Hi there.

I'm not new to updating OS. But I am running into some issue I am unable to resolve.

I installed the above OS. I removed the vendor file. I tried to install it via. BB Desktop as well as via. the App Loader under /Research in Motion/AppLoader/Loader but BB Desktop does not pick-up the OS (it gives no option to upgrade) and Loader finds all my phones applications, but does not pick up any form of OS.

I have 6.0.0.1879 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
    08-12-11 10:31 AM
    Hi there.

I'm not new to updating OS. But I am running into some issue I am unable to resolve.

I installed the above OS. I removed the vendor file. I tried to install it via. BB Desktop as well as via. the App Loader under /Research in Motion/AppLoader/Loader but BB Desktop does not pick-up the OS (it gives no option to upgrade) and Loader finds all my phones applications, but does not pick up any form of OS.

I have 6.0.0.1879 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi, Peter!
    ŞяяƔ to hear that. If you are used to upgrading OS, the only thing that crossed my mind is perhaps the .615 you downloaded is corrupt.
    I don't know for sure if it will work, but try downloading from different source. Uninstall the bad .615 (and all other previous OS) from your computer before installing a fresh new .615 then see if it would load.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 12:48 PM
    Removing the currupted device software from the computer and then reinstalling it is a good thing. I had to do that, because i was having the same issue downgrading. It worked.

08-13-11 02:45 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I tried downloading the Virgin Mobile Canada copy twice and the Bell Mobility copy once. I've uninstalled each one and re-installed numerous times, and it won't show up neither in BB Desktop Manager nor in App Loader :-( Even tried a wipe of the device using BBSAK, however all I keep getting is the OS' that are officially available from AT&T (as that's where my 9700 is originally from).

BTW I've been upgrading OS' for well over a year 'til now and this is the first time I experience an issue of this sort :-/

Appreciate any help in advance.
    08-16-11 11:50 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I tried downloading the Virgin Mobile Canada copy twice and the Bell Mobility copy once. I've uninstalled each one and re-installed numerous times, and it won't show up neither in BB Desktop Manager nor in App Loader :-( Even tried a wipe of the device using BBSAK, however all I keep getting is the OS' that are officially available from AT&T (as that's where my 9700 is originally from).

BTW I've been upgrading OS' for well over a year 'til now and this is the first time I experience an issue of this sort :-/

Appreciate any help in advance.
    Sounds like you haven't deleted the vendor.xml file, or this is an AT&T idiotic annoyance.

08-16-11 11:52 PM
    I have deleted the vendor.xml file each time I've attempted to upgrade the OS. I've been installing leaks and other providers' OS' for a while now ;-)

However now upon attempting to install 6.0.0.526 (the latest AT&T approved OS), I got a message that some component of Desktop Manager needs to be installed. Will see if after this is done installing if it'll start detecting .615.
    08-16-11 11:55 PM
    Saweet deal; after this update got installed, .615 got detected, and it's now installed on my 9700 :-D

So PeterCouts, here's what you need to do to get it to show up on Desktop Manager:
    Connect your BB to your computer, open up Desktop Manager, go to "Device" from the file menu at the top and select "Update." Then when it says that there are no new updates, click on the "other versions" button and select the top one as if you were going to upgrade to it (even if it's the one you're already using on your BB). That should pop up a window telling you that a component needs to be installed to Desktop Manager to complete this operation. Click on OK, let it do it's thing, click on "Yes" when it asks you to reboot, and when you're back, you should no longer have any issues detecting and/or upgrading to 6.0.0.615 using Desktop Manager.
    08-17-11 12:22 AM
    what happened to the link for the 615 findings and fixes??
    08-17-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD