B@stard Hybrid 20110811

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

This is my latest privately built hybrid and yes, I am growing tired of so many refreshes caused by new leaks...but it beats having no news on the OS front.

I am releasing this at the request of several users here on CrackBerry.

This hybrid has been through very limited testing on a Bold 9700 using a base OS of 6.0.0.615 as released by Bell Mobility, which is the OS I recommend.

You can get the stock OS installer here.

Change Log:
    • (Almost) Full java swap from 6.0.0.650
    • Includes many files from the latest leaked OS - 7.0.0.317 - several of which were upgraded from older legacy versions

Please note, this is a larger file than my earlier builds. This is because I have included so many files in the swap from 650.

I have not tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.615_P6.6.0.223\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you are attempting to install this over any other hybrid, you should first restore the original Java folder for 6.0.0.615 on your PC. A few of the stock files are used in this build, and the proper functioning of this hybrid depends on using those stock files.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Download B@stard Hybrid 20110811

EDIT 20110812: I am attaching a patch for users who installed this build prior to this morning. The patch contains two files that will fix the media button issue. They can be injected using BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or BlackBerry Master Control Program (my preferred utility).

EDIT 20110813: I am also attaching a patch for users who installed on August 11 or 12 and are experiencing problems with the email setup program. The patch contains just one file that can be injected using BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife or BlackBerry Master Control Program (my preferred utility).
    Last edited by wu-wei; 08-13-11 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Added patch for email setup problems.
    08-11-11 12:13 PM
    Another work of art! Magnificent! Another 10 star rating folks!
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 01:04 PM
    Hey wu! Working hard, aren't you? Well, I tested a hybrid based on your 280808 which I respectfully called B@stard-Helmet, injecting all the .317 cods including the ones replacing .277 cods. I tested them using .615 OS base with it's own radio files(sfi and alx, core files). Got that "A communication failure" message from time to time when browsing. So, I replaced the radio files for .600 and testing now. So far, the .615 UI smothness and web browsing speed are gone and still get the failure message as well. Anyways, my guess is it's a .615 cod causing this. Has anyone else experienced this issue with .615?

Well, I think I'll go back to .615 radio files to get the smoothness back and try to figure out which cod may be causing this...
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 01:10 PM
    Another work of art! Magnificent! Another 10 star rating folks!
    I'm guessing you got that early-release email and loaded 'er up right quick.
    ench18 likes this.
    08-11-11 01:15 PM
    Hey wu! Working hard, aren't you? Well, I tested a hybrid based on your 280808 which I respectfully called B@stard-Helmet, injecting all the .317 cods including the ones replacing .277 cods. I tested them using .615 OS base with it's own radio files(sfi and alx, core files). Got that "A communication failure" message from time to time when browsing. So, I replaced the radio files for .600 and testing now. So far, the .615 UI smothness and web browsing speed are gone and still get the failure message as well. Anyways, my guess is it's a .615 cod causing this. Has anyone else experienced this issue with .615?

Well, I think I'll go back to .615 radio files to get the smoothness back and try to figure out which cod may be causing this...
    Yup. I updated some of the legacy files that had been included in 20110808, too.

Not sure what is causing the error you're experiencing...except that perhaps you really are getting communication failures due to coverage issues with your carrier. That is the only thing I can think of, as I haven't heard any reports of that as a consistent issue.

I was browsing a mobile site several days ago and kept getting errors that the internet was unavailable (an odd message indeed) but it turned out that the particular site was dealing with some downtime.

For the curious, this build includes 161 files from 7.0.0.317, and 150 from 6.0.0.650. Plus a smattering of files from 6.1.0.x and 7.0.0.115.
    08-11-11 01:19 PM
    B@stard Hybrid 20110811

Created by wu-wei (theme developer ordinaire and former BDHP member/beta-tester)

This is my latest privately built hybrid and yes, I am growing tired of so many refreshes caused by new leaks...but it beats having no news on the OS front.

I am releasing this at the request of several users here on CrackBerry.

This hybrid has been through very limited testing on a Bold 9700 using a base OS of 6.0.0.615 as released by Bell Mobility, which is the OS I recommend.

You can get the stock OS installer here.

Change Log:
    • (Almost) Full java swap from 6.0.0.650
    • Includes many files from the latest leaked OS - 7.0.0.317 - several of which were upgraded from older legacy versions

Please note, this is a larger file than my earlier builds. This is because I have included so many files in the swap from 650.

I have not tested this hybrid on any other devices, or on any other OS versions as a base install; however it should work on other devices without issue.

I will not be providing any support for this hybrid. I have not encountered any bugs with this build, but I have not run it through extensive testing either.

To install this hybrid, extract the contents of this zip file into the Java folder of the base OS you choose to use. On my system, these files were extracted into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700AllLang_v6.0.0.615_P6.6.0.223\Java.

When you extract the cod files into the folder listed above, you should be prompted to confirm that you want to replace existing files. If you are not prompted, then you are probably trying to extract to the wrong directory and the hybrid files will not be installed on your device.

If you are attempting to install this over any other hybrid, you should first restore the original Java folder for 6.0.0.615 on your PC. A few of the stock files are used in this build, and the proper functioning of this hybrid depends on using those stock files.

If you do not know exactly what you're doing, then you should choose one of the following options:

1. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS HYBRID.
    2. Read my guide on the CrackBerry forums, available here: Hybrid OS Installation Guide
    3. Read any How To posts by elite1 in practically any hybrid or leaked OS thread on CrackBerry.com
    4. Search the CrackBerry forums and read as much as you can find about how the BlackBerry OS loader process works.

Again, I will not provide any support for the installation or operation of this hybrid. It is intended for experienced users.

This package does NOT include any third party applications at all. I build hybrid OSes. I do not promote any apps or force users to choose whether they want to install apps they may or may not want. If you are looking for a particular third party app, I probably have an opinion about it and may be able to tell you where to find it (I'm talking free or paid versions, NOT WAREZ).

Download B@stard Hybrid 20110811
    I'm guessing you got that early-release email and loaded 'er up right quick.
    I did? Yha i think i did! Its up and running pretty smooooth!!!!! Had to do the whole wipe and install thingy (just to be sure). Now to test it some more. I'll be back for more results.
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 01:30 PM
    Runs like butter!!!!

08-11-11 01:42 PM
    Best Hybrid I ever installed on my 9700 after 15 apps 98mb left and no memory leek after hours of messing with the phone..excellent JOB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 05:55 PM
    Rockin' this version of B@stard now, Wu...it's awesome. Best hybrids are the ones with zero complaints, zero bugs. How about a new leak?
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 07:48 PM
    Wow, another new release! Your hybrid seems pretty fast to have new os versions. It makes me feel that I'm rushing to install your hybrid. Downloading again..

wu-wei likes this.
    08-11-11 08:15 PM
    How about a new leak?
    Dude, you're killing me.
    08-11-11 09:47 PM
    Wow, another new release! Your hybrid seems pretty fast to have new os versions. It makes me feel that I'm rushing to install your hybrid. Downloading again..

Yes, the speed of OS7 leaks is fueling the pace of my own builds. I'd actually like a bit of a break from reinstalling OSes on my poor phone.

However, I personally think this one is my best offering to date. I am very happy with every aspect of it.

And I am reducing the number of 6.1.0.x files used, which is a good thing too.
    08-11-11 09:49 PM
    ive never installed a hybrid before, but have been running this garbage .600 leak since it came out and so far from the responses this sounds to be pretty good.

just giving you a thanks for the work at putting this together and interested in seeing how it runs.
    08-11-11 11:05 PM

Everthing works fine, ui very fluid overall but we all know perfection only exists in Disney World. My media buttons are no longer working, volume up/down mute key, besides that everything is fine. I need to do some searching to find which cods are responsible for the media keys.

08-12-11 03:46 AM
    Lol I just installed your hybrid before this yesterday. Crap. )
    08-12-11 04:25 AM

Everthing works fine, ui very fluid overall but we all know perfection only exists in Disney World. My media buttons are no longer working, volume up/down mute key, besides that everything is fine. I need to do some searching to find which cods are responsible for the media keys.

Dang it. I was waiting for some issue to crop up. I haven't used my media keys in quite a while, so I hadn't noticed that.

If I recall correctly, the media key issue is not controlled by any cod files, but by the sfi file itself. At least that's how I remember it from back in the day....
    08-12-11 04:26 AM
    Lol I just installed your hybrid before this yesterday. Crap. )
    Yup, me too.

Well, ok, maybe a couple of days before that.

If nothing else, the OS install process is becoming VERY familiar to me. But then, I build these things so that makes sense.

I do apologize for the rapid-fire nature of these releases, but we keep getting goodies to build with....
    08-12-11 04:28 AM
    it's all good until I realized somehow chinese input is not available, only chinese display is available even though the options are there in the installation
    need to downgrade now
    08-12-11 05:11 AM
    Dang it. I was waiting for some issue to crop up. I haven't used my media keys in quite a while, so I hadn't noticed that.

If I recall correctly, the media key issue is not controlled by any cod files, but by the sfi file itself. At least that's how I remember it from back in the day....
    The media button issue in the past was being unable to skip songs using the volume up/down keys. The issue here is down to cods, I had the same issue a while ago with one of my betas. Ill have a look at your system read if you like and see if I can remember what caused the problem.

wu-wei likes this.
    08-12-11 06:33 AM
    +1 on the media key issue. No volume control at all in the music player, nor will it FF or REW...
    08-12-11 08:46 AM
    Replace 7.0.0.317 net_rim_media_actions.cod and net_rim_media_actions_daemon.cod files for 6.0.0.650 files. Worked for me, got my volume control back! Back to zero issues!
    hytran, jon4400 and wu-wei like this.
    08-12-11 09:45 AM
    Replace 7.0.0.317 net_rim_media_actions.cod and net_rim_media_actions_daemon.cod files for 6.0.0.650 files. Worked for me, got my volume control back! Back to zero issues!
    confirmed. but i used .615 files cuz i didnt have .650
    hytran likes this.
    08-12-11 10:37 AM
    I replaced those two files in the hybrid zip and just updated the file that is available for download.
    08-12-11 01:23 PM
    That's the ones, from 6.1.0.50 onwards they are not compatible with os6, but its been that long since I've even used a bb I can barely remember all the cod file names lol

08-12-11 01:55 PM
    Runs like butter!!!!

I forgot where this is located. How did you get that screenshot?
    08-12-11 07:53 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD