I'm new, and I have searched the best I could on the matter. I'm trying to find a program to download to my curve. My friend has an iPhone, and we're always trying to "one-up" each other.

Anyway, she has a program that she can hold her phone up, let it "listen" to a song, and it will tell her the name of the song/artist/etc. Is there a program for a curve that would do the same? I don't care if it's free or a pay program.
    08-21-08 01:20 PM
    Hello and welcome!

I know Verizon has this service. Not sure about TMo or where to get it.
    08-21-08 01:22 PM

Nobex radio companion. It will tell you what song is on the radio along with the artist and album. Its free. Just look for it here at crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 01:32 PM
    08-21-08 01:38 PM

Nobex radio companion. It will tell you what song is on the radio along with the artist and album. Its free. Just look for it here at crackberry.

thank you SO much
    08-21-08 01:47 PM
    how do I install this to my BlackBerry?

nevermind...figured it out
    Last edited by SOHEEB; 09-02-08 at 06:00 AM.
    09-02-08 05:52 AM
    sweet!!! been looking for something like this!!!
    09-02-08 04:09 PM
    still my fave app!
    09-02-08 04:10 PM
    Anyone have an actual recognizer? This only works in the States!
    09-02-08 07:48 PM
    Thanx cool app haven't tried it yet hope its cool

09-02-08 08:18 PM
    does it work without internet?
    09-02-08 08:19 PM
    Doubt it as it would need a HUGE database to know the song. Not to mention constant database updates.
    09-02-08 08:22 PM
    yeah thats what i thought
    09-02-08 08:24 PM
    Thanx cool app haven't tried it yet hope its cool

I have it and it's very cool. It even tells you the commercials that were played on the station. Best part about it, if you want to "get" the song being played, they'll email you links to where you can download it, like itunes or amazon.com.
    09-03-08 12:00 AM
    Hi guys, Nobex here.

Thanks for the comments, glad you like Nobex Radio Companion. If you have any suggestions, please send those to us at [email protected], or by posting to this forum. We'll be opening our forum shortly on CrackBerry.com too.
    09-07-08 10:50 AM
    if your service is with AT&T, that app icon should already be on your curve. Its a monthly fee if you want to use it. I'm not sure what carrier you are using because I'm wap'in from my device

09-07-08 10:57 AM
    if your service is with AT&T, that app icon should already be on your curve. Its a monthly fee if you want to use it. I'm not sure what carrier you are using because I'm wap'in from my device

Hi there,

Nobex Radio Companion is completely free. I assume you were referring to some other service from AT&T. Nobex Radio Companion can be downloaded from this site, from the RIM site, or from ours: Nobex Radio Companion - Helps You Keep Your Music Collection Fresh!.
    09-07-08 11:09 AM
    NOBEX

Read earlier that the software only works for radio. Would be awsone if it worked for anywhere music is played to ID a song.
    09-07-08 11:11 AM
    Does this actually work as mentioned on the site? Seemed like last time I tried it alls it did was gather playlists from radio stations, rather than listening to the song and trying to match it with something in a database. Not as cool.
    09-07-08 11:20 AM

That's MusicID you're talking about. Nobex is a free app. MusicID costs and is loaded from AT&T.
    09-07-08 11:28 AM
    Does this actually work as mentioned on the site? Seemed like last time I tried it alls it did was gather playlists from radio stations, rather than listening to the song and trying to match it with something in a database. Not as cool.
    It works for me. You program the stations that you listen to all the time, and when you want to i.d. a song, you click on the application and it tells you that it's loading, and then it shows you the song. It can even go back and show what was played minutes prior to that time. The song is identified by a date stamp, and it's been pretty accurate from what i've seen.
    09-07-08 11:42 AM
    it would be nice if it use the mic to find out what song was playing, so you could use it inside stores/night clubs etc.
    09-07-08 01:03 PM
    it would be nice if it use the mic to find out what song was playing, so you could use it inside stores/night clubs etc.
    Thats the way the site makes it sound. Was disappointed when I downloaded it and found out it's not.

Nobex Radio Compaion is a blackberry freeware application which gives you the possibility to recognize whatever song you hear. The principle is simple, if you hear a song you like on the radio, but you can't recognize it or you don't know what the author or artist of this song is, just turn on your Blackberry with Nobex Radio Companion and put your blackberry in front of the speakers or in the air, the next thing what will happen is that Nobex Radio Companion will search on its servers for this song and send you within moments an email with detailed information about the artist and name of the song.
    09-07-08 01:22 PM
    Yes, the website is very misleading. Definitely doesnt do what they try to advertise it does.
    09-07-08 06:20 PM
    Hi there, Nobex here again.

The quoted text is NOT from our site. One reviewer thought that this is what it does, and described it in this way. As you wrote - this is NOT how it works. The official description is on our site: Nobex Radio Companion - Helps You Keep Your Music Collection Fresh!, and I think you will find the descriptions that we posted (in the store here, for instance), accurate.

Thanks.
    09-08-08 09:59 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD