Just to keep things a little more organized. Post up your stories, first impressions, unboxing pics here!

Tell us what you like about the device and what you dont like....
    08-15-11 07:26 AM
    I have had mine for over a month. I like it.

That is all.
    08-15-11 05:33 PM
    Greg - After a months use, how do you feel about the bottom buttons?
    08-16-11 02:56 AM
    I have had mine for over a month. I like it.

That is all.
    wanna sell/trade it to me??
    08-16-11 03:04 AM
    I think we also need a thread for those that can't get it, cause MTS in Winnipeg has no idea when or if it will be available.
    08-16-11 04:58 PM
    Greg - After a months use, how do you feel about the bottom buttons?
    The buttons do not bother me. I am also a Samsung Galaxy S2 that is all touch except the home button. Both work well and I find nothing wrong with the 9860 buttons. Others it is driving them crazy!

wanna sell/trade it to me??
    I am keeping mine but if you really want one, I can get a new AT&T units with factory plastic for $1k plus shipping. That is what my contact charges me. These are not test units but full AT&T units with all of their AT&T stuff installed.
    08-18-11 08:47 AM
    Just wait a few more days... they will be on craigslist and kijiji for 500 bones unlocked!
    08-18-11 10:30 PM
    The buttons do not bother me. I am also a Samsung Galaxy S2 that is all touch except the home button. Both work well and I find nothing wrong with the 9860 buttons. Others it is driving them crazy!

I am keeping mine but if you really want one, I can get a new AT&T units with factory plastic for $1k plus shipping. That is what my contact charges me. These are not test units but full AT&T units with all of their AT&T stuff installed.
    how do u like the SGS2?

any pics?
    08-19-11 09:27 PM
    I can't wait to add my comments to this thread come Sunday morning. Whoohoo! I'm insanely paying full price as I'm NO WHERE near upgrade yet, but I don't care. I had a Torch for a while, but couldnt' stay with ATT...so I'm definately excited about this...
    08-20-11 12:24 AM
    Where are all the sprint users that were saying they wanted this phone and couldn't wait and were gonna get it as soon as it comes out?
    It would be nice to hear some real world reviews on build quality and how this thing really functions from real people.
    08-21-11 03:55 PM
    Got mine today, so far only let down is no Weatherbug on BB AppWorld. Everything so far so good, jives with the Playbook on both tether and bridge, virtual keyboard is way better than I thought it was going to be! Very Happy :-)
    08-21-11 05:41 PM
    Those of us still up in the air about getting the new bold or torch demand some pictures lol
    Last edited by RellyRellz; 08-21-11 at 07:52 PM.
    08-21-11 06:00 PM
    Hey guys. I know lots of us Storm users are disappointed in the Crackberry reviews of this device. I want a review from a pure touchscreen user perspective. Would anybody do the honour of write an extensive re-review of the Torch 9850/9860 directed towards touchscreen users only? It would be much appreciated!
    08-21-11 06:57 PM
    The request for a non partial review is going to be difficult if us Sprint people have never had a touchscreen. I personally only had a EVo for about a week before I went back to my 9650. Not because I didn't like the touchscreen, but because it was NO blackberry. I am a faithful blackberry addict. And so far, the 9850 is everything that I wanted it to be. The touchscreen is easy to use, responsive and as accurate as any other touch screen I've seen. The people that say its hard to use in portrait I can't agree with. I wouldn't think it any harder to use than an iPhone keyboard in portrait. So...yeah, I got one...I'm happy.
    chiefbroski and that_maynard like this.
    08-21-11 09:10 PM
    I purchased my 9850 today from Sprint. I'm moving up from a AT&T 9700.

So far, I like it. It's definitely lighter than the 9700, and I'm used to not having a physical keyboard since my wife has a Galaxy S.

The activation over WiFi to my BESX server was smooth, although for the first time ever (over 5 years), I had an activation error - two saved messages (out of four) didn't migrate. I don't think I'm going to miss them.

For browsing, I have noticed the browser "lock up" for about 5-10 seconds, but only when in landscape mode, and only on one particular site. It's probably because of some heavy javascript, and when I switched to portrait, the issue went away. Take this with a grain of salt, as this is not a statistically significant sample size to make any determination as to the performance of the browser.

Flipping through pictures on the SD card is VERY snappy, especially when compared to the stuttering from my 9700.

BIS email setup through the setup wizard was very easy for one of my Google Apps email accounts.

I also have Google Voice, and I love the integration Sprint has with GV. No longer will I have to select "call from google voice" when I make an outbound call - when I added the Sprint phone number to my GV account, it asked me if I wanted to change my GV number to my Sprint number OR make it so my phone defaults to using my GV number for calls and texts. VERY nice.

One minor issue here - the Google Voice app (downloaded from m.google.com) is not ready for the 9850. The main screen is tiny, and when I exit, it "blanks" the screen. I can click the application key, and it'll pop up the menu and let me switch to an application, and then select home to get back to home. I suspect this behavior is one of the reasons why many of the apps that I had on my 9700 are showing as not available for my 9850 in the App Store.

My SiriusXM app doesn't work - I put in my login information and it says the service is temporarily unavailable. Still works on my 9700.

Application Storage space is showing 156.1 MB. I have probably around half my applications loaded, but almost all of the big ones (Facebook, AstraSync, etc) are already on. I haven't cleaned up any of the pre-loaded stuff from Sprint, and I've actually installed some of them to take a look.

Sprint/RIM did not include any holster or sleeve for the phone, and I'll be taking a look through shopcrackberry.com to find something for it.

So, final verdict? I like it. It's fast, the important (for me) apps run, and I'm no longer jealous of my wife's Android device.
    08-21-11 09:15 PM
    I also like the phone. The battery life is excellent so far too, am pretty impressed that I still have a 55% charge after deleting various apps and installing others. Also done some web surfing, email, and phone calls with it. First turned the phone after charging it to full at about 5 PM yesterday.

Has anyone figured out how to delete more than one email or test message at a time on this phone yet?
    08-22-11 06:24 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to delete more than one email or test message at a time on this phone yet?
    If it is like the Storm, just highlight multiple messages then delete.
    08-22-11 09:19 AM
    If it is like the Storm, just highlight multiple messages then delete.
    How do I do that? That was how I thought to do it, but I haven't figured out how to highlight more than one email/text message yet. Do I need the virtual keyboard to do that?
    08-22-11 09:52 AM
    Two fingers, one on the first and one on the last.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Richard1864#CB likes this.
    08-22-11 10:08 AM
    I ordered mine Yesterday so it should be here some time this week, hopefully tomorrow. I played with it in the store and it seemed fast, made my 9800 look bad. I played with the keyboard some and it seemed ok but i couldn't hold it right cause it was attached to the display. If the keyboard is just like my torch it would be great.
    08-22-11 10:24 AM
    So far, so good. Really impressive battery life and good call quality/vibrating ringer strength. I really typing well with the SureType keyboard in portrait and the QWERTY keyboard in landscape. Also LOVE having the option of using the trackpad. You still see the spinning clock thing but only when installing new apps. Haven't seen it once during regular use. Sure can't say that about my 9650. One more thing, the boot times are FAST.

Looked at the 9930 but it was just too bulky and the screen wasn't really larger than my old 9650.
    08-22-11 10:36 AM
    Looked at the 9930 but it was just too bulky and the screen wasn't really larger than my old 9650.
    Too bulky? I think that's the first time I've heard the 9930 referred to in those terms! Many people think it's too light, but bulky? The screen is noticeably larger than the 9650 though, to the point that my son is considering switching from the S2 to the 9930.
    08-22-11 10:41 AM
    Picked my Torch up yesterday afternoon. By the way it was a touch choice with the 9930--that thing is sweet--looks fantastic and amazingly light yet solid. Desktop Manager made the transition easy--only have to re-invite my BBM contacts. Quick points on the device after moderate use--say 6 hours of total actual use.

Love the screen and picked up the very nice BB soft shell that Kevin showed from fan nite--see pics. The responsiveness to touch is good, little gimmicky on the web when selecting links: a quick touch may work but not always and then holding to get the options such as Open Link does work--nice options when holding to share the link and other actions--well thought out.

Learning quickly with the virtual keyboard--biggest issue is the size of the 'keys' which is difficult to change and my wide thumbs. The auto-correct and predictive text does seem a hair slow but is very functional. I do not have a ton of experience outside of the playbook with virtual keyboards so can't compare to iOS, Android et. al.

Only a couple of small gripes: when surfing the virtual keyboard is missing the '.com' button on the Playbook--that would be nice to have--we get spoiled quickly don't we?

Battery life appears like it will be very good. After about 3 hours of moderate web and BBM use on 3G with a full charge I am down to 80%--so about 15 hours if averaged out. So ought to be good after things settle out.

I will try to go through a detail review after a couple days of use. So far a happy camper and think RIM has a good starting effort.
    widderschynnes and intheb0x like this.
    08-22-11 10:44 AM
    i just got mine this morning and since nobody posted any pics yet i guess i will

08-22-11 10:49 AM
    Too bulky? I think that's the first time I've heard the 9930 referred to in those terms! Many people think it's too light, but bulky? The screen is noticeably larger than the 9650 though, to the point that my son is considering switching from the S2 to the 9930.
    You might want to have your son's eyes checked if he thinks that the 9930 screen is anywhere near the S2. LOL

As for being bulky, it's not the weight but the overall size relative to the small screen. It's certainly larger than the Bold and the screen is only 0.3" larger diagonally.
    08-22-11 10:49 AM
402 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD