Hey guys, So I lost my bb on sunday, and i was simply wondering if i should file a claim through Asurion insurance, or simply tough it out and wait for the 9900 to hit Tmobile, and btw i do have a second cellphone that i use for work, can help me survive if waiting is the decision... Your opinion would really help me out here and would be greatly appreciated!

Just sucks, wish the person that found it was kind enough to return the phone.
    08-16-11 12:14 AM
    Geez, bad luck. I'd wait for the 9900 if I were you. Shouldn't be long.
    08-16-11 12:33 AM
    I'd say if you can wait then the 9900 with the OS 7, would be a great choice. Do give it a little time.
    08-16-11 01:22 AM
    I'd probably buy a used 9700 and then upgrade to the 9900 when it becomes available in your area. Or else you can get a 9900 from Canada if you're not too far away from here as it's already on sale in our neck of the woods ;-)
    08-16-11 11:45 PM
    I'd probably buy a used 9700 and then upgrade to the 9900 when it becomes available in your area. Or else you can get a 9900 from Canada if you're not too far away from here as it's already on sale in our neck of the woods ;-)
    Rogers has it, telus does, bell does. But you'll be getting EDGE. But at least you'll have a brand-smacking new device
    Or grab a curve 3G and you'll have something similar to the 9700: Same memory, lower res screen (320x240 from 480x360, not much of a big difference), no flash, easier to type keypad. Save the $$$ until then, you'll have a spareberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 12:13 AM
    Good call, didn't notice Made_in_RIM was on T-mo :-)
    08-17-11 12:16 AM
    Haha, Bla1ze just posted an article on the CB homepage saying that the 9900 is now available from T-mo as of today :-D You can find the article here: T-Mobile launches the BlackBerry Bold 9900, its first 4G BlackBerry smartphone! | CrackBerry.com
    08-17-11 12:25 AM
    I would say file a claim for 9700 on insurance. Get 9900 and sell your surplus requirements(9700). Or am I missing something obvious here!?

08-17-11 04:34 PM
    I don't know about yours Coffee Addict, but when it comes to my insurance, there's a deductible that make claiming smaller things such as an older BlackBerry not worth it as there's practically nothing left after the deductible. I'm assuming the OP either doesn't have home insurance or if he/she does, it's not very likely to be worthwhile claiming the BlackBerry under it.

08-17-11 07:07 PM
    I say wait and get the 9900

08-17-11 08:34 PM
    I would wait, too. We're supposed to be getting it at T-mo on the 31st. Not too long of a wait if you can get by without it.

BlackBerry Protect is pretty good for locating a lost phone. I've never lost mine but I checked for it on the website's map and the location was very accurate.

My wife bought the insurance too, and after I read through the contract, I could see there is a lot of "outs" in there limiting payouts or replacements.

Hope this helps,
    08-19-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD