I had a Blackberry ages ago (Pearl Flip) that I never really experienced. Since then it's been Windows Mobile (6.5) and Android that I've been using. I got really sick of Android as it was the same old experience, was repetitive and battery life was absolutely terrible.

Since getting my Crackberry 9800 this past week.... it's been phenomenal. I really do see why they are quite the rage. I don't care that BB7 is coming out. Not any new features that I need. I don't need a 1ghz phone.

What I like about it:
    - Battery Life.
    - Physical keyboard
    - Loud speaker. Great for tunes.
    - Official Windows Life Messenger Client.
    - The blinking light.
    - The AT&T Ringtone.
    - Decent size screen and light-weight.
    - Blackberry Maps - SO ACCURATE! Blows Google Maps AWAY.
    - Adding Webpages like Banking to main menu.
    - Blackberry Messenger <3.

Only things I dislike:
    - The screen rotating all the time. I constantly walk around with the keyboard down just to disable that.
    - This weird browser thing. When I zoom into sites, it'll have a white strip in the central which you cannot read through. Perhaps its a OS load bug. Gonna reflash the OS to try to fix it.
    08-14-11 04:26 AM
    @ your dislikes:
    -for screen rotating: there is a free program in bb app world that locks screen from rotating though i dont remember name of app (i sold 9800 2 weeks ago and now i have bb 9000 and waiting 9900 to come..).
    -This happens cause of bb os 6 browser. If you dont want to buy a bb 7 os device, just keep your torch 9800 and download and install opera mobile or opera mini browser. A lot better browser than bb os 6 browser.
    08-14-11 05:36 AM
    I don't have the browser issue you are talking about and I am using the default browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:16 AM
    The browser issue is almost entirely gone with .600. Install the new OS either as leak or official and all should be well. [url]http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-beta-os-f95/leaked-os-6-0-0-600-blackberry-torch-9800-findings-fixes-624608/[/url
    08-14-11 07:43 AM
    I have had the white strip thing but I thought it was an issue with certain websites.

08-14-11 10:58 AM
    I don't have the browser issue you are talking about and I am using the default browser.

I'm on .448

08-14-11 08:22 PM
    I have had the issue you are speaking of with the white line, it corrected itself with a reinstall.

08-14-11 10:55 PM
    No-Ro costs 99c in app world and is totally worth it
    08-14-11 11:29 PM
    I'm on .448

As another poster stated, I no longer have the browser issue you described because I updated to .600. Its simple and easy to do. Just follow the directions in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

If you hit the lock button on top of your torch, you don't have to worry about screen rotation when you carry it or get a pouch or holster that has the magnet that will put it to sleep. As another suggested, there are apps that will keep it from rotating.
    08-15-11 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD