RIM always gets me w/ the simple excitement of getting the latest blackberry, that I've always been too impatient to wait for another color to be released (got the titanium bb curve, but later wanted the gold; got the black bb 9700, but later wanted it in white etc).. But I've smartened up! For yeeaaars I've been waiting to own a bb in white and this time I'm gonna wait it out- hopefully the price will go down too. Haha. I believe I'll be ditching t-mofo for another provider in sept, & I think I have my eyes on sprint, but judging sprint's affinity for black handsets, I'm not so sure they'll get it in white?

And why don't carriers release white & black BBs @ the same time? This is annoying when you upgrade to the latest device, and a month later it's released in white..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 04:08 AM
    You sound like the founder of this website! lol

I have no idea why carriers don't release different colored devices at the same time. My guess is that RIM wants to make as many devices as possible at first, and concentrates on black. Once the initial demand goes down, they start making white.
    08-15-11 04:11 AM
    Good luck to you and your wait!
    08-15-11 05:03 AM
    yeah i think they just painted over the evo4g to make it white as well.

my evo4g is black and the back is a textured feeling that doesnt slip, however the wifes evo4g is teh white one and it indeed, is a smooth painted feeling, i'm sure if i took a razor to it i could scrape off white to reveal black, and under the black is red..

i'd just be afraid of my white BB turning yellow =/
    08-15-11 09:23 AM
    We got lucky this time around in Canada. I am with Rogers and I was blown away when I called up my local Rogers store to ask if they had any in stock. I got yes lots of silver and white. Silver and White? serious? When I got to the store the white was just brilliant! So I bought myself one

One thing I do not like about white devices though is that normally they paint white over the black plastic instead of making white plastic that is then painted. Problem with white over black is that if you ding it or drop it then the black shows through making the scratch or ding so noticeable. Also the light bleeds out from the white devices. In the dark you don't get crisp white lines you get a blurry look.
    are you referring to the white 9800? or a white 9900. I did a double take, I love my white 9700, but I couldn't wait for the 9900 and upgraded to the black one right away.
    08-15-11 10:34 AM
    white 9810? Are u sure you didn't get a 9800? I thought the 9810's were only coming out in silver...
    08-15-11 04:40 PM
    Right now, as I sit in the UK hearing about delays, I would take a 9900 in pink.
    08-15-11 06:07 PM
    white 9810? Are u sure you didn't get a 9800? I thought the 9810's were only coming out in silver...
    The 9810 is also available in white.
    08-15-11 07:43 PM
    I would take a nice light pink one as well!
    08-15-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD