Seriously! They should. They've had the Curve 8530 since the beginning of the Beyond Talk Plans, and while they have 3 Android phones and a possible rumored fourth (Optimus Black), I haven't heard a peep about another BlackBerry. I really hope they do, if I ever want to upgrade. I played with the Optimus V and liked it, but I like the BlackBerry platform better. I don't need tons of apps.

Boost Mobile got the Style recently, they should add it to VM's lineup too. And now since the OS7 Models are coming to Sprint, they could always put the old Bold 9560 and Curve 3G on there too. It would be awesome if they gave us one of the OS7 phones, like the Torch 9860, but I doubt that'll happen.
    08-12-11 12:24 PM
    I, too, would love to see new Blackberries on Virgin Mobile. Since Boost released the Style, we may see the Style or possibly Curve 3G within 3-6 months. Seeing how they announced the Curve 8530 a year after it's worldwide release, I suspect they may do the same with the OS7-powered Curves.

There will be some wait, but I don't mind not having the latest Blackberry as long as I have access to Virgin's great services and flexible, killer plans.

Also, the 8530 is no slouch. Been using it everyday for both personal and business needs and it has proven to be very dependable and more than capable. It's a true, solid phone :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    camerakid92 likes this.
    08-12-11 02:13 PM
    Yeah! I totally agree! The Curve 8530 is a GREAT phone. It's my calendar, alarm clock, facebook, email, phone, music player...I could go on and on! But let's hope there will be more Blackberrys in the future! I don't want one right now, but I just want to know that Virgin Mobile isn't giving up on RIM products and focusing on Android.
    08-12-11 10:35 PM
    Someone posted on their Facebook discussion page that they'd heard a rumor about new 'berry's in October. VM said basically they hadn't heard anything. But yeah, I'm feeling a little jealous of the specs of that new Triumph, but love my BB so much more than any Android phone.
    09-30-11 11:29 AM
    I left virgin mobile, and ran into a bunch of problems. I ended up filing a better business bureau report against them to get my $ back.

now i have uscellular (like i did before i switched to virgin mobile) first i had the curve 9330 3g and now i have the torch 9850. uscellular has 3 blackberry phones available, and much better customer service/tech support than virgin mobile.

i tried the samsung intercept..JUNK!! i'm a blackberry girl and the 8530 just wasn't cutting it. i had at least 5 of them and every one had problems..couldn't receive mms for 3 months before i told vmu to shove it. couldn't figure out how to fix it
    09-30-11 12:00 PM
    I left virgin mobile, and ran into a bunch of problems. I ended up filing a better business bureau report against them to get my $ back.

now i have uscellular (like i did before i switched to virgin mobile) first i had the curve 9330 3g and now i have the torch 9850. uscellular has 3 blackberry phones available, and much better customer service/tech support than virgin mobile.

i tried the samsung intercept..JUNK!! i'm a blackberry girl and the 8530 just wasn't cutting it. i had at least 5 of them and every one had problems..couldn't receive mms for 3 months before i told vmu to shove it. couldn't figure out how to fix it
    Ok. But are these phones available with a PrePaid Plan, like VM has? I don't have that much problem with VM service, and it's not bad at $50 for Unlimited Data, and 1200 voice minutes.
    09-30-11 03:16 PM
    Android itself is pretty junky if you ask me, and the intercept is typical android.
    09-30-11 03:20 PM
    Speaking of Android on VM. 2 new androids were just announced today on VM. Where's the frickin' love?
    09-30-11 03:22 PM
    I was looking at the specs for the style today. Man, It's not os7, but It's got some nice, nice specs, the camera is 2 times+ better than the Curve's, and os 6 isn't too bad. I just wished someone at Virgin would listen to us!
    09-30-11 10:37 PM
    I am excited to be switching from Sprint to VM, but I know what you mean. I currently have the Blackberry Style, which I love, but the Sprint plans are just too high when I can get the sam eplan for $35!!!
    I think that the 8350 is a great phone... even though it is a bit of a step back, I don't care...
    10-05-11 02:31 PM
    I would also like to see some new BlackBerry models on VM USA, that would be great! Until then, my Curve 8530 will do. No complains about it.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    10-05-11 06:16 PM
    I would also like to see some new BlackBerry models on VM USA, that would be great! Until then, my Curve 8530 will do. No complains about it.
    JFYi Boost mobile, which runs on Sprints IDEN network now has the Style 9760. Somebody posted on Fb they'd heard that VM was getting the 9810 but I won't hold my breath until I hear from VM.
    Ii

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 12:32 PM
    Im really starting to get pissed off with VM over blackberry. They have one old and boring blackberry, which I use. Boost and other carriers have at least one more BB. Im really starting to think I should switch to Boost. Since sprint, boost and Vm are the same company, whats so difficult in moving the style over to VM.

As for the 9810, I would imagine it would be extremely expensive. I would think it would cost more the the Triumph which is already $299. Anything over that price point would be DOA.

It makes more business sense to bring more androids to their line up. They are popular and hold the largest share of the market. But, please throw us a bone or something. I would imagine they use less bandwidth - with blackberry due to the lack of apps compared to android. Why why not release another BB, it saves them money.
    10-28-11 03:05 PM
    JFYi Boost mobile, which runs on Sprints IDEN network now has the Style 9760
    The Style? Hmm... don't really like that one. If it wasn't a flip phone maybe but even then, still not sure
    11-02-11 02:14 AM
    I just emailed Virgin Mobile USA, and they told me they are no longer selling BB's. They are gone from their website, but then again some people are saying that they are getting the 9350. Not sure who to believe. Does the customer service know much about this stuff?
    11-29-11 06:33 PM
    Customer Service only tells you what they are instructed to. This is the second place I've seen VMUS mentioned as getting the 9350, so crossing fingers. As for the 9810, not gonna happen, as it's GSM. Would love to see RIM put out a CDMA version, but I'd also like to see world peace, so what are you gonna do?
    11-30-11 10:18 AM
    I just switched to BB again on virgin mobile after having the crappy optimus for five months. I gave up my tour which was giving me issues but I'm glad to switch back even to the curve.

I searched high and low for information on virgin mobile USA getting a new bb and I haven't found anything but when signing up they still seemed to have a dedicated blackberry team so I don't know why they would if they were dropping bb. A lot of stores put the bb up for sale over the shopping weekend ($50 at Office Max, huzzah) but why do that and not just recall them if they were going to stop service?

Of course both reps I talked to kept going, "If you ever want to switch back to Android..." That was annoying.

If I remember when I go to work I'll check our inventory system or any new vm bb on the horizon but I won't hold my breath.
    11-30-11 07:21 PM
    Yeah, the CSR seemed to just be pushing Android. Even when I recommended that they pick the 9350 up, they said they value my suggestion, and then went onto saying I can buy an Android. I guess there is Simple Mobile with their $50 unlimited plan. I emailed the Simple Mobile Store, and they said they hope to have the Curve 9360 by Feb. 2012, when my Verizon contract ends.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-01-11 at 01:38 AM.
    12-01-11 01:36 AM
    Just called VM cust care last night to do a warranty swap on my Curve. Guy says that there is a new BB coming soon..wasn't sure which one though..possibly the Tour or Bold he said...I could see the Tour coming..a bit older but what a way to liquidate the ones Sprint contracted for?? I'd like to see something with new OS honestly.
    12-08-11 12:10 PM
    Read near the end of this post, http://forums.crackberry.com/other-n...8530-a-667172/. I don't think they would get those, it looks like they are getting OS 7 devices if this time-frame is correct. I have seen two other people get told the mid-2012 time-frame. This makes sense for OS 7 devices, as BB 10 would be released, lowering the prices on the OS 7 devices, and then VM could get them. I think they will be getting the Curve 9350 and the new Touch Curve. Also, both people were told they were getting more then one. I really hope the Tour is not coming though, it doesn't have anything above OS 5 again, and also I prefer the track-pad to the ball. The Bold 9650 might be interesting, but I hope they get the OS 7 devices instead, I really want the 9350.
    Last edited by blue_k; 12-08-11 at 01:53 PM.
    12-08-11 01:49 PM
    I just spoke with a Virgin Mobile representative they said that "Unfortunately,BlackBerry is not available currently" which leads me to think that maybe they are just updating their line up. I hope they don't decide to Drop BB and only have them available at a select few retail locations like Radioshack or Walmart, which is what is happening right now. If they launch new devices my guess would be the Curve 3g, Bold 9780 and the Torch 9810. These make the most sense because they are all slightly older devices compared to the 9900 and the curve 9360. Anyway I just hope Virgin Gets it's act together and starts shipping out new blackberrys soon because that's the main reason im switching from verizon it's only 35$ compared to $1559.76 ( 95$ a month) a year for verizon bleackberry.
    12-11-11 05:37 PM
    Someone just said in another forum that they called VM because they had an issue with their BB, and was actually able to speak with a manager. The manager informed them that a new BB is coming in the summer. They said the manager was very informed. This would indicate them actually getting the current OS 7 devices. At least the Curve 9350 anyway.
    12-11-11 07:40 PM
    I just spoke with a Virgin Mobile representative they said that "Unfortunately,BlackBerry is not available currently" which leads me to think that maybe they are just updating their line up. I hope they don't decide to Drop BB and only have them available at a select few retail locations like Radioshack or Walmart, which is what is happening right now. If they launch new devices my guess would be the Curve 3g, Bold 9780 and the Torch 9810. These make the most sense because they are all slightly older devices compared to the 9900 and the curve 9360. Anyway I just hope Virgin Gets it's act together and starts shipping out new blackberrys soon because that's the main reason im switching from verizon it's only 35$ compared to $1559.76 ( 95$ a month) a year for verizon bleackberry.
    This is so f***ing awesome! Curve 3G, Bold 9780 and Torch 9810?!?! That would be pretty great, I'd have a tough time choosing though. Doesn't really matter though, as long as I get a BlackBerry and a great deal. VM has very good reception in my area! Can't wait until they come out with new models. I gotta start putting away some money haha
    12-16-11 05:58 PM
    Please don't flame me for this but- is it possible to clone my 8530 ESN on to a Sprint 9670 I own. I dont want to discuss legalities etc. My 8530 is pooched (my 2nd one) and I own the 9670 free and clear. I've called VMUSA customer service and they keep offering me a refurb replacement
    Can someone PM me who can do this in SWFL? southwest fl.
    12-24-11 01:54 PM
    This is so f***ing awesome! Curve 3G, Bold 9780 and Torch 9810?!?! That would be pretty great, I'd have a tough time choosing though. Doesn't really matter though, as long as I get a BlackBerry and a great deal. VM has very good reception in my area! Can't wait until they come out with new models. I gotta start putting away some money haha
    Don't know where you're located, but if you're in the U.S., you'll have an easier choice than you think, as the 9780 and 9810 won't run on the VMUS network. If you're up there in Canadia, please disregard.
    01-09-12 05:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD