I switch my blackberry device to the new Blackberry Bold 9900 yesterday via the desktop software. Everything went smoothly. However, when I click on the my world icon in the Blackberry app it is stuck at please wait. It doesn't even allow me to sign in to my Blackberry ID. Can anyone help me?! Thanks
    08-11-11 12:00 PM
    Did you do a battery pull. This has happened before and I just pull the battery out and reboot to fix it. If not, you should return the phone.
    08-11-11 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. Yes I pulled the battery many times. Another solutions? Blackberry app does work it just won't let me connect to my world and signin frozen at please wait! =(
    08-11-11 12:35 PM
    I have the same issue...no resolution as of yet
    08-11-11 01:18 PM
    Might sound silly, but it happened to me twice, with my 9700 and my 9780 as well. It wouldn't let me sign in cause I hadn't set the time zone right. When I did, it worked just fine. Give it a try and let me know!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    08-11-11 01:21 PM
    Another solution would be log in to the App World from a computer and MAKE SURE that your phone is turned off or ALL the connections are off before log into App World from a computer.

So.. log in and log out from a computer. Now turn on the phone or turn on the connections and try log in from the phone. Let me know if this works.
    08-11-11 01:45 PM
    Also there is a new feature on OS7 where you can enter your BB ID under Options and it will be used for all your log in needs. Make sure that option is active and you have the right data in there because it may be causing an issue with authentication.

I am still waiting for Telus to release the phone, so sorry I can't test this by myself.
    08-11-11 01:47 PM
    I used to have this problem because App Word still thought I was signed in from my other phone. I made sure the other phone was turned off and then started App World and it worked.

It may also help trying to install any application, App World would prompt a username and password.

Hope this helps.
    08-11-11 01:50 PM
    I used to have this problem because App Word still thought I was signed in from my other phone. I made sure the other phone was turned off and then started App World and it worked.

It may also help trying to install any application, App World would prompt a username and password.

Hope this helps.
    08-11-11 01:50 PM
    I also find my email application is down as well as Blackberry Protect

anyone else?
    08-11-11 01:52 PM
    I also find my email application is down as well as Blackberry Protect

anyone else?
    Got it... I think I got your issue... This sounds like a service book issue. Go to the potions and resend the service books. It should fix it and if not call Rogers and complain about service issues because they can also re-push the service books for you.
    08-11-11 01:54 PM
    This happened to me too. I wiped and loaded the beta os works fine now.
    08-11-11 04:09 PM
    I am having the same issue. Called rogers and they pushed service books, did nothing. App World hangs, Blackberry Protect doesn't initialize and Email Setup is "temporarily unavailable". Tried security wipe and do device switch from torch again, but still same problem. Rogers even suggested replacing my SIM (since it was from 2006), and that was a waste of $9.99.

Going to wipe device completely and reload leaked OS tonight to see if that works.
    08-11-11 06:41 PM
    I have the same problem.
    Tried my sim in another bold 9900 and it worked perfectly.
    Has anyone got around this?
    08-11-11 07:44 PM
    I did a wipe with bbsak, did a reload

I did NOT restore ANYTHING initially or ANY apps

just a clean OK and went through the process. I think some BBOS 6 data corrupts BBOS 7
    08-11-11 08:02 PM
    I did a wipe with bbsak, did a reload

I did NOT restore ANYTHING initially or ANY apps

just a clean OK and went through the process. I think some BBOS 6 data corrupts BBOS 7
    BBSAK cant connect to the device.
    08-11-11 08:39 PM
    I have the same problem and I suspect it is because I have been installing apps from my Torch (using BBSAK) into this Bold 9900. Those apps are those apps which are not yet available for Bold 9900. I am going to try to delete the apps that are not ready for Bold 9900 and see if it will solve the problem.
    08-11-11 09:41 PM
    check your PC, etc. get BBSAK to do a wipe and load down the OS again

and just start slow...I am now very happy and while a lot of the apps are not 100% compatible yet things are working
    08-11-11 10:09 PM
    I had this problem as well yesterday. I loaded a new os and the problem was solved. saw no posts about it yesterday so i thought i was the only one and it was just a fluke
    08-11-11 10:18 PM
    I did a wipe and it resolved the problem ... to be on the safe side, I will not install those apps (using BBSAK) that are not yet updated for 9900.
    08-11-11 10:33 PM
    As long as you logged in fine, restore what you need

I think it is a database rather than a program that corrupts the blackberry id/email, etc.

I just restored messages, wlan, sounds and memos

Bbms came back automatically (which was cool, btw)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 07:36 AM
    I think I had the same problem with both my 9860 and 9900 and connecting via my WiFi network and trying again worked.
    08-12-11 07:56 AM
    I had this exact problem. I solved it though and am posting what I did for anyone who might be going through this.
    This is what I did that got me into trouble:
    1) Unboxed the 9900, but the battery in and fired up BB desktop manager.
    2) Connected my Torch 9800 which is running OS6.xx.xx600 and clicked switch devices.
    3) Connected my 9900 when DM asked me to
    4) Everything works, all apps are there. But App World and BB Protect refused to work.
    What I tried but didn't work:
    1) Pulled Battery number of times
    2) Deleted App world and reinstalled twice
    3) Deleted App World and downloaded App World 3.0 from BB beta zone.
    4) Wiped the device and put in my sim card. Didn't back up or transfer contacts and tried App World. Still no joy.
    What Finally worked:
    1) Backed up 9900 contacts only. Dumped the applications.
    2) Wiped the device
    3) Downloaded latest .296 OS from VodafoneDE site.
    4) Installed new OS using Apploader.
    5) On device boot up, the 9900 now asked me the BB ID I want to associate with the device.
    6) Entered user and pass. App World confirmed if I wanted to shift the device linked to my account. Clicked yes.
    7) App world and Protect started working
    8) Now again performed a device switch from my Torch. (Luckily I didn't wipe the Torch). I selected only apps to be transfered.
    9) All apps were installed.
    10) Now I restored my contacts etc from the 9900 backup I had taken earlier.
    Eerything works.
    By the way I decided to stick with App World 3.0 from the beta zone.
    Hope this helps someone out.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 08-13-11 at 05:40 AM.
    08-12-11 11:59 AM
    I've tried the above with no luck and it is even patchy if I try and connect through the laptop. Interestingly, I get notifications telling me that I have updates ready through the App World, but cannot connect from the phone to down load them.

I would be most grateful if anyone could help! Thank you!!
    08-13-11 06:16 AM
    Bump! Please help, if you can. Thanks!
    08-13-11 11:20 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD