So yesterday at 8:00 am I ordered two new Blackberry Bold's on VZW for 149.99 each. Today at noon I get a box from Fed Ex and am as happy as a kid at Christmas. I open up the box and take out the first Bold and look at it with glee, get it activated but notice right awaythat the reception is horrible. I call my brother who also just bought 2 9930's and as we are conversing he asks me if I have the old style or new style with touchscreen. I ask him how I turn the touchscreen on and he tell me I have the old style. Flipping VZW sent me two 9650's (old style ) bold's and not the brand new 9930's.

I bet I got some rep who wasn't trained with the new Bolds that were just released and once I said I want the new Bold she sent two of what she thought were new bolds out to me. I am seriously pissed but what can I do?

Seriously frustrated

Anthony
    Last edited by aspenedelen; 08-16-11 at 10:11 PM.
    08-16-11 09:57 PM
    You're saying Verizon sent you two Bold 9650's?
    The 9950 isn't a real device number, so I'm going to assume that's the case.

I would simply go into a Verizon store with both devices in their boxes, return them and have them ship you two 9930's.
    The reason I'm saying to go into a store is to make sure you get a 9930 on order, and not a 9650 like you're saying you received.
    You won't be able to get them in store though, since they aren't being sold in stores until the 25th.
    08-16-11 10:04 PM
    that is what I meant. I edited the post to reflect.

I was pissed because that is a pretty big f***up on someone's part at vzw sales dept but whatever now. I would assume in a day or so I'll get two new 9930's. Everything will be fine
    Last edited by aspenedelen; 08-16-11 at 10:33 PM.
    08-16-11 10:09 PM
    You should have known with the price, the Bold Touch is 249.99. But that is a big screw up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:54 PM
    When she told me the original price of 249.00 less the 2 year pricing upgrade which brings it to $199.99 then she told me there is a 50 manufacturer's discount of 50 on top of that making it 149.99 I was thrilled and thought this was a great marketing strategy to get ppl to upgrade to the new bold.
    08-17-11 05:32 AM
    You didn’t notice when you opened the box that you had the wrong phone? If you liked the 9650 at all then you’re going to be thrilled with the 9930. The new Bold feels and performs like a real premium device.
    08-17-11 06:55 PM
    Lol, that's freakin hilarious man! Although yeah, it really sucks for you.
    Hope they get you the right phones right quick.
    08-17-11 07:28 PM
    I am seriously pissed but what can I do?
    I'd get someone on the phone and get them to fix it NOW!
    08-17-11 08:10 PM
    well, here we go. I have talked to at least six different people today and what they have all told me is that (beginning of conversation) I will be charged a $35 restocking fee for opening the box and I'll pay for shipping back to place they came frm. I told them it wasn't my fault that I was sent the two wrong devices and in no way am I paying any fees or charges associated with your scew up. They then said they would waive the $35 restocking fee and shipping but not give me any type of premier pricing on the new 9930 bolds. I once again told them that in no way is this my fault and what I expect is vzw to give me the pricing on two 9930's that was quoted to me. I told them I have four lines on my account (three have data and txt attached) and have been a very profitable client to them for 10 years.

In the end they gave me pricing of $199 on my line (primary) and my wife's stays at $249. I am seriously debating taking all four lines to ATT and my brother and his wife will join us. I understand a company needing to stay with their ways but maybe 4k+ per year doesn't mean much to them.

Now, this is all about principle. They promised me two new Bold's at $149.95 and didn't deliver. I am sorry their rep screwed up but in no way is it my fault. They are famous for their customer service but no in my instance.
    08-17-11 09:16 PM
    I don't think they need to give you a discounted phone but in no way should you pay any fees. Have fun with AT&T. Bye.

08-17-11 09:54 PM
    I don't think they need to give you a discounted phone but in no way should you pay any fees. Have fun with AT&T. Bye.

dont go to at&t . not worth losing your unlimited data. verizon eventhough they send their minions(dupermario) to troll forums like these is a reliable network.

JJGeneral1, colbyo, tkong and 1 others like this.
    08-18-11 12:27 AM
    dont go to at&t . not worth losing your unlimited data. verizon eventhough they send their minions(dupermario) to troll forums like these is a reliable network.

Tiguere, in the end will I leave vzw for ATT over $100, probably not. I must agree vzw does have a excellent network expecially here in the midwest and the unlimited data and data discount is a pretty nice perk. I am just saddened that vzw wouldn't do what they initially said and send me out two 9930's for the price they quoted me.
    08-18-11 06:43 AM
    Bypass the reps and contact Verizon senior management, politely explain what happened, express your disappointment in you having a financial disadvantage because of a reps failure to perform and tell them exactly what you want.
    08-18-11 12:07 PM
    Why not try another carrier, what do you have to lose? You can return the phones and cancel during the trial period if you like.

08-18-11 12:53 PM
    Why not try another carrier, what do you have to lose? You can return the phones and cancel during the trial period if you like.

As mentioned before he has an unlimited data plan to lose if he switches. If I were ATT i would allow vzw grandfathered unlimited customers to keep it if they switch.

sent from my DInc2 with Tapatalk
    08-18-11 02:00 PM
    I was with Sprint for almost 10 years then switched to Verizon 3 years ago. Sprint is as good as Verizon in medium to large population area. In areas where there's more cows than people Verizon is better. WiMax can't touch LTE hence why Sprint is going to be transitioning to LTE. When Sprint gets the iPhone you can kiss Unlimited data good-bye just like what happened with Verizon.
    08-19-11 05:19 PM
    Does anyone have the number to anyone in Senior Management I can talk to about this debacle? I would like to get this straightened out sonner than later.
    08-19-11 07:34 PM
    Does anyone have the number to anyone in Senior Management I can talk to about this debacle? I would like to get this straightened out sonner than later.
    Call them at 2505372135

08-19-11 09:52 PM
    I am still trying to figure out why you would open the box if it was the wrong box. If it was a Nokia would you still have opened it?

08-20-11 12:27 AM
    I am still trying to figure out why you would open the box if it was the wrong box. If it was a Nokia would you still have opened it?

Yeah I don't get that either.
    08-20-11 12:00 PM
    In areas where there's more cows than people Verizon is better. .
    This. There are more cows in my area than people and I've always got full signal with Verizon whereas with Sprint, I was lucky to keep 1x.
    08-22-11 10:18 AM

I ordered two of the 9930's and that is why I didn't even think twice that what I ordered wasn't in the box.
    08-22-11 02:35 PM
    I ordered two of the 9930's and that is why I didn't even think twice that what I ordered wasn't in the box.
    Ok, so, because you ordered 2 devices, and received 2 devices, that caused you to think the picture of the 97XX on the front of the box was a 99XX. Is that right? Really?

08-22-11 03:49 PM
    Maybe you don't get my point. I ordered two new Bold's. Why on earth would I even look at the photo on the box when I have been waiting for 10 months to get a new bb.

When you walk into Best Buy and buy something you expect that particular item to be in the box. You aren't going to look at the box in detail first to make sure it is what you bought or ordered.
    Last edited by aspenedelen; 08-22-11 at 04:52 PM.
    08-22-11 04:48 PM
    Maybe you don't get my point. I ordered two new Bold's. Why on earth would I even look at the photo on the box when I have been waiting for 10 months to get a new bb.
    Uh, maybe you don't get everyone else's point....it says Bold 9650 right on the box

When you walk into Best Buy and buy something you expect that particular item to be in the box. You aren't going to look at the box in detail first to make sure it is what you bought or ordered.
    Smart people do.
    08-22-11 04:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD