I know its been asked a few times already, and I wish to apologize in advance, just a little confused with Rogers website and truthfully not sure how much I need.

Heres the situation:

-Going to USA for one week (Wednesday to Wednesday)
    -Have Torch 9800
    -Would like to use BBM
    -Send and receive a few txts while Im there to USA numbers and CDN numbers
    -Would like to leave my email on so that I receive my emails daily on my Blackberry (approximately receive 20 emails per day and send 10 if that)
    -Thats about it

Dont need any voice minutes as i wont be calling, just the above mentioned.

Which is my best option from Rogers add on pack?

Thank you in advance.
    TMl26
    08-15-11 06:20 PM
    They have some new roaming passes for just one day or a week you can look at them here.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/ad...e?tab2_content
    08-16-11 08:46 AM
    Having been royally screwed by International Data roaming charges (5 days in Chicago, $150 roaming charges with minimal use similar to what you described.) I would suggest that you get your device "Unlocked" and simply get a pay as you go plan in the USA. Slid in the SIM card and problem solved.

It will be much cheaper.

I do this for the USA and Europe. I have a USA SIM Card (Verizon) and Europe (Vodafone) I learned my lesson. (I have a second BB that I use for travelling only so in an Emergency I can always be reached on my primary number)

Only "Disadvantage" is I 2 carry 2 BB's while travelling.

IMO Rogers data roaming packages suck. For the same money you can get a I Month USA Plan.
    Last edited by Underdogz; 08-21-11 at 07:40 AM.
    08-21-11 07:18 AM
    IF you purchase a package on Rogers it is very affordable to travel with a BlackBerry into the USA,

That said, IF you don't want people calling or txting you a prepaid card while in the US is ideal since you lose your number.

I pay $10/month and $1/MB while traveling to the US on Rogers, I don't send sms so I don't have a package for that.
    08-21-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD