Hi all,

I downloaded the newest software (OS 6) for my Bold 9700 not too long ago and ever since, I've been experiencing the white screen of death. The screen goes white very randomly and sporadically as I use the phone (could be texting, bbm, browser, or even just on the home screen). If I lock and unlock the phone, it usually goes away. Nonetheless, it's a huge irritation and happens absolutely everytime I use the phone for longer than a minute. Any solutions??

Thanks!
    08-16-11 10:44 AM
    When you were using OS 5, did it ever do this at all? Is your device under warranty still? Has the screen been replaced before via warranty repair? Did you happen to subject your blackberry to any shock such as dropping it? If so, which part of it happened to make contact first?
    Edit: If you shake your blackberry, or palm it in your other hand, does the screen flicker or go white, or go back to normal?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 11:41 AM
    Try a different build of BB6 maybe.
    08-16-11 11:42 AM
    When you were using OS 5, did it ever do this at all? Is your device under warranty still? Has the screen been replaced before via warranty repair? Did you happen to subject your blackberry to any shock such as dropping it? If so, which part of it happened to make contact first?
    Edit: If you shake your blackberry, or palm it in your other hand, does the screen flicker or go white, or go back to normal?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, this never happened when i was using OS 5. Unfortunately, the warranty was up in July so I can't send it back. Screen has never been replaced and I'm sure I've dropped my phone a few times, but it's never been a hard fall. Shaking does not help, although I have seen it flicker to green or purple sometimes. But again, locking and unlocking will make it go back to normal.
    08-16-11 02:16 PM
    I wish someone could give a response to this old thread. My friends 9700 is doing this same thing on BB6. I just recently got a new defender case for her, and it only started to do it with this holster. If you do shake it, it does dim in and out. Thought it could've been a magnet problem, but I popped the magnet out, and it still does it right before making contact with the face to the holster.
    07-28-12 06:29 PM
    I read in another thread that the curve or pearl (can't remember?) has 4 solder points behind the screen and they would short out causing the intermittent problem......
    08-17-12 01:20 PM
    I would try going back to OS5 to see if the issue still occurs.
    08-18-12 12:01 PM
    Idk y the guy deleted his comment from yesterday? Anyway, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the case and putting pressure on it to make it short out. ty.
    08-18-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD