resolved. Thanks! I'm sure I'll dig into leaks at some point this week.
    08-23-11 11:19 AM
    Try holding the phone with your hand

The mic is on the front of the phone, bottom right hand corner. If you hold it between your neck and left shoulder, you probably won't have this problem
    lol - great advice ( seriously) don't people know by now that you can injure your neck holding the damn phone like that?
    08-23-11 12:01 PM
    frozen, check the manual, it shows where the mic is and BB say it in the manual; "do not cover". Have you ever thought about using earpiece or bluetooth?
    08-23-11 12:34 PM
    I'm using .353 and still am getting hidden icons re-appearing. The ones that re-appear seem to be apps that are pushed by Sprint.
    08-26-11 06:58 AM
    I'm using .353 and still am getting hidden icons re-appearing. The ones that re-appear seem to be apps that are pushed by Sprint.
    Not happening on Rogers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD