Hey Guys,

I just had a discussion with someone about the missed call indicator. The person told me that someone set their Bold 9780 up so that the missed call indicator would never show, even when a call is missed. Instead the only notification that they would receive if a call was missed was via the voicemail icon, if a message was left.

I informed them that as far as I knew the missed call indicator could not be hidden or turned off. The only thing I know of is preventing the Call Log from being shown in the Messages folder, which this person was adament was not how they originally had the phone set-up.

If anyone out there has any information on how to do it, or if it is even possible to do I would love if you could share it with me!

Thanks in advance!
    08-15-11 09:55 AM
    There is no missed call indicator on a BlackBerry.

You'll need a 3rd party app like BeBuzz to show notifications for missed calls.
    08-15-11 10:08 AM
    When I miss a call (just tried calling myself and let it ring) I get an icon that is a yellow phone receiver symbol with a red "x" to the right of it and then a number indicating how many calls I have missed, in this case 1.

Would that not be a missed call indicator?
    08-15-11 10:33 AM
    That's a missed call notification.

I thought you meant indicator, as in the led flashing... which it won't without a 3rd party app

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    08-15-11 10:41 AM
    Not a problem. I was thinking as I typed that we were thinking the same thing with two different names lol!

But there is no way to hide the notification icon so it doesn't come up is there?

Thank you again!
    08-15-11 10:57 AM
    Nope, I don't believe there is a way to hide it.
    08-15-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD