Well, I have not read a thread about this yet, and it is high time is ask. I stil haven't got my Bold 9900 yet, but will be getting it this week, Inshallah. My questions is for people who already have the device.

Like the iPhone (double tap the menu key), is there a way to close all background programs running on the Bold 9900. I have the Bold 9000, and sometime I forget to close a few apps, or maybe even get a call while surfing the internet. Found out it drains a lot of my battery. So, is there a way to find background apps on the 9900 and properly exiting them.

Cheers!
    08-13-11 05:31 PM
    Alt+Backspace will call up the open apps screen, some like phone, homescreen, bbm, browser will always be listed. Others that you may have left open will be there as well, and you can close them out one by one.
    08-13-11 05:43 PM
    Holding down the menu button (right next to the call button) will bring up the app switcher. The annoying part is that you have to close them one by one. In most cases, you can hold down the escape key to close the application. There's some applications that cannot be closed: Home screen, phone, BBM, messages and browser. These represent the core processes of the phone. Closing the browser window still helps though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 05:45 PM
    Can't you just hold down the menu button to see what apps are running in the background, like OS5 + 6 ???
    08-13-11 05:47 PM
    Yeah, you mean the 'Switch Application' option in the menu? Sure, you can do that as well.
    08-13-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD