I haven't seen anyone else reporting the problem I have. Often (and I mean often) my playbook will stop loading websites. The progress bar on the browser hangs somwhere in the middle. No amount of stopping and reloading, or switching applications and refreshing or anything will get that website to load. The website could be anything...I am confident that it's the playbook having problems and not the website. Also I can use other webtools, so I know it's not my network.

The only temporary fix seems to be rebooting my playbook, which takes like 5 minutes. Very annoying if you just want to check one thing on a website.

Does anyone have a better solution than a restart? Or, is there an alternative browser I could try? I'm getting pretty fed up.
    08-15-11 07:24 AM
    I get this when I am browsing with several tabs and switching back and forth quickly. The solution I use is closing and reopening the browser, no need to restart the whole system. I hope this issue is addressed asap.
    08-15-11 08:20 AM
    Yep I get that at times as well, closing and restarting the browser usually works. Most of the I clear the cash and all too.
    08-15-11 08:46 AM
    How do you clear the cache?
    08-15-11 02:30 PM
    While in the browser, swipe down from the top bezel and select "Options", I think it's called. Then there are selections on the left.
    08-15-11 02:34 PM
    Turning off wifi and re enabling fixes this as well.

Its ******* annoying.

Normally wiping the tablet and starting fresh resolves the issue until the next update..
    08-15-11 04:22 PM
    sorry: can you provide more details? What do you mean "wiping" the tablet? And, what do you mean fixes until next update? That sounds promising!
    08-16-11 07:22 AM
    Wiping like on the phones and reinstalling the OS. There is a tutorial on how to that with the playbook on here if you search for it.
    08-16-11 07:35 AM
    Mine did this too - fixed it by restarting the browser.
    08-21-11 04:14 PM
    Status bar hangs up about halfway then when I reload the page the page quickly loads. This happens almost every other time. I have the newest updates installed. When is OS 2.0 coming this thing is very buggy. Also only multitasks sometimes will just crash when it feels like it. Cmon RIM.
    11-29-11 04:12 PM
    Status bar hangs up about halfway then when I reload the page the page quickly loads. This happens almost every other time. I have the newest updates installed. When is OS 2.0 coming this thing is very buggy. Also only multitasks sometimes will just crash when it feels like it. Cmon RIM.
    What phone do you have? Is this over bridge or on wifi?
    11-29-11 04:27 PM
    I haven't seen anyone else reporting the problem I have. Often (and I mean often) my playbook will stop loading websites. The progress bar on the browser hangs somwhere in the middle. No amount of stopping and reloading, or switching applications and refreshing or anything will get that website to load. The website could be anything...I am confident that it's the playbook having problems and not the website. Also I can use other webtools, so I know it's not my network.

The only temporary fix seems to be rebooting my playbook, which takes like 5 minutes. Very annoying if you just want to check one thing on a website.

Does anyone have a better solution than a restart? Or, is there an alternative browser I could try? I'm getting pretty fed up.
    I had this problem with the current OS and with OS2 Beta except the Playbook would lockup entirely, sometimes coming out of the lockup tens of minutes later. I've installed the Android Browser, Dolphin HD and never looked back. The UI is much better too. I found the Playbook browser too hard to close tabs with that tiny x icon and scrolling sort of laggy. Hopefully they'll fix this by February.
    11-29-11 06:02 PM
    ok, I got my playbook a week ago and i was loving it, until it started hanging while loading web sites. The solution that worked for me is as follows: Click on wifi logo on main desktop, then click on wifi logo on next page then in (select a network) change to saved networks, exit and the problem should be gone. It worked for me
    11-29-11 07:21 PM
    I had this problem with the current OS and with OS2 Beta except the Playbook would lockup entirely, sometimes coming out of the lockup tens of minutes later. I've installed the Android Browser, Dolphin HD and never looked back. The UI is much better too. I found the Playbook browser too hard to close tabs with that tiny x icon and scrolling sort of laggy. Hopefully they'll fix this by February.
    Where do you get Dolphin HD?
    11-29-11 08:28 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...erting-662497/
    Last edited by mtx69; 11-29-11 at 08:58 PM.
    11-29-11 08:32 PM
    I had the same problem and found that it wasn�t a problem with the browser, but that wi-fi was actually getting dropped (despite the green indicator lights). You can verify by also not being able to connect to App World, etc.
    The solution for me was to connect to the router using the �Enter PIN into Router� option (PIN option is required). I don�t know why it works, but it does. Haven�t had a problem since unless I were to restart PB (so I make sure I just use the standby button instead). I don�t know if the new OS fixes this, but I�m not going to upgrade since mine is working perfectly as is.
    Note: my router is D-Link. I�ve connected to other routers without having to use this method. Is the problem D-Link specific? I don�t know � but it might solve your problem.
    11-30-11 02:39 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem.
    Do you have to upgrade to the OS 2.0 Beta in order to install the Android Browser?
    I've suspected that its my wifi connection but don't by the PIN connection method. Once you've got a connection to the router, the specific method of security authentication shouldn't matter. And I've tried both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz radios on my DIR-825 to verify it's not that.
    12-02-11 02:46 PM
    Ive had the same issue, hopefully os 2 fixes this bug. It really is annoying. Started a cupple of days after i bought it.
    12-02-11 04:55 PM
    fyi sometimes the qnx browser hangs. just how it is. if it feels frozen, switch apps and come back. should fix it. most common on flash intense websites.
    12-02-11 05:43 PM
    I had this same damned problem for awhile... Then I started taking my PB with me where ever I went... After trying different networks, I noticed my Belkin Router was to blame... I bought a Netgear N300 WDR2000 and my PB screams now... No site hang-ups and 25mbps down / 5mbps up
    12-02-11 09:58 PM
    I have the exact same problem but EVERYTIME I use the browser. I've found I hit the same page several times in a row, it gets better each time. First time it will show "untitled" and make about 40% progress. Next time it will say "Yahoo" and make about 60% progress. Next time (or the time after that) it will actually load the webpage. I've tried everything people say here and it just doesn't work. No wonder RIM is dying...releasing this buggy crap.
    12-04-11 09:00 AM
    I have the exact same problem but EVERYTIME I use the browser. I've found I hit the same page several times in a row, it gets better each time. First time it will show "untitled" and make about 40% progress. Next time it will say "Yahoo" and make about 60% progress. Next time (or the time after that) it will actually load the webpage. I've tried everything people say here and it just doesn't work. No wonder RIM is dying...releasing this buggy crap.
    Using it over bridge or wifi?
    12-04-11 09:05 AM
    Hi i was having keyboard problems and connection problems since the new update those problems have been eliminated for the most part
    12-04-11 11:27 AM
    I am constantly expiriencing the same irritating freez-ups. Nothing seems to fix the issue. I tried doing everything that was posted as possible solutions. Will RIM fix their crappy browser? I have $69 generic android tablet that works better than the Playbook. It is slow, but it never freezes and renders all pages without a problem. I am software engineer and it makes me wonder how low quality and buggy Product like this could get to the market place. Don't they test their browser? I mean if you can not browse with the Playbook what else you could possibly use it for? Especially when taking in account that there are like two apps available in the so called market place. This is my first RIM product and i am not amused at all. The price i paid was ok, but aparently even $300 is way too much for undercooked tablet.
    12-11-11 02:44 PM
    ok, I got my playbook a week ago and i was loving it, until it started hanging while loading web sites. The solution that worked for me is as follows: Click on wifi logo on main desktop, then click on wifi logo on next page then in (select a network) change to saved networks, exit and the problem should be gone. It worked for me
    This worked for me too. Thanks!
    12-12-11 05:07 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD