I got my new Bold 9900 from Bell (yay ) and I have starting clearing up all the pre-loaded APPs I don't want or use.

However I am stuck with Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk. When I click the berry menu button no additional screen pops up unlike other apps where you are able to select delete or move or hide.

I have tried resetting the berry itself but this has done nothing. It is really annoying because they are at the top of my list of apps and and I have no use for them and want to see them gone.

Any help would be great, thanks
    08-12-11 10:36 AM
    Someone will jump in shortly on how to delete them on the 9900, but you can always move them (down the list or into the applications folder), or just hide them so they are not visible.

Highlight the app in question, hit the menu key and scroll down to "Move", "Move to Folder" or "Hide".
    08-12-11 10:41 AM
    use the app loader of Desktop Software to remove any unwanted apps (if the app loader is till a feature in BB OS7)
    08-12-11 10:59 AM
    I had the same issue and did a wipe of the device because it bothered me so much and couldn't figure it out.
    08-12-11 11:00 AM
    I got my new Bold 9900 from Bell (yay ) and I have starting clearing up all the pre-loaded APPs I don't want or use.

However I am stuck with Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk. When I click the berry menu button no additional screen pops up unlike other apps where you are able to select delete or move or hide.

I have tried resetting the berry itself but this has done nothing. It is really annoying because they are at the top of my list of apps and and I have no use for them and want to see them gone.

Any help would be great, thanks
    Are you not able to delete the app from "Options - > Device -> Application Management (you will get a list of all applications here, installed in your device-> Select Yahoo Messenger -> Now you will get the "Delete" ...

You should be able to do it this way....
    08-12-11 11:13 AM
    Someone will jump in shortly on how to delete them on the 9900, but you can always move them (down the list or into the applications folder), or just hide them so they are not visible.

Highlight the app in question, I hit the menu key and scroll down to "Move", "Move to Folder" or "Hide".
    That's the weird part, when hit the menu button nothing happens. Only on those two apps.

Are you not able to delete the app from "Options - > Device -> Application Management (you will get a list of all applications here, installed in your device-> Select Yahoo Messenger -> Now you will get the "Delete" ...

You should be able to do it this way....

Seems the application manager is different than what I remember from my 9700 but I was able to open Google talks icon do the install on the phone and it showed up on my application list in the desktop software. Deleted it from there and the icon is still on the phone!
    08-12-11 11:24 AM
    That's the weird part, when hit the menu button nothing happens. Only on those two apps.

Seems the application manager is different than what I remember from my 9700 but I was able to open Google talks icon do the install on the phone and it showed up on my application list in the desktop software. Deleted it from there and the icon is still on the phone!
    Are you sure its actually installed on the phone, and not just a carrier pushed icon that sends you to download it? My carrier still pushes ICQ and some crappy tv app... If they are simply carrier pushed icons, they don't really take up any space and can just be hidden (if you wanna get really technical, remove the service book that sent them, but it will return the next time your service books get pushed onto the device).
    08-12-11 11:56 AM
    They are those carrier pushed icons but the problem is I can open the menu to hide them. Pushing the menu button on those icons does nothing for some reason.
    08-12-11 12:33 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my 9900 on rogers running .296 vodaphone update. I can't seem to move any of my newly downloaded apps into folds. When I press the menu key, there is no response, but when I try on an older icon, it works fine.
    08-12-11 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD