Hello everyone,

So I haven't gotten my 9900 yet because Rogers retention has really tightened up. Anyway i was looking though the accessories online and saw the pocket pouch for the 9900. I currently have a 9780 along with the black oem pocket pouch, I don't know if any of you had this problem but after a few months the top of the case tends to peel. So as i was looking at the new pocket pouch for the 9900 I noticed that the whole top is stitched so it cannot peel. I posted the 2 links below to show you the difference. Anyway just wanted to let the pocket pouch users know because I know after my 9780 pouch I was never going to buy another one. Does anyone have the pocket pouch for the 9900 that had it with the 9780? Can you notice the difference?

9900 pocket pouch

9780 pocket pouch
    bigbamboo likes this.
    08-16-11 08:17 AM
    I typically buy a 3rd party pocket pouch. I don't like how the Blackberry branded pouches expose part of the top.

The past couple I have bought are from beyzacases. They cover the whole phone. It is stitched all the way around, and a little cut-out so you can still see the LED. At least this is how it is on my 9650. I'm hoping to get something similar for my 9930 that is showing up today!!!
    08-16-11 09:51 AM
    I typically buy a 3rd party pocket pouch. I don't like how the Blackberry branded pouches expose part of the top.

The past couple I have bought are from beyzacases. They cover the whole phone. It is stitched all the way around, and a little cut-out so you can still see the LED. At least this is how it is on my 9650. I'm hoping to get something similar for my 9930 that is showing up today!!!
    By any chance did it contain a magnet for the sleep function because i hate that the oem ones expose the phone as well.
    08-16-11 09:58 AM
    By any chance did it contain a magnet for the sleep function because i hate that the oem ones expose the phone as well.
    It does have the sleep magnet.

I just went to the website. It says "Coming Soon" under the 9900 tab. Hopefully my 9650 pouch will work till they come out with one.

I will give it a try today when it shows and let you know.
    TheDroidKid likes this.
    08-16-11 10:03 AM
    I just purchasd my pouch last night. Nice quality campared to the one I had from my 9800. It is stiched all the way around and it is now padded on the inside on both the front and back. Time will tell to see how it holds up but it seems much better then the old pouches.
    TheDroidKid likes this.
    08-16-11 10:06 AM
    Hello everyone,

So I haven't gotten my 9900 yet because Rogers retention has really tightened up. Anyway i was looking though the accessories online and saw the pocket pouch for the 9900. I currently have a 9780 along with the black oem pocket pouch, I don't know if any of you had this problem but after a few months the top of the case tends to peel. So as i was looking at the new pocket pouch for the 9900 I noticed that the whole top is stitched so it cannot peel. I posted the 2 links below to show you the difference. Anyway just wanted to let the pocket pouch users know because I know after my 9780 pouch I was never going to buy another one. Does anyone have the pocket pouch for the 9900 that had it with the 9780? Can you notice the difference?

9900 pocket pouch

9780 pocket pouch
    I don't have the pocket pouch for either of the 2 Bolds that you listed above, but I still am using my Curve 8330 in which came with a pocket pouch that is stitched around the entire top. I have had this phone for 3 years now and the pocket pouch is just now showing signs of wear. The leather is slowly cracking/drying out, but I have not had any peeling at the top. There is one section that the leather has completely wore out and is no missing in the top corner, but the stitching has held for 3 years now and the case never had any peeling issues. I know this isn't the exact same case, but does have a similar stitching pattern/style so it should amount to a good comparison.
    08-16-11 10:07 AM
    I like pocket pouches...it makes the device look really stylish and posh.
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-16-11 at 10:22 AM.
    08-16-11 10:10 AM
    I really like the OEM holster that came with the phone.. i just HATE belt clips as well...

i;m debating to just rip off the clip.. but it won't be as flush.. i really with they made one EXACTLY like the holster with the flap and SMOOTH leather instead of the faux alligator skin
    08-16-11 10:16 AM
    double post sorry
    08-16-11 10:17 AM
    I really like the OEM holster that came with the phone.. i just HATE belt clips as well...

i;m debating to just rip off the clip.. but it won't be as flush.. i really with they made one EXACTLY like the holster with the flap and SMOOTH leather instead of the faux alligator skin
    haha i actually did that for my 9780 i took the clip off. There 2 clips you push together and it pops off, however you stuck with a bulky ugly backing. But i know what you mean a nice pouch with a magnetic flap would be amazing!
    08-16-11 10:26 AM
    HATE belt clips as well. Got the new OEM pouch and it is great.

Cheers
    08-16-11 10:36 AM
    haha i actually did that for my 9780 i took the clip off. There 2 clips you push together and it pops off, however you stuck with a bulky ugly backing. But i know what you mean a nice pouch with a magnetic flap would be amazing!
    really? where?
    08-16-11 10:42 AM
    I like pocket pouches...it makes the device look really stylish and posh.
    +1 on Pocket Pouches.Protects almost the entire phone while allowing it to stay in your pants pocket and not be dangling on the outside of your waist. Plus it doesn't detract from the sleekness of the 99xx's design like,say,an Otterbox or other full case would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 10:46 AM
    really? where?
    I have not tried it with the 9780 case i did it with my 9700 case. Notice the clips in the picture below. You need to squeeze the clips I used needle nose pliers.

08-16-11 10:58 AM
    I have not tried it with the 9780 case i did it with my 9700 case. Notice the clips in the picture below. You need to squeeze the clips I used needle nose pliers.

ahhh yah.. i c ; >

hmmm u'll still have those clips there though.. wish there was a way to get the clips out as well
    08-16-11 11:19 AM
    Got my pocket pouch for my 9900 the other day, I'm very impressed with it. The quality seems much better than the one I used with my 9780, and the padding on the inside and stitching along the top is great. Pic can be seen here:

Or just go here: http://twitpic.com/670b96

or @murkjenkins on Twitter...image URL plugin doesn't seem to like twitpic
    TheDroidKid likes this.
    08-16-11 11:43 AM
    ahhh yah.. i c ; >

hmmm u'll still have those clips there though.. wish there was a way to get the clips out as well
    Yeah I know that's why I put it back on. I was thinking of maybe snipping them off and maybe sanding it down so that only the black box is left. I'll try it when I get my 9900 so I won't need this case if I mess it up.
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    08-16-11 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD