I used my hardware upgrade last may I believe and I want to get the new 9900 through rogers. I am willing to pay the 200$ ECF fee but am wondering if there is any way that I can get out cheaper. could I change the plan on the contract to pay as you go then just let it expire. i am just looking for options so that i can get the 9900 on a new 3 year plan but get out or make my previous contract the cheapest it can be.

any advice or input would be greatily appreciated

thanks
    08-15-11 01:08 PM
    You can't change it to a pay as you go. You'll have to wait or you can upgrade early like I did, and it looks like you have the 9800 so they charge 15$ a month for every month you have remaining on your contract until you're supposed to be eligible. So multiply your number of months by 15 and then add the price of the phone at the 3 year term price and thats how much you'll have to pay.
    08-15-11 04:14 PM
    Blackberry Torch is considered a premium smartphone (torch and iphone 4). These phones are on a 30 month hardware upgrade eligibility (as are all other smartphones). However, being premium smartphones, they are $20 a month for every month left. So you would be looking at a probably about a $300 early upgrade fee.

To cancel your voice contract it is $20 a month for each remaining month (maximum $400, minimum $100) and to cancel your data contract, your looking at $5 each remaining month (maximum $100, minimum $25). Being that you have 21 months left, you would be looking at a $500 early cancellation fee.

Your best bet is to contact retentions to see if they can work out something better, or sell your torch on ebay or kijiji (retailing 250-350) and just buy the new bold outright.
    08-16-11 12:30 AM
    Blackberry Torch is considered a premium smartphone (torch and iphone 4). These phones are on a 30 month hardware upgrade eligibility (as are all other smartphones). However, being premium smartphones, they are $20 a month for every month left. So you would be looking at a probably about a $300 early upgrade fee.

To cancel your voice contract it is $20 a month for each remaining month (maximum $400, minimum $100) and to cancel your data contract, your looking at $5 each remaining month (maximum $100, minimum $25). Being that you have 21 months left, you would be looking at a $500 early cancellation fee.

Your best bet is to contact retentions to see if they can work out something better, or sell your torch on ebay or kijiji (retailing 250-350) and just buy the new bold outright.
    thats lame...when did it change from 24 months?
    08-17-11 12:28 AM
    about a year ago...
    08-17-11 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD