Hey guys, received the following mail from Comwave ePhone team today. They have updated their application and listened to all our feedback. This thing is getting better and better I did not yet got chance to check in App World if the update is already available.

Thank you for downloading Comwave ePhone for Playbook(tm). We would like to inform you of some improvements we've made in response to your valuable feedback:

1. Improved US area code coverage now serving over 1100 cities.

2. We now have a larger inventory of phone numbers...so if you didn't try or buy ePhone, now is the time.

3. We have corrected the "double-tap" issue that made the App go to full screen mode when dialing repetitive numbers.

4. Much faster dialing by utilizing the native Blackberry Virtual keyboard.

5. We have enabled a full screen video chat session.

6. ePhone "How-to?" coming in the next 2 days.

In the coming days we will launch two new services;

1. ePhone for non-Playbook(tm). Customers with PC & Mac can Call The World(tm) for just $20/year.

2. ePhone Anywhere(tm). This will allow Playbook(tm) App users to make and receive calls from their Playbook(tm) AND any PC or Mac from anywhere in the world without installing software. With ePhone Anywhere, you will have the flexibility to use your ePhone even when your Playbook(tm) is not around. Make calls from your office, home, when you travel, Anywhere! ePhone for PC & Mac will enhance your ePhone Playbook(tm) App experience by allowing free video calls between all ePhone users around the world regardless of their device.

We're excited by your response to ePhone.

Stay tuned...If you haven't already purchased ePhone...this is a limited time offer. Sign up today

Free Comwave ePhone - Download Comwave ePhone - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    08-11-11 05:05 PM
    Yes I got this email earlier as well. I did email them and ask about access with other platforms. For $20 I thinm this could be a ver viable alternative to Skype for cross platform communications. Then if they can add phone numbers and services from other locations around the world the service would be unstoppable.

Keep up the great work Comwave.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 05:10 PM
    I also got the email. The day they bring out the cross-platform version is the day I turn my back on Skype forever. This is assume. Comwave seems to be very responsive and quick to make meaningful changes. They would be a good example for RIM to follow.
    08-11-11 08:44 PM
    I signed up for the trial and am not sure who you can do video with other than another playbook. At this point if that is true, then how is this any better for video than the PB video chat? I live in Indiana and I was disappointed that the available phone numbers all were for the Indianapolis area and nothing available for my area of the state. This requires a long distance phone call to the PB to reach the application. I can see potential in this application and I am glad for once there is something out for PB before it is available for Apple products.
    08-11-11 10:53 PM
    what does it cost after the trial
    08-12-11 12:06 AM
    This app has shown good improvement since launch. I'm calling Thailand steady, the call quality is now very good. Moving around in the app is getting less buggy. Most excelant job comwave!!
    08-12-11 12:32 AM
    what does it cost after the trial
    $20 a year..
    08-12-11 12:32 AM
    then how is this any better for video than the PB video chat?
    I travel a lot and would like to use my PB to video chat with my wife. She does not have a PB so the PB video chat is of no use to us. Same with my kids. This app, when available on the PC will allow us to video chat regardless of platform.

This requires a long distance phone call to the PB to reach the application.
    It's only long distance if you're calling from a land line which fewer and fewer of us do anymore. Calling from another instance of the app, running on a PC or PB or calling from a cell phone, there are no long distance charges.

I see this as kind of a combination of Magic Jack and Skype.
    08-12-11 10:36 AM
    This app is a great addition to my Playbook as I do travel a lot. I took the free trial 4 days ago. I was going to buy it as soon as my free trial ended. I didn't read the trial conditions 100 minutes or 3 days. Unfortunately this app does not come up and tell you, "your trial has ended, do you want to purchase". It just no longer lets you log in. I contacted their support as was told if you did not purchase before your 3 days was up, you have to start all over again. I had to go to "Buy" and re register, but my nick name was taken (by me during the trial) so had to use and new name and PW as well, get a new Playbook phone number.

So if you have the trial and plan to buy, hit the buy button before your trial expires.
    08-12-11 01:46 PM
    I just got off the phone with customer service and the representative told me that I have 30 days of trial totaling 100 minutes. He also said that I would wait till the time period is up before I could purchase the service. I do not know if anyone else has seen a 30 day trial period.
    08-13-11 03:42 PM
    I spoke to Comwave today as I was expecting to see the update pushed out through app world.

However they advised that v1.2 has now been pushed out and if you look in App world the number is 1.2

I also went on to ask when the desktop / webased application would be available.

The reply was quite simply.... "This Week!"
    08-22-11 11:31 AM
    Wow - this week would be awesome. Can't wait to load this on my wife's laptop so that I can finally to video chat with here. That was one of the main things I purchased my PB for.
    08-22-11 11:54 AM
    If someone tries to call me ePhone number while my PB is turned off or not on WiFi they get a recorded message saying the call can't go through as dialed. Is there any way to set up voice messaging so that when I do put my PB on-line I can get my messages and return them?
    08-22-11 02:40 PM
    I just got off the phone with customer service and the representative told me that I have 30 days of trial totaling 100 minutes. He also said that I would wait till the time period is up before I could purchase the service. I do not know if anyone else has seen a 30 day trial period.
    Well the customer service rep did not know what he was talking about. I was only eligible for a 3 day trial and you must purchase during the 3 day period. So I have been given another try and this time I will purchase before the 3 days is up. Fortunately, the phone number I had been given was still available so i have taken it again.
    08-22-11 06:29 PM
    Ladies and gents a true cross platform Skype alternative is finally here

see thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...atform-642358/
    08-24-11 02:20 PM
    i want to use comwave to conduct video callsbetween my PB and a windowsbased laptop wehave at home. Do i need to purchase the app. twice as there will be two different accounts logging on or can i just purchase it once and load it twice? which offering is best, i assume Anywhere?

thanks
    10-20-11 02:51 PM
    you can take a PC-PB combo for a little extra, but i don't know it looks like android Skype is on the way as well as android IMO Skype, while web IMO Skype is already here, so is there still a need to replace Skype?
    10-20-11 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD